Photo

107 Schematic

schematics 107

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

ruawizard

ruawizard
  • 426 posts

So, funny story. I thought these went up back in September. We're working on the crafting update at the moment and I realised that they never got pushed live.

They're not amazing, but people still use Blue and Purple schematics every day (shock horror, I know).

I don't think there's shock or horror at these schems, and I actually think a couple look useful.  Ultimately most schems are useless. But I think some people were hopeful that crafts might be a good way to diminish the huge PvP imbalance newer level 50s face against older level 50s, like the FAL schem can do from about level 23-40 (or the pre-vintage m24 schem).  Obviously these schems won't help the high level imbalance in any way.

Con

Con
  • 4,275 posts

But I think some people were hopeful that crafts might be a good way to diminish the huge PvP imbalance

Stay tuned :D

ruawizard

ruawizard
  • 426 posts

Yay Con!! :)

gansai

gansai
  • 166 posts

I agreed suppression on shotgun are useless because nobody will ever use a shotgun in raiding and suppression does nothing in PVE ,same with hit chance on melee  are 99% useless.Long rifle with no range are pretty pointless too since they are really bad on PVE and only use on PVP due to the superior range over other weapon.

ruawizard

ruawizard
  • 426 posts

m417 schem.  maybe there will be a purple one...

IDeZSAn.png

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,180 posts

Blue L86

blue%20L86_zps2wp2ver3.jpg

Still no sign of a purple 107?

ruawizard

ruawizard
  • 426 posts

Not that I've seen, Zing.  But Con is hinting at something:

Stay tuned :D

Ender07

Ender07
  • 15 posts

M107 purple schem

x4Hv3hC.png

Buue

Buue
  • 657 posts

M107 purple schem

x4Hv3hC.png

Know what the next poster will day right???

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

Know what the next poster will day right???

Cheese

Bet you did't see that coming

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,180 posts

So none of the 107 schematics have range.

That just plain sucks...

Revenant

Revenant
  • 437 posts

If damage drop is implemented i guess it won't make much of a difference.

Buue

Buue
  • 657 posts

Cheese

Bet you did't see that coming

But I would take it, especially since I have no DMU, luck, or any keys to spend.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,763 posts

Can you imagine how mental it would be if the M107s had a range bonus? Seriously, unique 107s are as rare as magic buttons, and suddenly the game would be flooded with 25% max  crafts  That would be insane

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,180 posts

You say that like its bad thing.   One of the principal reasons players said they don't raid in the "why don't you raid" thread is the disparity of equipment.   Like the blue m24s were, they'd be a great equalizer.

Also the blue vintage M24s cap at 22.5% bonus.

ruawizard

ruawizard
  • 426 posts

The purple m417 is also cap bonus. I didn't bother to screencap it.

But it looks like Con is hinting at future PvP crafts in his post above, so we'll just have to be patient.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,763 posts

You say that like its bad thing.   One of the principal reasons players said they don't raid in the "why don't you raid" thread is the disparity of equipment.   Like the blue m24s were, they'd be a great equalizer.

Also the blue vintage M24s cap at 22.5% bonus.

I do, if i've just spent fifty quid upgrading a unique 107 to it's maximum potential. 

Only for everyone else to stroll along and fire at me with crafted 107s that didn't cost anywhere near fifty quid in upgrading, and the game starts to brake down. That's kinda obvious

I'm amazed I had to point that one out.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,180 posts

I do, if i've just spent fifty quid upgrading a unique 107 to it's maximum potential. 

Only for everyone else to stroll along and fire at me with crafted 107s that didn't cost anywhere near fifty quid in upgrading, and the game starts to brake down. That's kinda obvious

I'm amazed I had to point that one out.

So you think its "reasonable" that a single game item cost 50 quid (~75 USD) to acquire/upgrade?  That's more than double the cost of the deathmobile upgrade.  That players value any single item that high is a symptom of a broken system, so rather than breaking the game, a 107 schematic would fix it.

So yes, you're absolutely right, a craftable 107 with range will devalue all/most unique 107s -- that's kind of the point. 

When the M24s were king, and before they were made vintage, the unique ones were worth a lot, but they were never worth the amount that players have paid for 107s.  A big part of that was because you could craft a half decent blue one.   The schematic was fairly common, so anyone could craft one.

As it stands right now, only the super rich possess a full set (10) of unique 107s, many of those have more then ten in their inventory.   With a 107 schematic with range, anyone will be able to obtain a half decent 107.   If anyone/everyone is able to use half decent gear, then maybe, just maybe, you'll see more people raiding.

I would expect the "price" of unique 107s to drop significantly.   They will still remain the most valuable item in game, but they won't have the astronomical value they have now.

As far as it being "fair", Terms 2.4

Con Artist’s retains the right to modify, manage, control and/or eliminate Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods at its sole discretion. Prices and availability of Virtual Goods are subject to change without notice.

It's no worse than when Con made vintage M24s untradeable.   Vintage M24s were selling for a lot, you think players who traded in M24s didn't lose a lot when that happened?

Edited by Zingman, 21 March 2015 - 04:16 AM.

ruawizard

ruawizard
  • 426 posts

Nice points Zing

SixDasher

SixDasher
  • 252 posts

I'm beginning to think the blue fal schematic was an error, maybe we shoudl start collecting them before they are made obsolete?

All the new LR schematics are without range, some even without any kind of bonus usefull for a LR. Yet the shotguns have range+supression bonusses, when the last thing these need is range/supp.

What is the idea here Con?  You can easily loot 15% range+aps blue 107s... why on earth would anyone ever craft a rangless LR? The uni reign has just been strengthened by these schematics.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: schematics, 107