107 rare unique

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

bob sagad

bob sagad
  • 271 posts

Ok lets start an debate here.

I have a rare 30 percent range 107 with 27.5 aps and 22.5 supp

Another guy has a unique 27.5 ranged 107 with 27.5 aps and no supp.

Now the unique has more hit chance but really with ranged combat even a medic would have 99 percent.

So its clear the rare is better, but some think the unique has a higher price than the rare just cause it is a unique

Now what do u think. Reply down here..

Edited by bob sagad, 23 March 2015 - 11:36 PM.

joeIII

joeIII
  • 429 posts

"But if you set prices rationally..."

You, my friend, are all set for a career in economics.

gansai

gansai
  • 166 posts

I'll called this as uniqueception,since unique are usually better than rare so people will pay more for it even though a rare where stat are better but people wont accept it because its not orange with shiny name.Uniqueception 

Edited by gansai, 23 March 2015 - 11:44 PM.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,180 posts

Screenshot of that rare?

Highest bonus I've seen for range on rare 107 is 27.5%

Buue

Buue
  • 657 posts

Screenshot of that rare?

Highest bonus I've seen for range on rare 107 is 27.5%

I think it is just an example for this topic of the uniqueception.

gansai

gansai
  • 166 posts

30% range rare m107 do exist i seen it on trade before 

crazyeightyfive

crazyeightyfive
  • 266 posts

I think it is just an example for this topic of the uniqueception.

No, he's speaking of an actual gun - 30% range rare 107s do exist, like other rare LRs - I've sold several myself. Perhaps they're just less common on Kongregate.

On a side note, aas someone who has been screen-shotting every 50% range 107 I've seen for several months, I'm curious as to how many of these beast weapons exist on the other servers, particularly Kong where the lack of DMU would reduce the numbers even farther.

Buue

Buue
  • 657 posts
Okay I thought it was an example thanks guys.

T_J

T_J
  • 481 posts

The fact that this is even brought up shows just how inexperienced this poster is. 

It goes like this, if you can find a sucker to pay unique prices for a rare good luck. 

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,180 posts

The fact that this is even brought up shows just how inexperienced this poster is. 

It goes like this, if you can find a sucker to pay unique prices for a rare good luck. 

It's more the case of the unique only being worth as much as the rare, not the rare being more valuable than the unique.

The situation the OP is talking about is an exceptionally good rare with range versus an exceptionally bad unique with range.  I've seen them, where they have a massive but ultimately useless boost to hit chance -- and that's it.

At level 50 with the stats provided:

The rare is doing 159 DPS, range 37.7

The unique is also doing 159 DPS, range 36.97

If I had both guns in my inventory I'd equip the rare over the unique, but that doesn't mean I'd pay unique prices for the rare.  If someone was trying to sell me the rare I'd give them a deal based on it being a rare.   If someone was trying to sell me the unique on the otherhand, i wouldn't give them unique prices either cause well, it's a pretty crappy unique.   Heck, if it wasn't upgraded, I'd probably give them a worse deal than the rare since it would cost me more to upgrade than the rare.

Glycolysis

Glycolysis
  • 117 posts

"But if you set prices rationally..."

You, my friend, are all set for a career in economics.

That, my friend, is a good one (I really laughed).

If humans were rational, humans would not be human.  To be human is to be intertwined with the vines of irrationality.  Your question is a good one, and while I have not traded for anything in ages, I feel reasonably confident in stating that a shiny golden spiral is an asset in itself.

bob sagad

bob sagad
  • 271 posts

Hello here is the 107 extremely good considering it even has good enough aps for a unique(its supp isnt enough) http://prntscr.com/6kz9ht

Hatchford

Hatchford
  • 920 posts

but... but.. but... its not orange :(  ....

haha.. kinda sucks that rares are so undervalued aint it? just use it yourself.. your never gonna get what its really worth in trade...

btw, rares like that are called Blunis.

vyking

vyking
  • 216 posts

end of the day, its orange or go home for me. i just dont spend hrs looting and trading to pack a light blue item. just doesnt have the same feel to it, and my survivors are fussy

bob sagad

bob sagad
  • 271 posts

So you would rather use a 27 rnager 107 

Buue

Buue
  • 657 posts

So you would rather use a 27 rnager 107

I think he means sell, but if it is using that 27 ranger 107 that would be weird.

Revenant

Revenant
  • 437 posts

by my book that rare would have the same value of some top unique LR found in the market.

Buue

Buue
  • 657 posts

But because of the uniqueception, it won't have the same value :(

justinsr316

justinsr316
  • 854 posts

No, he's speaking of an actual gun - 30% range rare 107s do exist, like other rare LRs - I've sold several myself. Perhaps they're just less common on Kongregate.

On a side note, aas someone who has been screen-shotting every 50% range 107 I've seen for several months, I'm curious as to how many of these beast weapons exist on the other servers, particularly Kong where the lack of DMU would reduce the numbers even farther.

Not sure about Kong but about 95% sure that there is 5 total 50% range 107's on the Yahoo server. Only 5 that I know of have been found or told to me and that I've seen talked about in chat. All 5 of these are held by raiders as well. 

ruawizard

ruawizard
  • 426 posts

Kong has around 5 I'd say.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 107, rare, unique