Photo

No Point Upgrading Other Inferior Unis, Well Played Con

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

mitsuhapon

mitsuhapon
  • 13 posts

With the new Crafting Reduction cap, it is very illogical to upgrade Lesser stated unis or undesired weapons such as pistols/smgs/shottys.
Who in the right mind would upgrade a 1/3 reload cap manning to max for 2400fuel (5 levels)

TLS:DZ is now a game of who has the BEST RAIDING WEAPON(LR/50 rangers, even i wouldn't consider upgrading a mediocre m107 uni.
Well played con.

Well played.

edit:
tl:dr version
all im saying is I would settle for 90-95% crafting reduct. or con reduces the upgrading cost of higher level equips(max lv players are heavily affected by this severely)
He already increased the price of CotC by 300 fuel.
Do the math people
if i looted a lv 45 weapon and i wanted it maxed, it would cost me around 1200/600 fuel (95%/90%).225-245 per level
Con did say he wanted to remove the trend of LR only being viable to make other weapons interesting. now i have to save fuel only for LR upgrades coz those sell. and crap unis are just fodders for the recycler.

Edited by mitsuhapon, 18 March 2015 - 06:56 PM.

Takata

Takata
  • 464 posts

Another side effect of going backwards to very high upgrade / crafting costs is that it's going to dry out the number of keys most players actually use for trading gun & gear.

Many people will cetainly use those keys in order to increase their fuel level, by openig boxes, for upgrading their very scarce top end gear, and will use the remaining for the most important craft needed (like swords and few infamous).

The short term consequence for trade could be predictible, because we already went there: tons of imediocre tems for sale but no one for buying them, due to shortage of trade keys. At one point, only the best long rifles could find wealthy buyers...meaning, not even the average 107 or other LR, but only top end ones.

I know it's what I'm going to do with my reserve of earned keys, rather than trying to use them for trading anything now. I can also have already a large excess of infamous components as I'm not going to roll up to the point that my reserve would be exhausted (like I did before).

So even recycling untradable uniques and rares will give nothing valuable... and well, it doesn't look good at all.

Edited by Takata, 18 March 2015 - 06:41 AM.

Ivan

Ivan
  • 571 posts

So basicaly you will have the trade like we always had it on Kong (due to small number of players) :)

I thanked Con for the 80% cap and CoC back in store because it will enable a player to do that basic crafting/upgrading he needs. Up your best unis and craft your needed infamous/warhammer/sword...looking for a good FAL craft will be a little tougher but also very doable.

But yea the (only) 80% craft has destroyed the industry and prem key/box value. No upgraders (vykings) = no key/box value = no revenue for CaG from that source.

The revenue that is supposedly replacing this are the tokens which I dont expect will do that at all.

And its not just about revenue. Its about a certain playstyle being shut down. People were doing it cause obviously they found some fun in doing it to. Well,no more...

gansai

gansai
  • 166 posts

yes i agree that this will give a really large impact to the trade no stuff other then really good LR will be trade and nobody will ever upgrade stuff like harness,armour,pistol,shotgun,SMG,etc

mitsuhapon

mitsuhapon
  • 13 posts

Im fine with the 50% cotc costing 500 fuel. but the cap killed it.

joeIII

joeIII
  • 429 posts

It gets even weirder looking forward too.

Con et al were talking about the need to make raiding accessible to more players with only minimally pissing off the old guard (see the tabled raid point adjustment thread).  This change makes the old-guard's advantage even greater; newly looted unis take a lot of a player's capital to make 'fight worthy'.  So, for us fogeys, this upgrade cap we don't like is essentially 'boost' relative to new players.

And somewhere down the line Con will be wanting to counteract this 'good' thing we got. 

Ragnarsson

Ragnarsson
  • 28 posts

this has just totally killed the game. even at 80% upgrading anything but 50% range LRs or op mission stuff is just plane stupid and has take all the fun always from all those little guys. now you dont even need to spend premium keys to get 80% as long as you have war boxes or terrible boxes. at this ratio I personally will never upgrade anything again or will I spend any more on this game.

Lanceyy

Lanceyy
  • 222 posts

totally agree with other posters in this thread.

the cap of 80% seems way too low. 90-95% seems more reasonable.

there should also be different upgrade costs for different items. as it is now the upgrade cost seems to only depend on item lvl.

Nobody will be upgrading any Armors, PVE guns or even good PVP rifles.

As it is now for lvl50 players upgrading basically makes only sense for good ranged uni M-107s and absolute godlike M-417s and M60.

At 500 fuel per lvl (cost of getting 80% off not even included) upgrading anything else is just stupid right now.

Vking

Vking
  • 103 posts

The backlash towards these updates have been reinforced many times throughout this forum... The only player who seems to agree with the 80% cap is Zingman - who does have a valid point though. We'll just have to wait and see how it pans out. I honestly won't spend anymore $ on this game, period

BoShankus

BoShankus
  • 87 posts

The backlash towards these updates have been reinforced many times throughout this forum... The only player who seems to agree with the 80% cap is Zingman - who does have a valid point though. We'll just have to wait and see how it pans out. I honestly won't spend anymore $ on this game, period

Of course there's tons of backlash.  People piss and moan when free stuff is taken away from them.  

Doesn't make that backlash valid though.

Vking

Vking
  • 103 posts

Of course there's tons of backlash.  People piss and moan when free stuff is taken away from them.  

If there's huge backlash, doesn't that say something about the decision made?

Nothing was actually free, activating 100% off crafting/upgrading still requires a book to be bought, premium keys $$ to be bought, and more keys on top of that. Con stated "you shouldn't be able to upgrade for only 1 fuel" because it undermined his income from this game, even more so with a player offering free upgrades.

gansai

gansai
  • 166 posts

you do know that 100% crafting bonus arent free right?we need atleast 5 premium keys (10$),fuel crafting of the cheap 50% (200 fuel).around 20 terrible trick or treat keys(900 fuel), and they cost atleast 20$ just to activate 100% crafting bonus.sometimes it may took even more someone in my alliance opened 20 premium box which cost around 40$ and did not even get a crafting bonus.

BoShankus

BoShankus
  • 87 posts

If there's huge backlash, doesn't that say something about the decision made?

Not really. 

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

With the new Crafting Reduction cap, it is very illogical to upgrade Lesser stated unis or undesired weapons such as pistols/smgs/shottys.
Who in the right mind would upgrade a 1/3 reload cap manning to max for 2400fuel (5 levels)

TLS:DZ is now a game of who has the BEST RAIDING WEAPON(LR/50 rangers, even i wouldn't consider upgrading a mediocre m107 uni.
Well played con.

Well played.

Why would you upgrade a bad weapon before? The only reason is because there is very little or no cost to you (assuming you are using one of the upgraders).

If you want to upgrade a weapon/piece of gear, of course there should be a cost you have to pay. Expecting everything for "free" (or as close as possible) just makes you sound spoilt.

Hatchford

Hatchford
  • 920 posts

cheap upgrades allowed for the average guy with average unis a way into the game... now with the new(old) prohibitive cost of unis, this only hurts free2play players and it for damn sure does nothing to help the wars... but whatever... not my business... I only have a few guns left on my shopping list that I can afford to upgrade then im done playing in the market... I have no interest in the market anymore...

BoShankus

BoShankus
  • 87 posts

cheap upgrades allowed for the average guy with average unis a way into the game... now with the new(old) prohibitive cost of unis, this only hurts free2play players and it for damn sure does nothing to help the wars... but whatever... not my business... I only have a few guns left on my shopping list that I can afford to upgrade then im done playing in the market... I have no interest in the market anymore...

An 80% discount still seems pretty cheap to me.

mitsuhapon

mitsuhapon
  • 13 posts

Why would you upgrade a bad weapon before? The only reason is because there is very little or no cost to you (assuming you are using one of the upgraders).

If you want to upgrade a weapon/piece of gear, of course there should be a cost you have to pay. Expecting everything for "free" (or as close as possible) just makes you sound spoilt.

unlike you, i appreciate using mannings and run around DZ manually and still waiting for the PERFECT roll manning. in the meantime i use random unis around dz when im bored. Now would you spend 2400 fuel on upgrading a 2/3 m60 or use to get a 3/3 m60 instead. i bet you would opt for the 3/3. which makes the 2/3 not worth upgrading making it inferior. I spend prems and cotc and fuel to upgrade. i usually spend 5-10 prems just to get the 20%, and i only upgrade when there's 25% bonus boost from alliance. 5k fuel isnt enough to upgrade all of my weapons and also to craft anything. and it takes roughly around 3months to save for 5k fuel. Ive been in trade for 2 years now and i know this change is so drastic enough to deter old players and would scare the newer ones away.
this change is making the game to "paytowin".
edit *

i dont raid, my goal is doing 8 man autos or 1k dps medic.
i bet you just raid people and steal from bases 

Edited by mitsuhapon, 18 March 2015 - 01:21 PM.

BoShankus

BoShankus
  • 87 posts

unlike you, i appreciate using mannings and run around DZ manually and still waiting for the PERFECT roll manning. in the meantime i use random unis around dz when im bored. 

None of that has anything to do with upgrading every single unique weapon/gear you find.  And none of that explains why you want to upgrade crappy uniques anyway.

Max1144

Max1144
  • 416 posts

unlike you, i appreciate using mannings and run around DZ manually and still waiting for the PERFECT roll manning. in the meantime i use random unis around dz when im bored. Now would you spend 2400 fuel on upgrading a 2/3 m60 or use to get a 3/3 m60 instead. i bet you would opt for the 3/3. which makes the 2/3 not worth upgrading making it inferior. I spend prems and cotc and fuel to upgrade. i usually spend 5-10 prems just to get the 20%, and i only upgrade when there's 25% bonus boost from alliance. 5k fuel isnt enough to upgrade all of my weapons and also to craft anything. and it takes roughly around 3months to save for 5k fuel. Ive been in trade for 2 years now and i know this change is so drastic enough to deter old players and would scare the newer ones away.
this change is making the game to "paytowin".
edit *

i dont raid, my goal is doing 8 man autos or 1k dps medic.
i bet you just raid people and steal from bases 

Well it's up to You what You choose to upgrade... can be mannings/shotties if You like them. Fact is that regardless of weapon type upgrade prices have gone up by A LOT.

We were used to upgrading everything and most ppl could easily afford it, but that is past now. As You said - some saving up will be needed before You upgrade a single uni... so better pick it wisely ;)

ruawizard

ruawizard
  • 426 posts

As others have said, I suspect this decision will ultimately lead to less revenue for the devs, as most will see the upgrading costs as out of reach (versus paying a few keys to upgraders).  The value of prem keys has certainly been substantially degraded.  I guess time will tell.