Photo

No Point Upgrading Other Inferior Unis, Well Played Con

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Lanceyy

Lanceyy
  • 222 posts

Are you trying to say that Long Rifles (weapon of choice for the 10% or so who raid) should cost more than other weapons to upgrade? 

If upgrade costs are based on level, there should be no differentiation between weapon type.

the other items should cost less than M107. Who is going to spend 500 fuel per lvl now to upgrade armors for less than 1% suppression resistance gain per lvl.

same with basically all other PVE stuff and the non godlike PVP stuff

500 fuel is probably worth about the same as 1 premium key and for 99% of unique items thats just way too expenisve to upgrade them.

vyking

vyking
  • 216 posts

when upgrading first started, 50% was max discount, then 70,75,80,90,and finally 100%off.

and at all stages, upgrading has gone on, only difference now is people have to choose which items are worth upgrading and which are not.

for those who have been around since the "warclub" days, the current price seems to be a fair compromise

(upgrading originally cost a good LR in payment)

once again you will start to see a question pop up in chat  "is this worth upgrading?"

also people will have to start factoring in upgrade cost when buying a non maxed weapon

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

the other items should cost less than M107. Who is going to spend 500 fuel per lvl now to upgrade armors for less than 1% suppression resistance gain per lvl.

same with basically all other PVE stuff and the non godlike PVP stuff, just don't pay it

500 fuel is probably worth about the same as 1 premium key and for 99% of unique items thats just way too expenisve to upgrade them.

If someone chooses to pay, that is their choice.

I haven't upgraded anything since level 20 or so (I have been level 50 for months). A player should have to choose what they upgrade. If you feel the price isn't worth paying, just don't pay it. It really is that simple.

Chiara Sai

Chiara Sai
  • 6 posts

As others have said, I suspect this decision will ultimately lead to less revenue for the devs, as most will see the upgrading costs as out of reach (versus paying a few keys to upgraders).  The value of prem keys has certainly been substantially degraded.  I guess time will tell.

My head hurts so much when I look at your image :)