Photo

Counterpart Of The Dmu For Crafting And Upgrading

crafting upgrading

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

sigeric

sigeric
  • 55 posts

The current DMU reduces mission times from 4h to 5 minutes. This is a ( 1 - 5 *  / 4 * 60 ) * 100 = 97.9167% reduction.

My proposal is very simple: allow players to purchase a counterpart of the DMU for crafting/upgrading, which would reduce fuel costs by a 98%. Items (optionally) crafted/upgraded with the reduced fuel cost could be only tradable with other owners of the crafting/upgrading extension.

If it were reasonably priced I would purchase this extension (same price as the current DMU). With the current system, I will keep my WF equipped and forget about upgrades.

Edited by sigeric, 19 March 2015 - 12:09 PM.

gansai

gansai
  • 166 posts

Okay did not read the whole thing still a bad idea basically after i brought a stuff for some keys then i upgrade it and it will locked in my account forever?Nope

Edited by gansai, 19 March 2015 - 02:23 PM.

sigeric

sigeric
  • 55 posts

Items (optionally) crafted/upgraded with the reduced fuel cost could be only tradable with other owners of the crafting/upgrading extension.

yeah i could just buy it and do upgrade for free to everyone and get unlimited maxcraft item then i will ruin the trade!

A really bad idea and yeah some peeps will complain about pay to win even more so -1

OK, then leave out the crafting part, I do not care. I just want to upgrade my stuff, I am not interested in making profit with it. 

I am a DMU owner and I also bought some fuel packs in the past, but I will not spend any more money in the game until upgrades are made affordable again.

Edited by sigeric, 19 March 2015 - 02:04 PM.

Lefty_Grimes

Lefty_Grimes
  • 290 posts

I think you overlooked the part when I said that items crafted/upgraded this way should only be tradable with other owners of the extension. And if the general consensus is that this is still too overpowered, you could make those items infamous and not tradable at all, I do not care. I just want to upgrade my stuff, I am not interested in making profit with it.

You may not want to make profit off of any upgraded stuff, but the majority of Dead Zoners do.

Limiting trade of those upgraded items to only those with the Free Crafting add-on would effectively split the trade market into two sections: those with the add-on, and those without. Mostly likely, the top-tier alliances and highly-skilled players would purchase this add-on. This would ensure that all the best weapons will stay with the top-tier alliances and highly-skilled players. Ultimately, free-to-play players will stand even less of a chance at competing than they do now and this would drive the wedge in deeper between the Haves and the Have-nots.

I feel your pain with wanting upgrades to come cheap, but it shouldn't come at the cost of game balance. I think with the 80% fuel-cost reduction cap, paying a fuel cost in the low thousands (as opposed to more than ten thousand fuel), is manageable, even for a free-to-play player. If that doesn't work for you, I'm sure there are still upgraders out there, though I'm sure their prices may be going up.

Edited by Lefty_Grimes, 19 March 2015 - 08:02 PM.

sigeric

sigeric
  • 55 posts

I feel your pain with wanting upgrades to come cheap, but it shouldn't come at the cost of game balance. I think with the 80% fuel-cost reduction cap, paying a fuel cost in the low thousands (as opposed to more than ten thousand fuel), is manageable, even for a free-to-play player. If that doesn't work for you, I'm sure there are still upgraders out there, though I'm sure their prices may be going up.

The game balance was broken when all top tier gamers were allowed to upgrade their stuff for free. The result is that newcomers will never be able to catch up at the current inflated prices.  As I said, I do not want to make profit. If you want to maintain trading as it is now, it is OK for me. Make the items upgraded with this system untradeable, this will surely avoid disruptions in the market.

Lefty_Grimes

Lefty_Grimes
  • 290 posts

The game balance was broken when all top tier gamers were allowed to upgrade their stuff for free. The result is that newcomers will never be able to catch up at the current inflated prices.  As I said, I do not want to make profit. If you want to maintain trading as it is now, it is OK for me. Make the items upgraded with this system untradeable, this will surely avoid disruptions in the market.

So those who have cheaply upgraded items will compete against those who don't? That truly makes the game Pay-To-Win.

sigeric

sigeric
  • 55 posts

So those who have cheaply upgraded items will compete against those who don't? That truly makes the game Pay-To-Win.

I don't want a pay-to-win game either, but as I see it all those free upgrades during the past months are equivalent to a DMU for upgrading made been available.

The DMU was probably too overpowered and not a very good idea when it was introduced, but I think that rolling it back now would be almost impossible because too many users already have it. Similarly, as a result of all those months with inexpensive upgrades, the majority of users that regularly visit the trade rooms had the chance to fully upgrade their unique equipment for a symbolic price.  Since it wouldn't be fair to take back those freely upgraded items from their rightful owners, what I am proposing is a way of bridging the gap between the haves and the have-nots that wouldn't cost hundreds of $.

Lefty_Grimes

Lefty_Grimes
  • 290 posts

Con has discontinued many things during this game's run in the name of game balance, but has never taken any of them away from the players, even if they weren't "fair." The Vintage M-24s is a prime example of that.

The free upgrades that went around as of late were open to everyone, not just the super-spenders. Hell, Vyking has claimed he's never put much money into this game, and he was the one who figured out how to do it. So any player with 6 awesome uniques could take them to him and get them upgraded for free, not just the in-game rich. What you're proposing is a pay-for option to get free upgrades. Some would buy it, some wouldn't. Those who would buy it would have a significant advantage over those who wouldn't. This would drive the wedge in further between the Haves and Have-nots, primarily because the Have-nots are probably the ones who wouldn't buy it.

Con capped the fuel reduction cost to 80% for a reason. He doesn't want players to upgrade items for free. Just because it happened in the past, doesn't mean every player should have the ability to unlock a broken feature. Under your logic, Con should give level 17 players an option to buy 10 Vintages M-24s for $19.99 USD, because it's not fair that they weren't around before a broken, over-powered feature was removed from the game.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,180 posts

Under your logic, Con should give level 17 players an option to buy 10 Vintages M-24s for $19.99 USD, because it's not fair that they weren't around before a broken, over-powered feature was removed from the game.

This.

sigeric

sigeric
  • 55 posts

It seems clear from your posts that you are of the fortunate ones that upgraded your equipment during the happy times. Good for you, I lost that opportunity. I think that the best option for me is to equip the WF and wait until Con opens the island, or implements a storyline. Anyway, thanks for your time discussing this idea.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,180 posts

No it's more about stopping a bad exploit.

When Con stopped the vintage M24 trade there was a lot of outcry about how it'd be unfair to new players.

Six months later it was a complete non-issue.

This will be the same way.

Lefty_Grimes

Lefty_Grimes
  • 290 posts

I actually have never forked my stuff over for free upgrades. Have I taken advantage of a 95% fuel reduction cost in the past? Yes, that's how I was able to craft 10 above-average level 50 Swords. But I have never upgraded a unique and couldn't care less that I "missed out" on free upgrades.

SixDasher

SixDasher
  • 252 posts

I didn't have vintage M24s, and I raided the snot out of people with blue fals and a few uni sportshots. Sounds like someone is just blaming his poor raiding skills on not having OP weapones. I think 90% of the vintage M24 owners are all hgih levels now, only a hndfull has gotten a schematic and some boxes. But after 5-10 levels (2 rounds of raiding) they will be useless to them anyway. Safer to invest in sportshots, you can trade those when you outgrouw them.

sigeric

sigeric
  • 55 posts

Sounds like someone is just blaming his poor raiding skills on not having OP weapons.

Actually this proposal had nothing to do with raiding, I just wanted to upgrade my stuff at an affordable cost, as many people did during the past 6 months.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: crafting, upgrading