Tradable Dmu

Tradable DMUDMU New Players F2P P2P PayToWin P2W

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Noob

Noob
  • 144 posts

POPULAR

With the imminent introduction of tradable fuel caches, which will probably only be purchasable with real money, it is time to add in a tradable DMU as well. If fuel caches will be traded, why not a DMU cache?

The idea:

Simply, a new item called the 'DMU cache' would be purchasable for $30. This box would be freely tradable. If a player opens the box, they receive the DMU. The DMU cannot be put back into a box, and the DMU itself cannot ever be traded. Only the box would be tradable.

Benefits:

- Allows players to purchase the DMU for others, especially those without Paypal/Credit Card, or those in a country where $30 USD is actually one month's rent/mortgage payment

- Gives F2P players something to work towards

- Slightly levels the playing field; adds in a slight extra number of DMUs, but only for the most devoted F2Pers; slightly reduces the monopoly of uniques being held by daily DMU farmers

- Induces participation from all players, not just catering to the 'wealthy elite', since free players also have the potential to earn this item

- Helps increase alliance participation without worrying about undefended compounds

- Limits new players' impression of the game having a 'pay-to-win' structure, which keeps them in the game longer by keeping them motivated, perhaps long enough to spend money and add to the well-being of the playerbase

- Allows real money spenders to support the game and purchase this item for trade equity

- Allows free players to purchase this item from real-money spenders, thereby benefiting all parties

- Decreases in direct fuel pack sales will be directly proportional to the number of tradable DMUs purchased

- Con loses no money as these can only enter the game via real-money purchase; it may yield a better long-term outcome

- This isn't a gimmie, it would be very difficult and time-consuming to obtain, depending on its trade valuation, which I imagine could be very high, which takes virtually nothing away from current DMU users

- Acts as an extra item used for trade, thereby stimulating the economy

Con's statements:

Con has stated in his 'ask Con anything' section that the option of a DMU equivalent without real money is open.

Con has also stated:

We have quite a few of our top raiders who have never spent a cent. It's just time investment, if you don't have time, you invest money. That's just how it works.

This isn't a casual game or one that is heavily skill based, so expect to make a sacrifice in either one of those areas to be able to compete at the top level.

This quote further reinforces the idea of time investment. If a free player wishes to commit to the game and gather whatever is needed to get that tradable DMU, they aren't forced to pay money to compete.

Please post and/or upvote/downvote to show your voice/support/lack of support/criticism as it may help Con implement something similar to this, and he'd have a better understanding of what people like based on player feedback.

Thoughts, ideas, and criticism are always welcome. If anything is unclear, please say so.

Edited by Noob, 22 January 2015 - 10:46 PM.

Max1144

Max1144
  • 416 posts

http://forum.conarti...nd-ideas-batch/

agreed ;)

"

13/ Making dmu purchase / clothing set purchase as redeem codes
Some people want to purchase dmu/event clothing bundles as so they became in-game currency. Problem is- there is no other way that another person can get You stuff other then giving Your account details, which is highly risky and ofc against ToS being reason enough for permanent account ban.
That is why I suggest introducing dmu-redeem codes and event clothing set redeem codes. This way people could get dmu in a legit way for their in-game items.
Another way to do it is adding dmu tradeable boxes that would be purchasable from store and also clothing set boxes ( these would become untradeable after the offer for bundle expires).

"

T_J

T_J
  • 481 posts
This is really not a bad idea. Though it should work like a box. Tradable till its open. Once its open, its yours. For instance. Say I have the goods to get the dmu but am looking to pass it down to an alliance mate I wouldn't be able to since it only has that one trade only issue.

Noob

Noob
  • 144 posts

This is really not a bad idea. Though it should work like a box. Tradable till its open. Once its open, its yours. For instance. Say I have the goods to get the dmu but am looking to pass it down to an alliance mate I wouldn't be able to since it only has that one trade only issue.

Of course! That's so obvious and simple. Box would be tradable until opened!

Much better, thank you!

Changed original post to this idea:

I don't see any drawbacks to this. In fact, if a tradable fuel cache will exist, then why not a tradable DMU cache? As long as both are only obtainable via real money.

http://forum.conarti...nd-ideas-batch/

agreed  ;)

"

13/ Making dmu purchase / clothing set purchase as redeem codes
Some people want to purchase dmu/event clothing bundles as so they became in-game currency. Problem is- there is no other way that another person can get You stuff other then giving Your account details, which is highly risky and ofc against ToS being reason enough for permanent account ban.
That is why I suggest introducing dmu-redeem codes and event clothing set redeem codes. This way people could get dmu in a legit way for their in-game items.
Another way to do it is adding dmu tradeable boxes that would be purchasable from store and also clothing set boxes ( these would become untradeable after the offer for bundle expires).

"

Yes, tradable boxes, not just DMU, but event clothing sets too! Indeed, this would kill 2 birds with one stone. No need for a redeem code. Thank you!

Edited by Noob, 22 January 2015 - 10:28 PM.

Noob

Noob
  • 144 posts

Edited by Noob, 22 January 2015 - 10:21 PM.

bob sagad

bob sagad
  • 271 posts

In fact Con i believe you should do this idea and you can even  make the price for this higher such as $35 

Hatchford

Hatchford
  • 920 posts

I Actually dig the idea of a tradable dmu cache... +1

bob sagad

bob sagad
  • 271 posts

So 13 upvotes not bad

SixDasher

SixDasher
  • 252 posts

Bob, wtf with raising the price? Not everyone get hundreds of keys by ripping people in trade, why make it even more expensive for people that want to buy it?

bob sagad

bob sagad
  • 271 posts

Six I mean raising the price for the tradeable one. The Regular will still be $30 

Buue

Buue
  • 657 posts
Not sure Con will put it in, in thr Roadmap 2015, he said

DMU as a tradable item is a tricky one, because of the fact that when you make that purchase, we make changes to your account as opposed to say crediting fuel. If we were to do it, we'd have to look at making the flow of that interaction work in a way that makes sense.

In other news, map update with next maintenance!

in case you guys don't know....

Predo

Predo
  • 53 posts

Not sure Con will put it in, in thr Roadmap 2015, he said

in case you guys don't know....

Well, they could make DMU a permanent buff that you can unlock via research table. One of the components required you to get the "DMU upgrade buff" would only be purchasable with real money (AND ingame trade).

Does this solve the problem any?

Also, if they wanted to, they could split the DMU upgrades in more smaller upgrades (and let the end upgrade be equal to what the DMU is now).

Maybe just so 1 items isn't worth 30$, they could make the requirement be 5 DMU components for the upgrade. This would also mean, that some who doesn't like to spend large amounts of money and has 4 DMU components can now buy just 1 component for a fraction of the whole DMU price... It could also make a few people mroe inclined to buy "the rest of their DMU".... Just a though...

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

Well, they could make DMU a permanent buff that you can unlock via research table. One of the components required you to get the "DMU upgrade buff" would only be purchasable with real money (AND ingame trade).

Does this solve the problem any?

Also, if they wanted to, they could split the DMU upgrades in more smaller upgrades (and let the end upgrade be equal to what the DMU is now).

Maybe just so 1 items isn't worth 30$, they could make the requirement be 5 DMU components for the upgrade. This would also mean, that some who doesn't like to spend large amounts of money and has 4 DMU components can now buy just 1 component for a fraction of the whole DMU price... It could also make a few people mroe inclined to buy "the rest of their DMU".... Just a though...

If someone doesn't want to pay for the DMU, they can use the "Union City Shortcuts" book that reduces return time by up to 50%. This can be either bought for fuel (which you can get for free) or traded for.

You are trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist

Predo

Predo
  • 53 posts

If someone doesn't want to pay for the DMU, they can use the "Union City Shortcuts" book that reduces return time by up to 50%. This can be either bought for fuel (which you can get for free) or traded for.

You are trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist

I think we can all agree that 50% UCS is not the same as a DMU, right?

And the only one saying there was a problem was the quote from Con. Saying that making it tradable could be tricky because the system they are using now, hence why I'm suggesting a few ideas that I though would be doable.

(less important stuff..)
Dead Zone is a free to play game as I see it. And you are able to buy "membership" (permanently) by buying a DMU. Now, it is my and a few other players opinion that making everything available (Tradable) might not be a bad idea.
The OP listed the reasons really nicely in the first post, but one of the major ones:

-Make everything more accessible and balanced with Con still getting the same (or probably even more money from it since people will buy them for their friends/alliance members.. etc)
-Give FTP players a goal and make them be interested in the game for longer.
*Why?* For as short as I have been playing, con was quite good at throwing out updates and such to make stuff interesting.. but as I grow in lvl, I see that the wait times for everything increase drastically.... In order to make you want to buy a DMU... (I don't blame them, since this is their only real money income besides premium keys).

I don't know how to make this sound less snobbish, so I'm sorry in advance, but the game needs an active player base to live. And I would think the majority of players are F2P.
I as a F2P for example, no matter how active in-game have no chance of being as good as somebody with a DMU. That is one more reason that makes me want to not even try and just stop playing... And, if every F2P thinks like this, the game starts to slowly die.

tl;dr
It would balance the gameplay and make it more interesting and available to free to play members of the community.

Examples of Games that I played that have a "tradable membership" system

-EVE online

-Runescape (You can buy a tradable "premium card" for 5€. One of the uses for it, is to redeem a 14 days of membership). I played that game for 4 months (≈120days) as a F2P member. That means I had to buy 8 "Premium cards" with ingame money. That means that game owner still made 40€ from me playing the game for FREE.

Do you understand what I'm trying to say? Me and so many other people will never pay 30€ for a DMU...
BUT, we do present a demand. And a large demand at that :D ... Imagine how much potential money Con could make, if only they creates a supply...

@LLiquid, do you think it would be a bad idea? Why?

Edited by Predo, 03 March 2016 - 07:59 PM.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,751 posts

Well i've suggested a few alternatives in the past. The DMU is obviously a pay to obtain feature as part of the developers economic model for the game which is fair enough. It is the ultimate luxury item for players who really love the game, enabling them to take the gaming experience to the next level. Again, fair enough. 

But yes there will be players who for whatever reason, be it their age, even economic status based on exchange rates, or whatever, won't be able to make that investment into their gaming experience. 

Ok, so how about a fuel based upgrade to the basic car. It might resemble a HERC humvee: 

Compound_zps004f92cd.jpg

It could simply replicate a 50% UCS book, but be an item in the inventory, and thus be tradable. Obvious advantage it would liberate that book slot. Given the advantages of an actual DMU I seriously couldn't see this denting into DMU purchases. The DMU is still a play as long as you like option. But it's a start, and still quite useful.

We could take this basic model, and take it a step further. Make the vehicle researchable. With each step of research reducing the return times using the vehicle, nothing dramatic, but still something worth researching for played missions. And I should probably restate that played missions; if you want to harvest the map, give the developer some money. They have rents to pay, fridges to fill, and bills to pay like the rest of us. But you would still have something, perhaps researchable, you could trade, or simply enjoy in gameplay just that bit more than the basic vehicle :)

Predo

Predo
  • 53 posts

@Harpago, I personally wouldn't have anything against fuel based upgrades, but I could actually see that bring a possible loss to the DMU purchases (Where the tradable DMU cards could possibly bring Con some more profit, but certainly not a loss).

I really erected a wall of text in the previous post, didn't I? Let me try to make it shorter.

-Leave the 30$ DMU as it is
-Create a DMU research (with 10 levels)
-Create DMU components, (that are tradable, but only originally obtainable from the ingame shop for 3-3,5$) and for every lvl you need to use up 1 (EDIT: OH.. or just make a special DMU research note... silly me^^)
-Each DMU research level would give you (for example) -10% return time (but there is a 5 minimum, so they don't return faster then the current DMU)

The only problem that I can see is the UCS book and how to balance everything just so you don't hit the same return time as the current DMU before you hit lvl 10.
If it presents too big of a problem you can still just make 1 DMU level that requires you to use 10 components.

I am no programmer.. So this looks like not much work (since they have the researches and shop set up already..) ..but I know how wrong I can be on this..

Anyway I would really like to hear from Con how doable the idea is. Maybe it and all its variants being doable is not even the problem. Maybe they just want to keep the DMU for their ultimate supporters... I don't know :s

My Chemical Zord

My Chemical Zord
  • 38 posts

I personally think this is the best idea I've seen in a while. Not only is it an amazing idea, but the OP has actually fleshed it out completely, and from here, CAG shouldn't have a hard time implementing it. I personally know quite a few people who are unable to fork over the payment for a DMU, and who would die for this idea to come to fruition. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tradable DMUDMU, New Players, F2P, P2P, PayToWin, P2W