Photo

Crafting Kits

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

Gabriel R

Gabriel R
  • 14 posts

Question: If you add a crafting kit to a weapon, and the stat wasn't in the original schematic, will it make it possible to gain a crafting bonus on that stat?
Let's say we add an attacks per second crafting kit to a war hammer, can we get a 25% crafting bonus on APS?

Edited by Gabriel R, 10 April 2015 - 09:08 PM.

Rainwater

Rainwater
  • 103 posts

Lightening Kits ?

Buue

Buue
  • 657 posts
Move speed probably, or just health cause there is a prefix called Light, which increases health only.

Scrub McLordington LXIX

Scrub McLordington LXIX
  • 1,366 posts

Could also be APS increase, as heavy melee weapons usually have lower APS.

joeIII

joeIII
  • 429 posts

70% is the hard cap on projectile resist. you can get 150% boost but it will remain on 70% just like scavenging speed (if it is 70% there) or melee resist.

Yes, you noticed the question on the table.  "How many of the previous hard limits will be ignored by this new buff?"  See Lanceyy's early, and unanswered, post as well.

This could still be an update without interest to raiders.  But maybe...

Revenant

Revenant
  • 437 posts

Amazing addition Guys.

Well done.

VASH581

VASH581
  • 72 posts

What does lightening kit do?

Tangerine01

Tangerine01
  • 7 posts

Lightening Kits ?

What does lightening kit do?

im assuming those reduce movement speed penalty

Hatchford

Hatchford
  • 920 posts

im not sure how I feel about these yet... what all stats will there be kits for? how much will they improve the crafts? too much and it will make current stuff inadequate which I wouldn't like. not enough and its pointless. how will they interact with the current hard caps and soft caps of certain stats on certain weapons/gears? a whole lot of technical details that will be hard to offer feed back on until its put in action.

I will say only offering a 10% range improvement for the range kit will make that one kinda unpopular. but eh... im happy with what I have so...

but as some people have remarked already... im more concerned with inventory space... too much stuff that Is only marginally useful and not truly worthwhile... no more mediocrity please...

Ghost Recon

Ghost Recon
  • 573 posts

I like crafting myself  this will be useful.  I like to say con that this is going to be a good update. ;)

Edited by Ghost Recon, 11 April 2015 - 05:04 PM.

Whoknowslolme

Whoknowslolme
  • 1 posts

-Adds scope to melee- Finally,Now I can scope in on my foes from afar!!I've been waiting for this!

Revenant

Revenant
  • 437 posts

im not sure how I feel about these yet... what all stats will there be kits for? how much will they improve the crafts? too much and it will make current stuff inadequate which I wouldn't like. not enough and its pointless. how will they interact with the current hard caps and soft caps of certain stats on certain weapons/gears?

... We're trying to give the crafted items a bit of a boost, not have them blow everything else out of the water. 

Hatchford, on 11 Apr 2015 - 13:35, said:

a whole lot of technical details that will be hard to offer feed back on until its put in action.

I will say only offering a 10% range improvement for the range kit will make that one kinda unpopular. but eh... im happy with what I have so...

I have a feeling that one of the major objectives behind the crafting kits is to adjust the usefulness of the crafted goods in comparison to the other items obtained through trade and scavenging. With very few (and lucky) exceptions most of the crafted items usually stood far behind most rares and uniques found in the game. Upgrading the crafted goods will bring in some positive changes in certain aspects of the game. Such as:

a) This addition will finally encourage everyone to use the crafting system improving overall fuel flow - that its good for the economic stability of the game.

b ) Since uniques and rares can't be crafted the addition of those kits will bring more balance in Raiding. Non paying players now could strive for obtaining proper gear through the crafting system and would be able to defend their compound more efficiently. paying players might be more interested in raiding because it now could have some challenge, even if they remain with the upper hand (since i doubt the crafted stuff would be better than the uniques).

c) Achieving balance between the PVP groups would also encourage people to participate in raiding, turning out to increase the raid-able targets.

d) crafting kits would also introduce a new item into the trade community. such item being in accordance to the key economy would soon enough find its buyers (either kits or crafted goods itself)

Edited by Revenant, 11 April 2015 - 08:02 PM.

Ivan

Ivan
  • 571 posts

Seein again the OP and all those pics of all those kits makes me wonder if this will make my recycling routines even more tiring.

Also wonder what container spaces the kits will occupy. Will having kits in some areas reduce chances to loot weapon/gear?

Cause all the stuff we got from unidentified building till today were lag and reduced chance for uni.

Off topic but all the new variations (except military base) have a horrible chance for unis. Absolutely destroyed previously decent areas like suburbs,police or even depots.

It should go other way around = increasing chances so newer players can catch up a bit woth older ones. But hey..rant is always an option :)

Since we are looking at 50+ new items (complete,incomplete,uber kit) which you need to discern is it recycle or is it not this update definitely requires some sort of inventory management improvement.

Increase capacity of both inventory and recycler OR make use of incinerator. Make incinerator have 2 modes of work. 1st one as it is. 2nd one to burn kit,schem,book for free.

gansai

gansai
  • 166 posts

Oh well seem like a nice update but meh didnt put my hope too high after all those update you have given us,too much plot twist for me to handle if i put my hope too high.

Scrub McLordington LXIX

Scrub McLordington LXIX
  • 1,366 posts

T̶h̶e̶ ̶n̶e̶x̶t̶ ̶u̶p̶d̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶l̶a̶n̶d̶.̶

O̶k̶a̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶n̶e̶x̶t̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶.̶

M̶a̶y̶b̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶?̶

I̶'̶m̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶n̶e̶x̶t̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶.̶.̶.̶ 

Crafting kits....that'll do, since I'll be to occupied with recrafting my weapons.

Are we going to get an april / may  roadmap update in the future?

Edited by Tacticool Trumpet, 11 April 2015 - 11:34 PM.

Cameron_R_Craig

Cameron_R_Craig
  • 223 posts

Im kind of confused as to how these things work...

Are these going to be able to be applied to fully upgraded items?  or are they going to be restricted to items that aren't at their max level yet?

Edited by Cameron_R_Craig, 12 April 2015 - 12:21 AM.

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

Are we ever going to see the final area released?

It seems that hats, masks, clothing and crafting/upgrade tokens have taken priority. Personally, I can't understand the reasoning behind it and they just seem like "fluff".

Come on, we are 3 years (give or take) after the game was released and we still haven't got round to releasing all the levels.

I get the feeling that largely unnecessary or poorly implemented (e.g. Incinerator which was a kick in the face compared to how it was proposed) ideas are taking priority over the basic game content.

Buue

Buue
  • 657 posts

I get the feeling that largely unnecessary or poorly implemented (e.g. Incinerator which was a kick in the face compared to how it was proposed) ideas are taking priority over the basic game content.

Have you thought about the fact that....they are working on it at the same time these new things are coming out? If they focus purely on the Island, then it can be 3 months of no updates, then another three months for this Crafting Kits to come out. The Devs cant finish everything in one week or something...

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,179 posts

Im kind of confused as to how these things work...

Are these going to be able to be applied to fully upgraded items?  or are they going to be restricted to items that aren't at their max level yet?

Neither.  They're applied when you initially craft the item.

Ivan

Ivan
  • 571 posts

Have you thought about the fact that....they are working on it at the same time these new things are coming out? If they focus purely on the Island, then it can be 3 months of no updates, then another three months for this Crafting Kits to come out. The Devs cant finish everything in one week or something...

Why are you acting as a dev advocate in 100/100 of your last posts.

Critique and trying to see the negative and what needs to be fixed makes the games get better in contrast with your strategy of making excuses which makes them worse.