Photo

Water Drop Rate Issues

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

hershelwise

hershelwise
  • 300 posts

I'm noticing some issues on scavenging enough water to finish the war tasks. Scavenging enough water to finish them seems to be a real hard task, much harder than for example food since supermarkets seem to drop twice as much food than water. I've been doing two man autos in markets, streets/subways/highways/parks but water doesn't seem to drop nearly as much as needed (around 50 from markets per run and less from others)

Just asking if there are some other places to go for water besides markets and sometimes streets/subways/highways because those don't give me enough at the moment.

Thanks in advance.

Buue

Buue
  • 657 posts
Not sure if intended, but water is supposed to be hard to find right? Never have been able to find a large amount on missions, but okay amount for me not to complain.

Lefty_Grimes

Lefty_Grimes
  • 290 posts

Water drops are a little low. Food drops twice as much as water. Not sure if it was intended this way or not.

Matt Baker UK

Matt Baker UK
  • 173 posts

Lol..

I had a grumble about this a year or so ago,

water drops got nerfed some time back and the drop rates are even lower if water is required for an alliance task,

I'm sure it's not my rose tinted spectacles that make me think there was a time that water dropped at approximately the same rate as food,

a real cynic might even think the water drop rate picked up a little once you've completed the task,

water is the worst task to do and you have to give it your full attention from day 1,

it really shows up inactive members or ones that aren't making any effort to contribute,

with a dmu it is possible to gather more water than you consume and donate the excess but for non dmu users (my alt only has a 50% shortcut book) even keeping up with consumption during a water task round is hard going,

I have, in the past, resorted to buying water in trade and have seen more people doing it lately,

the water drop rates do seem almost punitive towards non dmu players, idk if there is a way of tweaking them for non dmu players to level the playing field a little,

hershelwise

hershelwise
  • 300 posts

Nice to know I'm not the only one experiencing this. Any tips on how to finish the pesky alliance water task? Or just hit markets til' I drop?

Vking

Vking
  • 103 posts

Your not the only one, however, with the DMU I can successfully complete the water-task within the first two days. Do note that I have a one-man alliance.

Basically, the more alliance members you have, the more you have to donate as a whole group.

The only advice I can give you, is that supermarkets yield the most water/food, followed by hardware stores or gun areas.

hershelwise

hershelwise
  • 300 posts

I have a one man alliance and no DMU and the water task (along with ammo) seem un-doable without some serious commitment. Maybe when I level up more, I'll get more water out of markets. Just have to wait and see.

The only advice I can give you, is that supermarkets yield the most water/food, followed by hardware stores or gun areas.

I haven't seen that much water from hardware stores... I thought that offices might be good, haven't tried though. Not interested in recycling the piles of junk from office missions :)

Hatchford

Hatchford
  • 920 posts

Large offices can be a profitable area... but they are rather hit or miss. that was before the location updates anyway... im not sure if its the same still.

annallia

annallia
  • 121 posts

It's all about the subways... 

Seriously, when I do manuals and we have the water task (I usually just auto it all except bounties) I always hit up the large subways and come away with tons of water.

Vking

Vking
  • 103 posts

Maybe when I level up more, I'll get more water out of markets. Just have to wait and see.

Actually I did forget about one thing, as you level up the more areas you unlock, hence more supermarkets to auto :P

And yes, without the DMU it's practically impossible, if you manage to recruit DMU contributers then you've hit gold :)

Lefty_Grimes

Lefty_Grimes
  • 290 posts

Could the drop rate issues with water vs. food be because there are more food items than water items? Let's assess the number of Water items vs. food items and their values.

Water

Water Bottle - +1 Water

Water Canteen - +2 Water

Water Four Pack - +2 Water

Water Pack - +3 Water

Water Container - +6 Water

Water Cooler Bottle - +10 Water

Food

Bag of Peanuts - +1 Food

Canned Tomatoes - +1 Food

Canned Fruit - +1 Food

Instant Noodles - +1 Food

Canned Tuna - +1 Food

Jar of Pickles + 1 Food

Sardines - +1 Food

Beef Soup - +2 Food

Canned Corn - +2 Food

Canned Beans - +2 Food

Can'o'Ham - +2 Food

Chicken Soup - +2 Food

MRE - +2 Food

Vegetable Soup - +2 Food

Mystery Cans - +5 Food

Small Bag of Food - +5 Food

Bag of Food - +7 Food

Small Box of Food - +7 Food

Box of Food - +8 Food

Large Bag of Food - +10 Food

Large Box of Food - +12 Food

There are 22 unique Food items and only 6 unique water items. Could the skewed drop rates be affected by this? Is there a scenario in which a container, say a shelf in a Grocery Store, has a chance of dropping 3 items of the combined potential 28 food and water items? If that is the case, certainly you have a better chance at rolling more food items than water.

There are some containers that only drop water though, but the value of water items are troubling. If a Water Bottle is worth +1 Water, shouldn't a Water 4 Pack be worth 4 water, instead of just 2? If that were the case, than a Water Pack should be worth 12 water, since there are 12 bottles pictured in the icon image. There are also 7 food items that give 5 or more food, but only two water items that offer as much. So there are way more opportunities to "strike it rich" from one container in the food department.

I understand that this is just a video game, and the value of these resources shouldn't be taken as their real-world counterparts, but since water drops are entirely too low, wouldn't it be worth looking into re-balancing the value of Water items?

Edited by Lefty_Grimes, 16 April 2015 - 12:54 PM.

mammoth

mammoth
  • 15 posts

the Only way to finish the water task. is to raid compound and loot water. :)

Buue

Buue
  • 657 posts

I thought you don't get any added to the task through raids. Also with autos, producers, and the store if you buy it.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,179 posts

Patently false.

As member of a non-raiding alliance on Kong (where there is no DMU) I can say that we have never failed a single task since Round 3 or so (i.e. when individual donations became visible).

Personally I have never gone more than 3-4 days to complete my share of the water task.

it's totally doable without raiding.

treemaster

treemaster
  • 121 posts

My way to complete the water task is to raid people from non alliances . I usually get 630 a raid if the person is active

As an added bonus, the water containers are often unprotected so bringing one or two people a raid is very doable.  

(I am not really active during the weekdays so I have to do it fast)

Edited by treemaster, 21 March 2015 - 06:02 PM.

Hatchford

Hatchford
  • 920 posts

well.. trees do need water to grow... :P

hershelwise

hershelwise
  • 300 posts

Could the drop rate issues with water vs. food be because there are more food items than water items? Let's assess the number of Water items vs. food items and their values.

This is a real good point Lefty :)

Since my first post I've decided to buy the DMU at last and still it seems the water task is a hassle. But atleast now it isn't impossible.

Thanks to all for the feedback.

Ragnarsson

Ragnarsson
  • 28 posts

Well I dont know about you but when I loot I use shiny. 17%+ and I have never any problem with that Large supermarket gave me around 150 water.

Salacious

Salacious
  • 68 posts

The war tasks are balanced not around peaceful scavenging, they're balanced around WAR... hence the name, WAR Tasks.

On an average raid I collect 200-500 water.

Alliance war tasks were not designed so one player with dmu could finish all tasks without raiding.  I think the water task is perfectly fine as it is.  Donating Ammunition is the hard one.  Each player can only carry 900 ammo, you never know when exactly you'll find a lot.  Most people don't donate down to zero ammo, they keep some to run missions or raid.  You can go on a war raid and use more ammo than you collect.  Even with 50% ammo conservation I often collect a flag and end up with less ammo than I started with.  At the same time that your alliance has to donate 27,000 water, you will have to donate 90,000 ammo.  A lot of ammo you do find evaporates because you can only carry 900 max.

Ammo task is much harder, recruit a couple raiders for easy water donation.

Buue

Buue
  • 657 posts

Donating Ammunition is the hard one. Each player can only carry 900 ammo, you never know when exactly you'll find a lot. Most people don't donate down to zero ammo, they keep some to run missions or raid. You can go on a war raid and use more ammo than you collect. Even with 50% ammo conservation I often collect a flag and end up with less ammo than I started with. At the same time that your alliance has to donate 27,000 water, you will have to donate 90,000 ammo. A lot of ammo you do find evaporates because you can only carry 900 max.

Ammo task is much harder, recruit a couple raiders for easy water donation.

Haha, at least I am not the only one who finds this difficult, I made this task the least priority in my alliance, but two guys left just because they were the only ones donating ammunition when I said is it not worth trying and cam be used for gathering war points...