Photo

Crafting Kits

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,179 posts

First Impression:  Awesome

Second Impression:  Wait a minute, they have to be applied/consumed when you're crafting the item, so if you get a "bad craft" the crafting kit is most likely "wasted".  This will drive up the cost of crafting.   However the ability to add range to the 107s schematic may make it worth it anyway...

So on the fence about it till I see the actual bonuses.

nickyjefferz

nickyjefferz
  • 14 posts

Liking the sound of this one con, but we might need more inventory space, so many new items recently.

lolzarz

lolzarz
  • 403 posts

Off topic: The crafting tokens mentioned in the last update; are they still obtainable from infected bounties? It seemed like a good idea in and of itself, just not good enough to replace CotC entirely. Or are they limited to fuel packages now?

dean7171

dean7171
  • 15 posts

Yep a great idea and carnt wait to see the new items,

but as was mentioned above an increase in inventory

cap would be great,i know that myself and many others

are full and an increase from 1000 items to maybe 1500

would also be a good idea.

Ghost Recon

Ghost Recon
  • 573 posts

This update looks cool :)

justinsr316

justinsr316
  • 854 posts

The kits look like a pretty cool idea and so far I like it. 

I have one question however. Since this is more new items, and we get more and more hats and masks every time we turn around, any thought for adding another optional upgrade to our inventories? Perhaps for the same fuel cost as the previous upgrade. 

kennix18

kennix18
  • 61 posts

okay Con:

1st: nice, i see that u are trying to make this game more balanced between player that have uniqs and nice stuff and player that have nothing but purples/ blues etc.

2nd: i still think that u guys should make the cap of upgrading back to 100%, just make it a lot harder.

ijrosh

ijrosh
  • 5 posts

hey con this might be the wroung fourm to say this but sence you are makeing so many great upgrades can you please think about adding anouther book slot please or mabe just a slot for the books we buy with fuel/money for example whiteflag,incresed inventory.just a thought please be so kind as to think about it please

JefFamous

JefFamous
  • 11 posts

Lets say you add a crafting kit to a craft and get a bad roll crafting bonus. Will you be able to remove that crafting kit and attempt another one, or is that kit/30fuel wasted? It would be great if we could gamble on crafting the item, then have a seperate gamble on adding a kit to it. Just my 2 cents..

ruawizard

ruawizard
  • 426 posts

First Impression:  Awesome

Second Impression:  Wait a minute, they have to be applied/consumed when you're crafting the item, so if you get a "bad craft" the crafting kit is most likely "wasted".  This will drive up the cost of crafting.   However the ability to add range to the 107s schematic may make it worth it anyway...

So on the fence about it till I see the actual bonuses.

I wish this were the case but Con said that the range kit won't even get a 10% boost.  This means that all the new long rifle schems, which are all rangeless, remain completely worthless and a bad joke by the devs.  I guess we remain in the status quo of "good luck being competitive at level 50 if you don't have a 10 uni long rifle loadout."

NeroVirgil

NeroVirgil
  • 28 posts

I wish this were the case but Con said that the range kit won't even get a 10% boost.  This means that all the new long rifle schems, which are all rangeless, remain completely worthless and a bad joke by the devs.  I guess we remain in the status quo of "good luck being competitive at level 50 if you don't have a 10 uni long rifle loadout."

Still it requires hard work and lots of hours gaming to aquire that loadout and be competitive. Otherwise everyone would have all uni lrs in defence loadout or for raids.

Yep a great idea and carnt wait to see the new items,

but as was mentioned above an increase in inventory

cap would be great,i know that myself and many others

are full and an increase from 1000 items to maybe 1500

would also be a good idea.

I will have to agree with it, why not an increase to inventory space Con? I would like a logical answer for this.

Edited by NeroVirgil, 10 April 2015 - 03:30 PM.

ruawizard

ruawizard
  • 426 posts

Still it requires hard work and lots of hours gaming to aquire that loadout and be competitive. Otherwise everyone would have all uni lrs in defence loadout or for raids.

A good uni should always have the advantage over a great craft -- I'll never argue against that.  And even with the OP FAL schem, the reward is sufficient for people to keep looting versus just paying to craft stuff.

But the fact that there isn't a single decent LR schem at the higher levels leads to a glaring disparity and is discouraging for a lot of new raiders.  For the health of raiding at level 50, it's better to open some doors to let more people be competitive.  Otherwise you get what we have on Kong -- no one raiding at level 50 and instead making alts over and over.  I guess we'll have to wait until the situation gets desperate on AG/FB until Con starts addressing it. 

lukeskylicker

lukeskylicker
  • 1 posts

Would I be correct to assume that essentially a refined kit is a better version of a complete craft that focuses on one thing (range, damage, protection, etc.) while a combination kit doesn't have as large a boost as the refined kit but makes up for it in minor bonuses to more things.

Scrub McLordington LXIX

Scrub McLordington LXIX
  • 1,366 posts

So if I understand correctly.

These kits are basically a fixed addition that you can get in addition to the random bonuses while crafting?

For example, i could make a sighted scoped purple weapon that has +damage as well through the damage kit?

Also, now that you're working on crafting, this'd be the perfect time to release some new Premium Mark II's

Edited by Tacticool Trumpet, 10 April 2015 - 05:15 PM.

Edgar V

Edgar V
  • 122 posts

But the fact that there isn't a single decent LR schem at the higher levels leads to a glaring disparity and is discouraging for a lot of new raiders.  For the health of raiding at level 50, it's better to open some doors to let more people be competitive.  Otherwise you get what we have on Kong -- no one raiding at level 50 and instead making alts over and over.  I guess we'll have to wait until the situation gets desperate on AG/FB until Con starts addressing it. 

Im with this guy, i was checking last night if there was any schem worth of crafting with this new update, but i find myself only with weapons that honestly, i would rather not to craft. I know its not an easy job, but like i said before, the crafting system need a little tweak here and there, as the actual schematics for crafting are not so worthy, specially the purple ones :/

Also, now that you're working on crafting, this'd be the perfect time to release some new Premium Mark II's

i like also this idea, i bet people would be happy if there were higher lvl herc/premium weapons to play with. being honest, the actual premium weapons dont even worth no even the fuel to making them custom/mk II since there are better things with more variety (even some rares are better than premium weps). so just think about it Con ;)

Scrub McLordington LXIX

Scrub McLordington LXIX
  • 1,366 posts

One thing that bothers me though, I have spend thousands of fuel on crafting Max Crafts..

And now the kits get released, at first I thought they were going to be used so that you can upgrade/stack crafting bonuses, up to a certain percentage.

But nope, now i can throw all my max crafts out of the window. And craft them all over again. I'll probably make some new ones, untill they're better then my max crafts.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,747 posts

So purple crafted swords with APS? Juicy!!! 

I keep running out of *cough* metal spikes though Con.. perhaps be able to even craft a large batch of them from some of the metal components we've already got?

joeIII

joeIII
  • 429 posts

Still definitely the case.  BUT, don't forget the "Ballistic Protection" craft bonus.  Don't know what it is yet, but with so many armors sitting right at 70%, IF only crafted armor can break that 70% barrier, high level raiders might actually have something worth crafting....

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,179 posts

Actually what Con said was:

Range Kits were one of the items that I paid close attention to. It's not 10%, I'll say that much for now. 

All that means (to me) is that it's not a fixed 10%.   It could be less than 10%, it could be more than 10%,   It could also not be fixed.  Could very well be 5% + chance of boost.

We just have to wait and see. 

Put the pitchfork down, but keep it handy.

Edited by Zingman, 10 April 2015 - 07:18 PM.

Ivan

Ivan
  • 571 posts

Still definitely the case.  BUT, don't forget the "Ballistic Protection" craft bonus.  Don't know what it is yet, but with so many armors sitting right at 70%, IF only crafted armor can break that 70% barrier, high level raiders might actually have something worth crafting....

70% is the hard cap on projectile resist. you can get 150% boost but it will remain on 70% just like scavenging speed (if it is 70% there) or melee resist.