Photo

Has Anyone Else Bothered To Remove Junk?

junk remove In-game

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

PhysX

PhysX
  • 17 posts

I was looking around my neighborhood lately and i was wondering, has anyone else made any effort to clean up the junk piles?

I cleaned all mine within like, the first 2 weeks of playing. I don't know about you guys, but i thought the loot from them was pretty good.

Note: The players i looked at are indeed high leveled, and are active.

Patooky

Patooky
  • 50 posts

I cleaned up my compound as well. The loot was good, but I just like a tidy compound. :o)

A lot of the compounds I have viewed and/or raided have left a lot of the junk around. Especially the big green pump inside of the compound.

Cheers!

Kuronishen

Kuronishen
  • 545 posts

Cleaning up the junk looks tidier, and makes space.

Hence why I did it.

Abrahami

Abrahami
  • 187 posts

Fuel in the most biggest containers. I also couldn't put that 3rd survivor to missions, so he's got a lot of work to do.

That was months ago.

Nicol_Djaghilev

Nicol_Djaghilev
  • 569 posts

Once upon a time, my compound was full of piles of junk, but not anymore.

Littering is a criminal offense in MY neighborhood.

Arthur_Bishop

Arthur_Bishop
  • 227 posts

I did a few of the smaller bundles, but I mostly waited until I got all ten survivors to just blitz through the larger bits, especially the engine in the back.

Patooky

Patooky
  • 50 posts

I did a few of the smaller bundles, but I mostly waited until I got all ten survivors to just blitz through the larger bits, especially the engine in the back.

Actually, its a pump.  :o)

Sandro_Jern

Sandro_Jern
  • 778 posts

lol cleared mine within first 2 weeks...that's the easy part...the hard part is actually bothering to _recycle_ all your junk ;)

Edited by Sandro_Jern, 12 April 2013 - 12:39 AM.

James_C_Grayson

James_C_Grayson
  • 237 posts

I keep a few junks as a defensive strategy if i'm being raided.

Sometimes, they're useful if you're being raided. Seeing how i was raided 3 times with my new layout. Only my productive buildings(Except the FUEL Generator) have been touched.

Patooky

Patooky
  • 50 posts

James-

Leaving junk around your compound will actually help the raiders. It'll give them somehing to hide behind (as your defenders shoot at them) as they approach your compound.

Clear it all out and have nothing but an open field. The raiders will have to cross the open area to get to your compound, giving you an excellent chance of taking them out as they approach.

Cheers!

Stg Jonny

Stg Jonny
  • 436 posts
Cleaned it long time ago. Good loot in dem.

Edited by Stg Jonny, 12 April 2013 - 08:04 AM.

matteofumagalli

matteofumagalli
  • 213 posts

i only left the big pump i never have all the survivors in the compound and i forget often the pump presence so i don't remove the pump

Rain08

Rain08
  • 1,370 posts

Yep, since the day I started to play this game, but I didn't notice the barrels on the south side of the compound until I reached level 23, that's why I'm wondering the task that you must remove all  of your junk in your compound is still on 34/35 (forgot the total of junks but I'm one more junk away from it).

Overlord of Zombies

Overlord of Zombies
  • 20 posts

I just ordered my survivors to go remove junk when they're left over on missions when I'm low level and don't know how to efficiently conduct missions with them, which have all my junk (Yes, the pump too) removed all within a week and a half. Good loot, especially the fuel.

James_C_Grayson

James_C_Grayson
  • 237 posts

James-

Leaving junk around your compound will actually help the raiders. It'll give them somehing to hide behind (as your defenders shoot at them) as they approach your compound.

Clear it all out and have nothing but an open field. The raiders will have to cross the open area to get to your compound, giving you an excellent chance of taking them out as they approach.

Cheers!

Good tip, thanks! :)

Mylanaster

Mylanaster
  • 35 posts

I just played this nice piece of software for a few hours right now...

... but I´m sure that all the junk piles won´t last long.

Don´t want to be hindered in Shelter combat, don´t want an untidy shelter.

My leader has the unpleasent Task to remove the heavier bits right now... till rooky time expires.

Samuel Feng

Samuel Feng
  • 64 posts

Oh yeah, definitely... unfortunately, the raiders can still hide outside of your compound with the junk that's outside...

But actually; Don't remove the pump because it's really useful for later on when you have an urgent issue... (I shouldn't have removed it, it is such a awesome decoration to me, and for that reason...which it reminds me; we should have decorations in our compounds)... and I removed all the junk in my compound, and it took me about 1 month to do it. I couldn't be bothered with it anyways, until I started looking at people's compounds and watching Dead Zone videos on YouTube...

One thing I always got frustrated, is that the ability to not scavenge or remove the junk outside our compound. I'm sure Con already knows about this, but just to say... 

Edited by Samuel Feng, 13 April 2013 - 02:51 AM.

CarbonNitride

CarbonNitride
  • 84 posts

The junk exists so raiders can spawn in with cover. Otherwise, the offense would be even more impaired then it is now.

Sandro_Jern

Sandro_Jern
  • 778 posts

Oh yeah, definitely... unfortunately, the raiders can still hide outside of your compound with the junk that's outside...

But actually; Don't remove the pump because it's really useful for later on when you have an urgent issue... (I shouldn't have removed it, it is such a awesome decoration to me, and for that reason...which it reminds me; we should have decorations in our compounds)... and I removed all the junk in my compound, and it took me about 1 month to do it. I couldn't be bothered with it anyways, until I started looking at people's compounds and watching Dead Zone videos on YouTube...

One thing I always got frustrated, is that the ability to not scavenge or remove the junk outside our compound. I'm sure Con already knows about this, but just to say... 

we do have compound decorations, you can build them with fuel in the misc. section...I for example have a russian flag and 10 red tires around my compound...and don't whine about them costing fuel, they're very cheap

LindenBrah

LindenBrah
  • 241 posts

Hahaha i kind of judge people by how mcuh junk they still have left to remove. I tried to get mine away quickyl so i got more space in my compound

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: junk, remove, In-game