Photo

Location Update

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Con

Con
  • 4,259 posts

maps.jpg

We've done a big update to the number of layouts on our locations that includes 34 new maps! We also added some small and large layouts of existing locations as well to include them at lower levels. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the full list of new variants (complete with in-house development names):

Park medium 1
Park medium 2
Park medium 3
Park Large 3
Police Large 1
Police Large 2
Police Large 3
Police Medium 3
Construction Small 1
Construction Small 2
Construction Small 3
Construction 3
Motel 3
Motel large 3
Highway Small 1
Highway Small 2
Highway Small 3
Highway 3
Subway Large 2
Subway 3
Subway large 3
Warehouse 3
Warehouse Small 3
Gun store 3
Store 3
Bridge 3
Prison 3
Military Base 3
Residential Large 3
Store 3
Depot 3
Hospital 3
Suburban Street 3
Security 3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Defensive AI Change
I've also made a slight tweak to the Defensive AI to adjust the target priority to make more sense. Guys shooting at that close target who isn't fighting back? Yeah, not any more. Threat from being fired on directly has been increased significantly.

NeroVirgil

NeroVirgil
  • 29 posts

Sweet , refreshing for the game and makes manual missions more interesting.

Edgar V

Edgar V
  • 122 posts

Second comment! NIce update btw! Im gonna play right away! :D

DeadFrog

DeadFrog
  • 127 posts

Hopefully the resource drops on the new maps are being monitored with relation to alliance task requirements

Deadzoner

Deadzoner
  • 75 posts

Hey Con, I think the total game time to explore and scavenge around the game map need to increase since the new game maps had a very large area to search and scavenge for loot and the zombie spawns spawn quite a lot of zombies. For example, the newest military base 3 game map has a very large game map to explore and scavenge for loot and the zombie spawns quite a lot of zombies and spawn very fast causing my some of my survivors couldn't make it to the green zone in time. I will write here if I encounter similar situations in other new game maps if u need more info.

Edited by Deadzoner, 02 February 2015 - 09:11 AM.

smjuhasz

smjuhasz
  • 13 posts

Nice update, thank you!

BUT

we still cannot play manuals on unidentified buildings, and new maps have a bit problem. If I play in HIGH detail (not ULTRA that is kill the game under 30 second), flash will crash after 2-3 missions.

browsers: IE11x64, Crome (x32 & x64), Mozilla Firefox 35.0.1, Opera 27.0

My machine is:

Lenovo T440p

CPU         i7-4710MQ 2.5GHZ (4 core, 8 thread, 3,5 GHZ max, core 8*100 MHZ)

Chipset    northbridge: Haswell rev.06

southbridge: QM87 rev. C1

Memory   DDR-3 16384 MB (PC3-12800 core 800 MHZ)

Video       NVIDIA GeForce 730M (2112 MB core clock 405,5 MHZ, memory clock 405,5MHZ)

Drive        Samsung MZ7TE256HMHP SSD

(have 2 more computers at home but this one holds longer)

I think this is not an "old" or a "scrap" machine. I'd like to play mauals, but i can't. If i do auto missions only (and only just RAID) , i can play more than 4 hrs.

any idea?

Thank you!

ps: Can i have offline installation package instead of FLASH? If you do that, i will pay for it gladly.

sorry for my poor english

Vampitch

Vampitch
  • 15 posts

This is great news! yay for new maps! Thank you guys :)

I will post again if I encounter any problems or have suggestions.

douevnliftm8

douevnliftm8
  • 57 posts

Awesome stuff Con, thanks! I like the new pic too, that artist is very good whoever they are

Edit; So i've just now noticed the third zombie in on the new loading pic has his jeans down to his knees haha brilliant.

Edited by douevnliftm8, 02 February 2015 - 07:40 PM.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,751 posts

The new layouts i've just been playing in are absolutely fantastic, quite hairy as well. 

Brilliant work Con + team

Noob

Noob
  • 144 posts

First off, very nice art. It was the first thing I said to myself when I opened this thread page.

My thoughts"

The bulk of the players do PvE, so focusing hard on PvE content is the right move. This is very good.

I thoroughly enjoy PvE myself in addition to PvP, and more variety makes me feel like a noob again, since I haven't memorized layouts, and finding all the containers in brand new maps is a new challenge.

Another smart move, you didn't add extra buildings on the map, but kept all the buildings the same and just added their random variants. DMU users don't get more buildings to farm uniques/resources, which was something that concerned me.

And finally

Defensive AI Change
I've also made a slight tweak to the Defensive AI to adjust the target priority to make more sense. Guys shooting at that close target who isn't fighting back? Yeah, not any more. Threat from being fired on directly has been increased significantly.

On a similar note: There's a tactic I use to penetrate the defense. I run out of cover and get just barely close enough to get in effective range of the one-side wonders. I can get the guy in and get some really good hits with little risk of getting hit, since the defenders are focused on my other survivors. Having a unique LR makes this much easier, since I know almost guaranteed that I outrange them.

If I stop firing (go into suppression) with this penetration guy who's running out of cover, then it seems it would make it even easier for me to just penetrate with my unique LR, since the A.I will stop focusing fire on him the moment he's suppressed.

Overall, it's a smart move for when the survivors are all behind cover, and some of the A.I blindly focuses bullets on the melee person who's immune under high cover.

This solves the tactic I used to use. Putting decoys (like my meleer) to trick the A.I into attacking him, while the rest of my survivors would be free to attack.

When I attack defenders, I get one tower suppressed, and then I switch to another tower. But then I switch back with a couple of my survivors to the already suppressed tower, so that he stays in suppression and can't fire back.

I'm not sure to what extent the A.I does this to my own attackers. But, I don't see anything tangible. The A.I only seems to fire back on the survivor only when they're being fired on by him. This is from my experience.

Anyways, I'll test out some raids.

Edited by Noob, 02 February 2015 - 11:23 AM.

Ivan

Ivan
  • 571 posts

Only tried a few new variants so far (police and military base).

Both are way more difficult. Managed to loot everything with 2 survivors but only because of good unis. Without them it wouldnt be possible and + i had no rushes..wonder if i d make it if there were some. The new police also seems to me is a new "unindetified building" with big lag spikes i think i wont be happy every time i see one.

These 2 i have seen so far are the ones people want to hit for weapons and gear and with the lack of maneouvering space in them most of the players will be forced to run missions with more than 2 or 3 survivors which is basically a nerf done to manuals and i dont like it.

We ve had tight spaces before in police and gun store and such but there were enough "safe spots" related to spawn points that you could play them with minimum survivor count.

This + lag at police worries me a lot :(

Design and creativity in those variants is beautiful if i wanna look at it from the positive side. Also to early to know container quality but the police one seems to be pretty nice.

EDIT: 3 out of 4 flash crash when loading back into compound after new large high lvl police station played. 1 time it just dropped out of full screen but didnt crash. its obviously some new glitch...guess we have to wait and see hw many people experience it (and decide to voice).

Edited by Ivan, 02 February 2015 - 03:44 PM.

Ghost Recon

Ghost Recon
  • 577 posts

I love the new update.

DJfriede

DJfriede
  • 888 posts

I like the new maps. They seem to work nicely.

Only thing I noticed (like Ivan) is that I get a flash crash after most maps when it's trying to load my compound.

Ghost Recon

Ghost Recon
  • 577 posts

the new loading screen is pretty cool :D

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,751 posts

I've been at the new maps for a few hours now and they are superb. Just when I was thinking 'oh no, they're all going to be labyrinths and claustrophobic in style,' (which themselves aren't a bad thing btw, the new cop shop, and subways are seriously fun, and bang out of zombie film), along came a few which were wide open spaces. The new large residence (a retirement home?) and Highway still kept me on my toes. Nice constant spawn rate of zeds btw. My accounts have obviously got some pretty mean weapons to take out the zeds, but I felt compelled to keep my guys moving given there's much more ground to cover. Ah yes, more ground to cover.. that new Military base is huge! I only realised there was more to it when I got my guys back to the green zone and was scratching my head wondering where the missing containers were. The motels are fantastic as well. So a grand job you guys did there.

My advice to people: use your map rotation to find things to scavenge, it's quicker than using your cursor to trace over the entire map. They are large, and you shouldn't really have time to be doing that, the zeds spawn like crazy.

Flash issues, well i've not had a crash yet, though i've been trying out the new locations clearing up bounties, so been switching through accounts. And to be honest i'm on 'ultra,' with Photoshop CS6 open at the same time. 

Banzay23ru

Banzay23ru
  • 21 posts

nothing special happend....  sad news

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 703 posts

I noticed some buildings on the map overlap other parts of the map. Other than that gg. 

bob sagad

bob sagad
  • 271 posts

okay this ai thing is a bit of a challenge coz i always leave my melee guy more close up and in medium cover while they wreck everybody but it looks okay

Con

Con
  • 4,259 posts

What sort of crashes are you guys getting? Any messages or descriptions would be really handy.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,179 posts

First impressions of the new large police station is kinda meh.

Maybe it's only because it's so large in comparison to the older smaller ones, but it feels like I'm getting less good loot (by good loot I mean weapons/gear) for four times the effort.