Photo

Dz Dying.

dz dying injury upate easier gaming raiding pvp healing medical

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

The Architect

The Architect
  • 2,995 posts

Dear Con, obviously PVP raiding was very much Discouraged by the last update, because of the cost of medical attention to the losing side, as well as the sacrifices made by the downed survivors on the other side.

A lot of people like Missions granted, be it as it may Level Grinding, or Looting, or even Raiding. But with the raiding gravely discouraged, it left people only with a few choices to do; the raid was rendered unplayable. So with either just Level Grinding or Looting, people are NOT challenged as well as easily bored.

This forum as well is significantly less active, because the game itself is being less active with the new injury update.

Raiding, it takes for the time to run out or kill the raiding for the defenders. But to raid the defenders means that you need to wipe them all out as well, so most likely either side will have so much injured survivors, even the winning sides have so much casualties as well. Crippling each side, leaving them vulnerable and further vulnerability should they be attacked while still injured. And remember, the Injury update is just new, so it's likely that most players have not procured enough supplies for them to last for a long time. As well as have enough rarer medical items.

Con, you have to make the Raiding playable again, even if it means sacrificing realism or something else. I believe that i speak for everyone here, so say that, Injuries that can be received from raiding should Not require anything above grade 3 medical items at all. But if you want, you should just increase the injury count that result in the same decrease of health that a severe injury can do.

Think about it, if you have more injury, you're most likely to use more lower grade item, than just a few higher grade items. So their supply would likely to go down frequently too, but lower grade items than what is required for the severe injuries are much more accessible.

Say you have a severe chest injury, you need a grade 4 gauze, grade 4 bandages, and antiseptic. That resulted in 90% lowering of your max health.

But a multiple injury, would require 5x grade 3 gauze, 3 grade 3 splint, 8 antiseptic etc. etc, and it will result to a sum of -90% of the max health as well. Imagine that x10 to all of the survivors, your medical supplies will diminish greatly. But that doesn't mean they are hard to find than grade 4.

So what i am saying is that make the raid's injury much easier to find, but requires a lot more to treat, than something that is rarer to find, and harder to acquire. Making the cost of Raiding easier would encourage them to go back to raiding.

Thank you for your time.

Also, if it's not too bad, for other readers i would also like to ask for support for these pages as well.

http://forum.conarti...pound-top-view/

http://forum.conarti...o-hand-weapons/

http://forum.conarti...barrel-shotgun/

http://forum.conarti...gun-suggestion/

http://forum.conarti...ndheld-railgun/

http://forum.conarti...g3-machine-gun/

The Architect

The Architect
  • 2,995 posts

*Bump

This post needs attention.

LordEpical

LordEpical
  • 12 posts

I agree with you on the part of PvP being discouraged. I am pretty new to the game and before the update I was thinking of starting raids once my starter protection wore off. Soon after it wore off (before I actually did any raids) the update came, and now I have decided it is not worth it to raid. Seriously discouraging.

+1

Arthur_Bishop

Arthur_Bishop
  • 227 posts

Con specifically said that they drastically reduced the chances of a survivor getting a major injury if they are incapacitated during a raid, as the player has no direct control over what happens there. PvP shouldn't have been 'discouraged' at all, and even then it's far from a vital part of the game.

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

Raiding has it's own risks and rewards. The XP you can gain by raiding is far above running missions and the risk of injury is the counter of this. 

As Arthur_Bishop says above, defending survivors have a dramatically reduced chance or receiving injuries ad the defending player has no control over their actions.

For what it is worth, I am not a raider and once bought the White Flag book after being raided by someone around 20 times in a matter of days without retaliation. I have since traded that away and I have no problem with people choosing to raid if that is the way they want to play the game. It just isn't for me.

There are a couple of points in your post I would counter;

"This forum as well is significantly less active, because the game itself is being less active with the new injury update."

I have probably seen more new threads and posts since the uproar of the injury update died down. The forum seems to be more active now.

"I believe that i speak for everyone here,"

You don't. There are lots of players who are anti PVP (or PVAI if you want top be specific). These players are the reason behind things like Protection, Vacation and White Flag books. "Griefing" by raiders is also covered in the General FAQ. If raiding was an integral part of the game, there would be a hell of a lot less players of the game than there currently are. There werre literally dozens of threads of people complaining about being attacked by raiders on the old forum -  https://getsatisfact...69&style=topics 132 in fact!

PS, bumping your own posts and cross posting ideas is bad forum ettiquette

Grind Monkey

Grind Monkey
  • 302 posts

Bumping a thread within an hour of first posting it is beyond bad forum ettiquette.

The Architect

The Architect
  • 2,995 posts

Con specifically said that they drastically reduced the chances of a survivor getting a major injury if they are incapacitated during a raid, as the player has no direct control over what happens there. PvP shouldn't have been 'discouraged' at all, and even then it's far from a vital part of the game.

Less chance true, but you have 100% chance of getting severe injuries when downed...Yes, PVP shouldn't be discouraged. But it is discouraged nonetheless with the high cost of raiding.

Bumping a thread within an hour of first posting it is beyond bad forum ettiquette.

True, but not prohibited.

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

May I point you in the direction of this;

Do not:

• Flame or insult other members.
  • Bypass the swear filter or other filters.
  • Abuse or encourage abuse of the Reputation, Post Reporting, or Private Messaging Systems
  • Post personally identifiable information (i.e. name, address, email, phone number, etc.)
  • Bump threads

From the Forum Rules available here - http://forum.conarti...scussion-rules/

EDIT- Remove re-posting my own comment

Edited by LLiquid, 21 May 2013 - 11:28 PM.

Nick_the_Mouse

Nick_the_Mouse
  • 41 posts

*Bump

This post needs attention.

Bumping your own WALL OF PRINT = bad form x 2

The Architect

The Architect
  • 2,995 posts

Do not:

• Abuse or encourage abuse of the Reputation, Post Reporting, or Private Messaging Systems
  • Post personally identifiable information (i.e. name, address, email, phone number, etc.)
  • Bump threads

Huh... Okay, sorry.

Doesn't that only apply to the "General Discussions" Section. Now why is the rules named "General Discussion" within a "General Discussion" Section?

And Ideas forum has this: http://forum.conarti...rum-guidelines/ Which is also a guideline, meaning they are not required to follow, just advisable to follow.

And the "Feedback" section do not have rules at all. Yet anyways...

My dad's a Lawyer ^_^.

But if it means anything, i just need Con to notice this thread that is why i bumped this thread. other than that im sorry.

Edited by GabbyManuel, 21 May 2013 - 11:47 PM.

Lostman

Lostman
  • 125 posts

First, a few things...

Waiting several days to simply craft Lv.5 items was complicated, even more when probably a lot of players got severely injuried before they even got a single med item. Spending 10 Fuel for a Lv4 Med Item and 20 Fuel for a Lv.5 Med Item is a little too much. And the uncraftable Med Items (Antiseptic specially) are too rare, or at least, that's what I see from what people talk in the chat.

That said...

Once you get enough Med Supplies, scavenged or otherwise, the Injury Update makes things far more easier. No more time wasted waiting for an injury to heal or morale to recover. It makes a few maps useful again (I'd never searched through hospitals before, for example), and makes things more entertaining than before. Challenge!

As you said, there're way less raids and that's a problem. I mean, as much as I like not getting my compound raided, the game needs an active PvP community. At least, one that likes fighting but not griefing.

ideas

-Maybe raising some drop rates a little?

-Reducing a little (but not that much) the probability of getting "Lv5 injuries" during raids (for the raiders, too)?

-Making a temporal book (30min tops) that reduces the probability of getting injuried, or limits the level of the injuries that you can get? Or an active item that has that effect? Having that as an active item would give more deep to raiding, I mean, grenades to destroy building, smoke grenades to sneak in or a... "stimpack" to save my skin?

The Architect

The Architect
  • 2,995 posts

First, a few things...

Waiting several days to simply craft Lv.5 items was complicated, even more when probably a lot of players got severely injuried before they even got a single med item. Spending 10 Fuel for a Lv4 Med Item and 20 Fuel for a Lv.5 Med Item is a little too much. And the uncraftable Med Items (Antiseptic specially) are too rare, or at least, that's what I see from what people talk in the chat.

That said...

Once you get enough Med Supplies, scavenged or otherwise, the Injury Update makes things far more easier. No more time wasted waiting for an injury to heal or morale to recover. It makes a few maps useful again (I'd never searched through hospitals before, for example), and makes things more entertaining than before. Challenge!

As you said, there're way less raids and that's a problem. I mean, as much as I like not getting my compound raided, the game needs an active PvP community. At least, one that likes fighting but not griefing.

ideas

-Maybe raising some drop rates a little?

-Reducing a little (but not that much) the probability of getting "Lv5 injuries" during raids (for the raiders, too)?

-Making a temporal book (30min tops) that reduces the probability of getting injuried, or limits the level of the injuries that you can get? Or an active item that has that effect? Having that as an active item would give more deep to raiding, I mean, grenades to destroy building, smoke grenades to sneak in or a... "stimpack" to save my skin?

When downed, the probability of getting injured is 100%, the problem is the injury received. What i am suggesting is that when downed on a raid, instead of a severe injuries, it would have been injuries treatable by grade 3 medical items, but a lot stacked up mimicking the very same amount of blockage on your health bar.

urban_angel

urban_angel
  • 10 posts

Do not:

• Bump threads

i stopped using the chat as people are so rude to others and never trade as high level players only want to rip you off

Grind Monkey

Grind Monkey
  • 302 posts

Ignoring the rules issue. Just because something is allowed does not mean one should do it.

The Architect

The Architect
  • 2,995 posts

Ignoring the rules issue. Just because something is allowed does not mean one should do it.

Yes, but if it not within the bounds of the rule. If something is done that is should not have been done, no corrective measures are done anyways. So nothing will change as well. And did "Shouldn't" really stopped the human race from doing something stupid in the internet, let alone the history of the world?

i stopped using the chat as people are so rude to others and never trade as high level players only want to rip you off

You do not disclose your personal info over the internet, period. That is the best case scenario, the worst case scenario is identity theft, that guy posing as you can ruin your life. He can commit crimes in your name, he can steal from your banks, make commitments in your names etc. etc. And it is hard fighting identity theft.

Edited by GabbyManuel, 22 May 2013 - 05:55 AM.

urban_angel

urban_angel
  • 10 posts

GabbyManuel what are you on about....

True Evil

True Evil
  • 871 posts

Yes, but if it not within the bounds of the rule. If something is done that is should not have been done, no corrective measures are done anyways. So nothing will change as well. And did "Shouldn't" really stopped the human race from doing something stupid in the internet, let alone the history of the world?

You do not disclose your personal info over the internet, period. That is the best case scenario, the worst case scenario is identity theft, that guy posing as you can ruin your life. He can commit crimes in your name, he can steal from your banks, make commitments in your names etc. etc. And it is hard fighting identity theft.

I think he/she means people trying to scam he/she in trade such as swapping good items for bad ones.

Dead Generations

Dead Generations
  • 1,076 posts

I think many people can agree that Dead Zone is dying, even Cupinoy, one of the Dead Zone YouTubers that I watch, said that the Dead Zone has died a little bit for him since the update, and it has for me to. I agree with everything Cupinoy has said about the update on YouTube. Two being. . .

- The dead zone has died a bit since the update

&

- Medical items should be 1 or 2 fuel to craft

Edited by Dead Generations, 22 May 2013 - 04:27 PM.

UglyStamps

UglyStamps
  • 314 posts

I noticed Dead zone was dying, the medical update decimated raiding, which leads to less players to play, less forumers too.

Dead Generations

Dead Generations
  • 1,076 posts

I noticed Dead zone was dying, the medical update decimated raiding, which leads to less players to play, less forumers too.

I spend more time on forums than the actual game.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dz, dying, injury, upate, easier, gaming, raiding, pvp, healing, medical