Photo

My Opinion About The New Injury System

injury system opinion

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

FlyingNinjaBoar

FlyingNinjaBoar
  • 395 posts

Con you did a great job with this new injury system, I just wanna say something:

I see a lot of players complaining about this new system, that they get to much injury's.

then I got just 1 thing to say to them: Change your damn mission tactics, if you get injured that means your doing something wrong. If you don't like this new update just go away then, this is meant to be an Survival/RPG zombie game. This is where the mans get separated from the boy's.

Con just made this game more realistic then before by adding this new system, I would rather heal my injury's (1 so far) then wait 2 to 3 hours for my survivor to be back on his feet.

Like I sad, I only got 1 injury so far in like 12 missions (lvl 24) area's.

Just stop crying about your injury's, get over it and improve your tactic or go and play my little pony if this game is to hard for you.

(P.S) if u never had any injury's or not much, congrats u belong to the men side and not the boy. 

FuryPally

FuryPally
  • 48 posts

daily -1

tatic's DO add to it but luck is also a factor...since the patch was updated i have only taken 3 hits in roughly 8 missions...2 of witch resulted in injury's that required level 4 medical things

66% hit to injury ratio so far...

FlyingNinjaBoar

FlyingNinjaBoar
  • 395 posts

daily -1

tatic's DO add to it but luck is also a factor...since the patch was updated i have only taken 3 hits in roughly 8 missions...2 of witch resulted in injury's that required level 4 medical things

66% hit to injury ratio so far...

i am only complaining about all the player who cry that they get to many injury's and that the game sucks, and i like this new system, why else is this in the *feedback* side?

warbrand2

warbrand2
  • 1,141 posts

think furypally is just one of the people that joined the forum to complain about the new update there seems to be a lot of them.

Aruula

Aruula
  • 42 posts

In my opinion it´s a real big failure... Example: a lvl 5 player try a challange and join a lvl 6 area, he wipe with the whole team. then he have a real big problem. He will need grade 5 items to heal the survivers ... when he can get grade 5 medical items? with a medical station on lvl 5 or in high lvl areas ... it need a lot of time, ress and/or fuel to get them. How long it would need to have a lvl 5 medical station? one week? two weeks?

with the old system he only need to wait a time to get his survivers cured.

honestly, if i where a newbie in the game and if i had such a problem in lower lvl´s, i would quit the game ...

also a example: I´m lvl 15 and I played a mission and one from my team got ONE hit from a infected, usualy no problem, heal em with a medic/leader or dont care and play the mission to the end. But this survivor got a injury which needed a grade 4 item to cure em ... from ONE hit from a infected ... *applause*

Or just actualy: My main team wiped (i tried a lvl 16 area and there were 2 rushs in short time). All four survivors down and now I need grade 5 medical items to heal my team. My medical station is atm on lvl 3 ...

My second team cant join those high lvl area hospitals to find maybe some grade 5 items. I tried some missions to residental houses to get some medical stuff ... around 10 missions to lvl 6-14 residental houses ... I got medical items: 2 mediacl tapes (former usualy tapes). Yeah!

Under the line I think this new injury system is a huge step away from the "Game playing Fun".

RowdyRhodes

RowdyRhodes
  • 54 posts

I agree with FlyingNinjaBoar, however I am at lvl 15 - on every mission [and yes I know how to properly cover my team] I have received injuries. On the last mission a script hung and all 5 players were trapped outside the exit zone. They now have severe injuries and are pretty much useless. I only have 8 players, no medical supplies to treat severe injuries and now I'm on the way out. I'll fight to the end, however the new system is not balanced in that the number of injuries compared to the amount of medical supplies available at my lvl makes it impossible to play without paying for supplies. Something that's not going to happen. So I'll do as FlyingNinjaBoar suggests... leave. Lots of other games out there. The new medical system, unless modified to ensure balanced play, plenty of medical supplies and less injuries makes this game not "more realistic" it makes it pretty much impossible to win without buying fuel and/or medical supplies. i.e. A cash grab.

FlyingNinjaBoar you are almost twice my lvl so you have many more levels to go vack down to to grab medical supplies. Aruula us correct, if a lower level player tries a grab for higher medical supplies in a higher zone odds are they are toast and out of the game. Con had a good game until they instituted the new medical. Too bad... I doubt I'll be here to enjoy it. Good luck folks.

FlyingNinjaBoar

FlyingNinjaBoar
  • 395 posts

yeah i understand why ppl don't like the new update, but this game is meant to be  realistic zombie survival game, and what is this game without injury's that makes it harder to do this game? when in RL an zombie apocalypse happens ppl get injured and need treatment. i think Con did really well on this new update, and i suggest to the lower lvl players do a lot of low lvl hospitals etc. (idk if you can find grade 5 stuff there). and maybe Con can change this system a little bit, that when ur a higher lvl u get faster/more injury's and low lvl players aren't likely to get injured. maybe they can find a balance between that.  

Aruula

Aruula
  • 42 posts

I´m lvl 15.

You cant find grade 5 stuff in lvl 14 hospitals or lvl 16 residentals! I tried this since the update is live.

You cant recycle grade 4 or 5 medical items from grey, green and blue medical kits!

You cant craft medical Tape, which is needed to cure some severe injury!

The ONCE way to cure severe injury as low lvl player is to pay with fuel! Crafting grade 4 items cost 10 Fuel and I bet grade 5 Items will cost then minimum 20 or 25 fuel. You can buy the needed medical stuff for fuel. Example: Grade 4 Tape cost 20 fuel, Grade 5 Bandage cost 40 fuel!!

This new injury system is a lousy try to ripoff the player and compel them to buy fuel! Especially the low lvl player!

Yeah, as high lvl player you have maybe easier access to fuel with generator or finding in missions, but a low lvl you are really f*****!

With higher lvl you maybe have the weapons and gear to avoid injury´s, but as low lvl you are really f*****!

If someone cant understand: Make a new account and try to play until lvl 15, then you can see that all good advice from high lvl player are so far for the ***!!

Why not this way: Give us back the timer and the option to speed up this timer with the medical stuff ?!?!?

oh yeah, i forgot, then you cant compel the player any longer to buy fuel ...

sry for my english, it´s not my native language.

Update: just found in a lvl 14 hospital 2x grade 4 tape and a grade 5 gaze

Edited by Aruula, 17 May 2013 - 06:02 AM.

FlyingNinjaBoar

FlyingNinjaBoar
  • 395 posts

I´m lvl 15.

You cant find grade 5 stuff in lvl 14 hospitals or lvl 16 residentals! I tried this since the update is live.

You cant recycle grade 4 or 5 medical items from grey, green and blue medical kits!

You cant craft medical Tape, which is needed to cure some severe injury!

The ONCE way to cure severe injury as low lvl player is to pay with fuel! Crafting grade 4 items cost 10 Fuel and I bet grade 5 Items will cost then minimum 20 or 25 fuel. You can buy the needed medical stuff for fuel. Example: Grade 4 Tape cost 20 fuel, Grade 5 Bandage cost 40 fuel!!

This new injury system is a lousy try to ripoff the player and compel them to buy fuel! Especially the low lvl player!

Yeah, as high lvl player you have maybe easier access to fuel with generator or finding in missions, but a low lvl you are really f*****!

With higher lvl you maybe have the weapons and gear to avoid injury´s, but as low lvl you are really f*****!

If someone cant understand: Make a new account and try to play until lvl 15, then you can see that all good advice from high lvl player are so far for the ***!!

Why not this way: Give us back the timer and the option to speed up this timer with the medical stuff ?!?!?

oh yeah, i forgot, then you cant compel the player any longer to buy fuel ...

sry for my english, it´s not my native language.

that is why i suggested that it needs more balance

Dead Generations

Dead Generations
  • 1,076 posts

yeah i understand why ppl don't like the new update, but this game is meant to be  realistic zombie survival game, and what is this game without injury's that makes it harder to do this game? when in RL an zombie apocalypse happens ppl get injured and need treatment. i think Con did really well on this new update, and i suggest to the lower lvl players do a lot of low lvl hospitals etc. (idk if you can find grade 5 stuff there). and maybe Con can change this system a little bit, that when ur a higher lvl u get faster/more injury's and low lvl players aren't likely to get injured. maybe they can find a balance between that.  

What website do you play on? Also, do you have DMU?

FlyingNinjaBoar

FlyingNinjaBoar
  • 395 posts

What website do you play on? Also, do you have DMU?

i play on FB, and no i have a DMU

Dead Generations

Dead Generations
  • 1,076 posts

i play on FB, and no i have a DMU

"and no i have a DMU"

. . . does that mean you do have it or not? Because you just said you do and don't have the DMU. . .

FlyingNinjaBoar

FlyingNinjaBoar
  • 395 posts

lol i srry i have 1 :P english isn't my native language

Dead Generations

Dead Generations
  • 1,076 posts

lol i srry i have 1 :P english isn't my native language

You do realize people without a DMU have to wait hours until their survivors get back right? Not 5 or 10 minutes. You may only think this is a good update because you can get medical items quick and easy, if you didn't have a DMU, you probably wouldn't think it was as great as you think it is right now.

FlyingNinjaBoar

FlyingNinjaBoar
  • 395 posts

dude, i don't get any injury's so why do i need medical supplies? i only do streets, gunstore etc. i only got 2 minor injury's in the back, but compare that to all the manual missions i did in the time since the update came, or i'm doing something good, or they are doing something bad.

and this topic was started by me cus i wanted to share my opinion and i like how ppl give an opinion a -1

Dead Generations

Dead Generations
  • 1,076 posts

dude, i don't get any injury's so why do i need medical supplies? i only do streets, gunstore etc. i only got 2 minor injury's in the back, but compare that to all the manual missions i did in the time since the update came, or i'm doing something good, or they are doing something bad.

and this topic was started by me cus i wanted to share my opinion and i like how ppl give an opinion a -1

If I'm not mistaken, you consider people's opinions as crying.

"i am only complaining about all the player who cry. . ."

chrisjczar

chrisjczar
  • 4 posts

This game is in no way realistic (not even counting the zombies). So don't use that as an excuse. 

The extreme rarity of high lvl medical items has rendered this game unenjoyable to me (lvl 29). I've raided over 10 hospitals/residences trying to find medical items and I still can't find any. Since I'm recovering from my compound being raided, I'm left with 3 un-injured characters. And since I've already dropped $400 into this game they're not getting another dime. 

Use fuel to heal people? Yeah. Let's keep the realism going. 

FlyingNinjaBoar

FlyingNinjaBoar
  • 395 posts

The extreme rarity of high lvl medical items has rendered this game unenjoyable to me (lvl 29). I've raided over 10 hospitals/residences trying to find medical items and I still can't find any. 

ur really unlucky then, i found enough. but maybe it is just a change and i was lucky or something

ydihtty

ydihtty
  • 4 posts

The best thing I find in a hospital (im lvl 16) is usually a light brace or something. The only medical item I have a lot of is grade 3 gauzes because I find heaps of first aid kits and recycle them.

On a mission, usually the case is the first hit from a dog or runner is an injury. Maybe I get lucky but the most they usually need for a minor injury is grade 1-2, maybe 3. Still, i think its a bit of a waste of cloth now. Since the update, I have found 1 grade 4 bandage and gauze. Idk if thats lucky or not.

In conclusion, I think that the chance of a minor injury should be decreased. Because those injuries render the vest useless. The vests should decrease chance of a minor injury or something.

samuraimichael

samuraimichael
  • 1 posts

I love this game truly and honestly. The only problem I'm having is finding the right gear level. some of my men are severely injured with wounds and I'm a level 18. I've scoured all the hospitals and residences that are available to me and only twice have i found gauze that works for the level of injury. I can understand why it'd be hardish to find but this is a little crazy since i've been sending my men on so many missions already. but aside from that i like the concept

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: injury system, opinion