Photo

What Skills Should You Invest In For Your Leader Class?

Leader Skills Classes

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Cameron_R_Craig

Cameron_R_Craig
  • 223 posts

Im thinking of "Retraining" My compounds leader, but Im having trouble deciding how I want to distribute skill points.  So what do you think?

Do you think its better to have them be an all-out fighter, recon, engineer, medic, or scavenger?

Example: A leader with all his/her skill points invested into being a Fighter class.

Or do you think it's better to have points equally distributed to where your leader is like a hybrid between certain classes?

Example: A leader who is like a mix between a Fighter and a Recon.

Any feedback and or suggestions are welcome.

- CRC

hershelwise

hershelwise
  • 300 posts

I have a leader with stats on fighting, recon and medic on 2:1:1 ratio (2 on fighting in this case). That way my leader is good at fighting, is fast, can detect traps better and is a passable healer (even better with a good med vest). I did this with raiding in mind, wanted a good all-round raider. Your mileage may vary :)

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,180 posts

Should at a minimum spend 2:1 on points toward fighting.

As a PvE player I have 2/3 fighter, 1/3 medic and scav and I have no regrets.

Your mileage may vary depending up on how you play.

douevnliftm8

douevnliftm8
  • 57 posts

If theres anything games have taught me, its that stat spreading is almost always a bad idea. I've put every point into fighting, except a single point that went into recon. As he is, he's an excellent fighter, and doesnt slow down more than anyone else when carrying a heavy weapon, i'd recommend it but its your call

Vking

Vking
  • 103 posts

All on fighting. This gives your leader the highest ranged combat over any of your survivors.

Personally I wouldn't need a hybrid.

70/70 uni vest's are sometimes better than a few points invested in engineer. Medic's with a +70% heal vest are far more superior than several points invested in the leader. And for points in recon - well, I don't know anyone who wouldn't bring an actual recon in a raid. Lastly, putting a few points in scavenging would be pointless, as I only aim to scavenge flags and ammo storage's in raids.

Hatchford

Hatchford
  • 920 posts

whether you do PvE or PvP ... full fighter is the answer...

Revenant

Revenant
  • 437 posts

I have been comparing the leader effectiveness against other survivors and the truth is he ain't gonna be as good as any other class because he's a damn jack-of-all-trades sort guy. Following this ideology you should never pick only one class.

if you make him a full fighter he will end up being a poor fighter if you compare him with another fighter of the same level. he will be stuck with lower HP and will have less skill in the fighter's weapon (means less accuracy and dmg).

if you make him a full scavenger he will have more HP, similar scavenging skill but won't benefit from the scavenger unique ability to find more items.

if he's to be a full engineer, and please don't ... Never ... do that. he's gonna have similar HP similar trap disarming skill but wound't count as engineer to craft items.

If you make him full Medic he will have more HP and similar healing skills, but that's just it.

A full Recon *might* work, because the leader would have some bright sides such as increased HP (whats a real problem for the recon). Similar speed, similar trap detection skills. but the recon would still be slightly better when using recon weapons.

My Leader distributed his points between fighting and recon.

Edited by Revenant, 06 March 2015 - 11:44 PM.

q4norm

q4norm
  • 22 posts

+1 to fighter

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Leader, Skills, Classes