Photo

Game Suggestions And Ideas Batch

ideas

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Max1144

Max1144
  • 416 posts
Over the time I spent in DZ I noticed a few little things that could be changed/introduced to make gameplay easier/nicer. Decided to make one list instead of spamming with many posts.

GENERAL:

1/ Speed up button below 5 min
It would be nice if we didn't have to click twice to make a speed up. If Your mission/building or other activity is below 5 min the button changes from green to grey and You can speed it up with just one click ( without opening bench/dmu window). One click less for each speed up.

2/ Zombie attacks on compound - disable
At lvl50 zombie attacks are not fun any more. I mean - You can defeat them with one survivor if You have decent enough gun/gear. They mostly become problem interfering with normal game activities like: trading ( wait zed attack) , looting ( less time on looter) and crafting.
Most defences are built for pvp not pve and ppl don't even bother requipping. If I have a few home, I usually let them get killed as I don't care about XP anyways and it is just faster this way.
I suggest that once You reach lvl50 You can skip zombie attacks ( just add a button "Skip zombie attack" ). If for some reason that can't be done, then maybe add:

3/ Zombie attacks on compound - speed up button
Basicly send all zeds at once- no need to look at timer and wait. They all come out and either You win or loose. In either case it's just faster.

4/ Crafting multiple active gear
I would like to do some testing with improvised explosives and other crafted active gear. Problem is - You can craft only one at a time, which takes a lot of time and clicking. 5- at once and 10-at once craft options for those would be nice add.

5/ Being able to turn off the singal animation when unhooking the chat window
When chat is off You can turn off the green signal animation, but ut when chat is unhooked, You can't turn it off. Pretty sure there was an option to do it some time ago.

6/ Canceling a timed book from slot
Example 1 - warzone logistics that lasts 3 days, but boxes You wanted stopped dropping and so it became useless
Example 2 - anatomy 101 - last 7 days - equiping that and having slot locked for the whole week is more of a punishment then a bonus

7/ Change the display order in recycler for new items - weap/gear/ books/boxes/active gear / rest
Currently  there are guns / gear first , then a few pages of components/junk and at the end there are books/boxes. It would be easier to have them all together starting from page one. Another way to solve this would be not to show components/junks as newly looted in recycler view ( everyone has tons of them anyways and looting matches number 9000 is really no big news).

8/ Adding option for static enviorement
No  fuel gen fumes, windmill not moving, and static loading screen for missions- all this could improve performance on slower machines.

9/ After upgrading building there is no way to check how much cover it provides
We know by defauly that barcides give green/best cover and towers give yellow/medium cover, but what about the rest of buildings?
The cover that building gives can be checked in the build menu - but that is only for first level. It would be nice if coverage was added on building info panel.

10/ Allowing players to change their in game nicks - once per account
I know that it would have to be done manually - but it could solve problems for players that share same nick or just made poor choice when making account. Just make a restriction - once per account.

11/ Adding new way of sorting
Often times I look for specific weapon which is lvl 50 and most of my stuff is 50. Would be nice to be able to sort them by type - all 107s, all m60s, all 416s etc.

12/ Adding ammo to war boxes
Ammo would be a nice add on to the personal reward boxes, they are meant as raid reward and ammo is something that You usually lack when doing lots of raids. For example lvl1- 400, lvl2-600, lvl3-900 ammo per war box.

13/ Making dmu purchase / clothing set purchase as redeem codes
Some people want to purchase dmu/event clothing bundles as so they became in-game currency. Problem is- there is no other way that another person can get You stuff other then giving Your account details, which is highly risky and ofc against ToS being reason enough for permanent account ban.
That is why I suggest introducing dmu-redeem codes and event clothing set redeem codes. This way people could get dmu in a legit way for their in-game items.
Another way to do it is adding dmu tradeable boxes that would be purchasable from store and also clothing set boxes ( these would become untradeable after the offer for bundle expires).

MISSION:

1/ Marking the location in some way after all containers were scavenged
When You are in mission You have to watch for the "scavenger" mission achievemnt to apear to make sure that eveything was looted. Problem is that when there is a lot going on zed-wise You might miss it and You won't know for sure that all containers were emptied. I suggest a small marker added near the survivor portraits ( once it appears You know that everything was looted clean in current location).

2/ Making zombie spawn points more random
As is the zombies spawn in 2 locations that are currently closest to the survivors. This is sooo predictible - would be nice if some randomess was introduced.

3/ Loading mission map centered on player lvl location/highest location avaible at the moment.
Currently map loads centered on the compound. I really don't loot any locations in that region ( lvl 1- 10)  I just start form highest and go down. Would be nice if the game loaded those locations centered. For example the map loads centered on locations that are close to leader lvl.

4/ Adding recycler and inventory button on the map
When sending autos, we have to go back to our compound only to recycle the extra junk that we just looted. Being able to acces recycler and inventory from map would just mean less clicking for dmu players as they wouldn't have to go back and forth between map/compound.

5/ Making infected bounties more player friendly
Instead of having one zombie type per task - make it 2 types per task, example:
- Find herc or scientists
- Find riot or police
This could save frustration of many ppl having killed 30/5 riot 40/10 scientists but are still looking for that last 5th police that they need.

RAID:

1/ Green " Figther1 has been healed" showing over the attackers portraits
Every time a survivor is healed there is a green information about it over surviovor portraits- problem is - it covers all the current information about surviovors. In some cases that informaion is very usefull (when taking heavy fire mostly).

2/ Making the inside of compound a bit larger
Main reason for the pillow forts being used so rarelly is that they are easy to smoke - no matter where You put flag it's always close to some door. If the compound was made a bit bigger ( with more space inside) then the pillow forts would be easier to defend.

3/ Being able to seal one door if the defence is inside
If a player has 5 or more defenders placed inside then he is able to seal one compound door. This way the compound would have only 2 entry points and would easier to defend ( larger distance to smoke flag from door).

4/ Increase shotgun dps against baricades/towers
I know that Con is looking for a way to bring more guns into the raiders usuall arsenal, so how about we just give shotties extra damage against defensive buildings? We can only take limited amount of grenades, so having 1 gun that allows to take down structures fast could be handy and allow to pack more smokes and less m67s. ( for example I would use it when raiding OSW from inside)

5/ Marking each baricade look in a unique way
Often times when talking about raid strategies ppl are confused when it comes to spawn location placement. It could be easily solved if each of them had a unique item near it - diferent color cars or trash bins or whatever that allows us to indetify them.

6/ Terminate current action (T hotkey)
Basicly adding a new hotkey to the game that allows player to terminate current action - for example - shooting ( stops and takes cover ) , running ( stops in place) , throwing nades ( cancel throwing) and others. It would allow players to have more control over their survivors and avoid mistakes related with misclicks.

7/ Adding 3 second countdown after raid map is loaded and before raid starts
This way the game would have 3 extra seconds to load all the missing guns/gear and players could prepair for their first move. This would especially help players with lower net speed.

If I duplicated someones idea, then I am sorry - it is hard to check if they were posted before.

Noob

Noob
  • 144 posts

Great post, and much appreciated for taking the time out to do so. I strongly agree with the following points:

- Canceling a timed book from a slot; this would effectively destroy the book

- Terminating the current action (T hotkey)

- Instead of the raid immediately starting, a nice countdown queue is good after all the objects are preloaded and ready to execute (except the survivors); many times the game lags for me right when it loads a raid and I lose a good chunk of time between 7-20 seconds

- Redeem codes for purchases like the DMU; obvious and great idea

- Checking how much cover an already constructed building gives

- Marking scavenged containers with a red 'X' just like already disarmed traps in PvP

I disagree with the following:

- Making inside of compound larger/sealing off one door; that's too big a change for devs and players in terms of value; priorities should be focused on the most simple things that yield the most value;

- Crafting multiple active gear; this is intended to be a time sink, and although it is more convenient, it's too easy; this is just like recycling a bunch of items at once, that's why there's a recycler. If this were to be implemented, there would need to be a machine that auto-crafts just like the recycler, which would make the crafting much longer, or adding in an extra fuel payment to craft 'X' number of items simultaneously and instantaneously;

Overall, agree with most everything else, but some are a bit trivial and may not be worth the devteam's time such as randomizing zombie points. Although they are good ideas no doubt. Little things like this are great for when the game is further developed though, but right now I think devs are more concerned with PvP matters and major game content additions.

Hopefully they make a long list of these tiny bugs/improvements and just devote one large chunk of time towards fixing each and every one of them in one large update, but if they did that now I think they would be backlogged on their work.

Infected attacks on compounds need some changes, but it would be a fair amount of reprogramming and it's probably not a big priority to the devteam

Solid post

+1

Edited by Noob, 07 January 2015 - 04:30 PM.

Pro_Tyle

Pro_Tyle
  • 149 posts

That little green wavy thing before you connect to chat can be turned off when you click on it lol

Anyways I agree with most things here

Ngati Porou

Ngati Porou
  • 79 posts

Nice work mate a lot of good ideas.

Max1144

Max1144
  • 416 posts

Great post, and much appreciated for taking the time out to do so. I strongly agree with the following points:

- Making inside of compound larger/sealing off one door; that's too big a change for devs and players in terms of value; priorities should be focused on the most simple things that yield the most value;

Yeah, making larger compound is a bigger change, but maybe it is time to consider it as we are getting LRs with more and more range ;)

As for sealing one door- I think it is a small change ( but it is just my guess work) that could possible result in more variety of defence types used.

- Crafting multiple active gear; this is intended to be a time sink, and although it is more convenient, it's too easy; this is just like recycling a bunch of items at once, that's why there's a recycler. If this were to be implemented, there would need to be a machine that auto-crafts just like the recycler, which would make the crafting much longer, or adding in an extra fuel payment to craft 'X' number of items simultaneously and instantaneously;

I usually consume around 10 active gear per raid ( on average), so I can use 100x nades or smokes real quick when raiding... on the other hand crafting such items 1 by 1 is just plain boring and dull: click to craft, wait for the progress bar, click ok, wash, rinse repeat.... 100 active gear = 200 clicks..

That little green wavy thing before you connect to chat can be turned off when you click on it lol

Anyways I agree with most things here

It can;t be turned off if You undock the chat. Try it ;)

Noob

Noob
  • 144 posts

Yeah, making larger compound is a bigger change, but maybe it is time to consider it as we are getting LRs with more and more range  ;)

As for sealing one door- I think it is a small change ( but it is just my guess work) that could possible result in more variety of defence types used.

Possible 'sealing one door' implications:

- May buff a one-side wonder on the side of the compound where that door is sealed.

- In a pillow fort, promotes concentrating traps elsewhere, since no traps are needed on the sealed door side

- This may add an overall significant buff to the pillow fort

- Dev time could be better spent doing more safe things that won't generate too much controversy from the player-base

- Devs have much more important content to worry about; this isn't something that is needed

Increasing compound size would affect the amount of security buildings needed, amount of grenades needed for raids, the range on rifles, the time needed for survivors to cover the compound (thereby affecting the raid timer), and then new street cover in proper places would need to be added. All of these things and probably many more I can't even think of would be imbalanced and require far too much effort for something as trivial as this.

I usually consume around 10 active gear per raid ( on average), so I can use 100x nades or smokes real quick when raiding... on the other hand crafting such items 1 by 1 is just plain boring and dull: click to craft, wait for the progress bar, click ok, wash, rinse repeat.... 100 active gear = 200 clicks..

Multiple crafting creates the exploit of the timed crafting discounts/bonuses. Anyone could easily craft thousands of items within a small time frame if it was possible to do in bulk. One by one keeps the balance of the timed fuel discount books.

Yeah, making larger compound is a bigger change, but maybe it is time to consider it as we are getting LRs with more and more range  ;)

I wasn't aware that we're getting LRs with more and more range. Would you mind posting a quote which supports this?

Edited by Noob, 09 January 2015 - 05:46 PM.

Max1144

Max1144
  • 416 posts

Possible 'sealing one door' implications:

- May buff a one-side wonder on the side of the compound where that door is sealed.

- In a pillow fort, promotes concentrating traps elsewhere, since no traps are needed on the sealed door side

- This may add an overall significant buff to the pillow fort

- Dev time could be better spent doing more safe things that won't generate too much controversy from the player-base

- Devs have much more important content to worry about; this isn't something that is needed

- I made a restriction that 5 defenders have to be inside before You can seal the door, it will be hard to setup good OSW with only 5 men outside.

- Yes, it does add a buff to pillow fort and that was my main idea. Currently pillow forts are very rarely seen in high level defences as they are just easy to beat.

- I have no idea how much time will this take in implemention, just tossing ideas around to see if devs/ other players like them and consider worth introducing.

Multiple crafting creates the exploit of the timed crafting discounts/bonuses. Anyone could easily craft thousands of items within a small time frame if it was possible to do in bulk. One by one keeps the balance of the timed fuel discount books.

Well, I just think a little change is need, as is - I don;t use crafted active gear at all- just too much time and clicking to make items that would be consumed real quick. Crafted active gear isn;t all that great anyways - lootable smokes and nades are just better- so that is some kind of bottle neck right there.

I wasn't aware that we're getting LRs with more and more range. Would you mind posting a quote which supports this?

I meant in general game-time-wise. SS -> FAL -> SVD -> PSG -> 417 -> 107 over months the game was developing and new ones were added, at the same time compound size wasn't changed at all, so maybe it is time to revisit that.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ideas