Brookvale South Military Base Missing

Brookvale South Military Base missing clear the south objective

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

RowdyRhodes

RowdyRhodes
  • 61 posts

Hi all

In Brookvale South the Military Base is missing. I went to finish off the objective "Clear The South" and the base is gone.

Any ideas on when it'll be returned? I think a park replaced it.

Thanks,

Rowdy Rhodes

Recon_guy

Recon_guy
  • 386 posts
It's there. It's the big white structure toward the left side at the very bottom of the neighborhood.

RowdyRhodes

RowdyRhodes
  • 61 posts

Thanks for replying RG,

Nope... not on my screen.

Anyone else have this problem?

Or anyone else seeing the military base?

Any input would be appreciated.

Rowdy

crazyeightyfive

crazyeightyfive
  • 266 posts

I'm honestly not sure that there was a Military Base there - I'm looking at Brookvale South now and there's no Base here.

Now the 'Clear the South' Task asks for Military kills, but it doesn't ask you to get them from a Military Base - any Military Infected kills you get in this zone should count towards the Task.

RowdyRhodes

RowdyRhodes
  • 61 posts

Nope. Thanks for verifying that there isn't a base there C85.

Clear The South's description is "Let's make one final push to really rid Brookdale South of infected. Drive them out of town!"

I have 3,658 kills and need 5,000. That base used to be there. I tried your suggestion and went to Brookvale Banks Military base and killed a few hundred, however my count remains the same. It's a good idea and you could still be right that other bases now link to this erroneous "Clear The South" Objective, or it'll be an objective that never gets completed until CAG puts back the base. I'm sure the base was located where now there's a park. Bottom left corner. Maybe a mistake on their design side.

CAG if you're reading this please put back that base so "Clear The South" makes sense.

Thanks again for your input C85, it's much appreciated.

I'll try other bases and watch my count. If I find any links I'll post them here to let others know how to complete that objective.

Bye for now,

Rowdy

Tom

Tom
  • 400 posts

crazyeightyfive is onto it, the stats we're looking for there are:

Kills of military infected, which can spawn at any location, (house, street, hospital etc) so the lack of a military base doesn't affect it,
and total kills of any infected.

Both of which are tracked in Brookvale South.

Military infected are quite rare so its possible you just haven't ran into any yet.

RowdyRhodes

RowdyRhodes
  • 61 posts

OK, thanks DT. Good to know.

The description on the "Clear The South" objective you might want to change since it's referring specifically to Brookvale South. It's confusing.

Take care and keep up the great work.

Rowdy Rhodes

Cherry

Cherry
  • 792 posts

First of all ... there was't and there isn't a military base in Brookvale South.

Second ... like many other tasks you have to track them to see which area they are referring to.

Just track "Clear The South" and you'll see that you have to do it in Brookvale South :)

/edit: friggin typos :)

Edited by Cherry, 23 January 2015 - 08:12 PM.

RowdyRhodes

RowdyRhodes
  • 61 posts

YES! Cherry you are corrrect. Looking closer at the objective's description it does not say to make the kills at a Military Base.

So I took your advice and went in to Brookvale South and shot the place up. Finished my objective and now moving on.

I want to thank you very much for pointing this out.

Sometimes the answer is right in front of a person but they can't see the forest because of a tree.

{smile}

Take care and have fun,

Rowdy

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Brookvale South Military Base, missing, clear the south, objective