Photo

Surivor Realism

survivor idea death skills leader scavenger recon medic fighter engineer

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Tiffany_Kato

Tiffany_Kato
  • 5 posts
Problem: Survivors in the DZ is acting weird, I feel the survivors are not human-like.

Idea: Survivor should move, act and live like normal human beings

Survivor Death:
I know many users will disagree with this concept, but no one is immortal. My concept here is death, but not through incapacitating nor raiding. A survivor dies if he sustain large amounts of injuries. For example, Keito has Severe Back Injury and a Minor Arm Laceration. Those 2 injuries covered 50% of his total HP. Then you sent him into a mission, causing him to get incapacitated again. When you got home, Keito has Severe Skull Fracture, Minor Knee Laceration and Minor Chest Injury. These new injuries and the old ones covered 92% of his total HP. Most players ignore this matter because there is a healing time or others rush in the trade room to get medicine. My concept here is to put a time limit where the survivor dies due to a massive amount of injuries.

When the survivor's total HP is covered by 80%, a "Bleeding Effect" will appear. This starts the countdown, which is 1 week. Within the given time, the bleeding effect should be removed using medical items such as Bandages, Gauzes and an item called "Blood Bag". This item contains blood, obviously LOL. After the healing process, the survivor will be resting for 3 days. This means that he/she will not be available to any activity within the dead zone, raid defense is an exception. After 3 days, all wounds are healed and the survivor is good as new. If the bleeding effect is not removed within the allocated time, the survivor will die and a free slot will be available :)

Survivor Socialization:
This is just a program edit. The survivors should be acting like normal human beings, sleeping, sitting on the ground, eating, drinking, having conversations, cooking food, taking a bath, taking a dump, washing their clothes, doing some training when they are being retrained and some other stuff done by normal dudes.

Survivor Wishes/Wills:
Every human being has a goal in life. In the dead zone, the only goal is to survive. I find this really unrealistic. Even though a very big problem is upon us, we still keep in mind that we want something in addition to we need something. My concept here is very simple, to give the survivors what they want.

For example, Keito.
Wishes:
-Have a LVL50 Unique Long Rifle
-Have a LVL5 Bed
-Craft a Custom Katana

Of course, it will be worthless without rewards. Rewards are random, it can be a large amount of fuel or maybe upgrade tokens, or anything that is worth the effort. After all the wish are granted, of course the survivor's morale will sharply rise by 50 points and will last long if it is kept well fed, comfortable and well defended.

Survivor Skill Tree:
Every person has different roles, and it is already specified by picking the survivor's role when he/she arrives at your compound. Even though each has a different role, where are they specialized? Of course most users will say that recons are born to kill, fighters are for defending, medics are for healing and so on, so forth. I see something that the survivors can have. A recon knows how to use a gun, but where is he/she specialized? On machine guns or sniper rifles? An engineer knows how to build something, but is he great in building storages or crafting guns and bombs? My concept here is having a specific role a specific job.

A skill tree will appear when a survivor leveled up. Each role, including the leader, has a 3 different skill trees.

Leader:
-Defensive Leader: Focuses on the compound's security, comfort, raid defense, and anything about keeping everyone safe
-Aggressive Leader: Focuses on raids, missions, and anything related on weapons and killing
-Resourceful Leader: Focuses on resources, drop offs and anything that keeps them well fed and supplied

Engineer:
-Architect: Reduces material cost of buildings, repairs, upgrades and the like
-Combat: Increases effectiveness of improvised weapons among the team, reduced speed, additional suppression resistance
-Improviser: Reduces costs of crafting items, adds more bonuses on crafted items and others related

Recon:
-Frontal: Increased HP, additional suppression resistance, reduced speed
-Tactical: additional range, reduced trap spotting range, reduced speed
-Covert: Increased speed, reduced HP, additional suppression resistance

Fighter:
-Defender: Increased HP, reduced speed, additional suppression resistance
-Assault: Additional speed, reduced range, additional suppression resistance
-Heavy: increased HP, reduced speed, additional reload speed

Medic:
-Combat: Increased HP, faster healing time, reduced speed
-Operation: reduces medical item level for healing wounds, gives faster recovery time for the whole compound, and other things related
-Conservative: reduces material costs for crafting medical items

Scavenger:
-Combat: Additional HP, reduced speed, faster scavenge time
-Looter: slower scavenge time, higher chances of quality items, reduced junk items and etc
-Focused: Slower scavenge time, more scavenged items, reduced HP

With this concept, survivor stats are also editable like the leader.

Sorry for the very long post, here's a potato for those who read this
potato.jpg

and an additional potato for those who will give +1's :D
4733584093_ae453aa793.jpg

Pro_Tyle

Pro_Tyle
  • 145 posts

Although I would like and in support of some of these (especially those survivor goals - a level 50 Uni LR much be too much tho) I feel these add to much complexity and makes you think a ton more about how you will simply play

I think this will be far to much to soak in for new players

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

Sounds like what you actually want is a Zombie theme for "The Sims"

Tiffany_Kato

Tiffany_Kato
  • 5 posts

yeah, its like adding the sims theme on the game. how can you live without talking to anyone? thats just very unrealistc

Sounds like what you actually want is a Zombie theme for "The Sims"

Tiffany_Kato

Tiffany_Kato
  • 5 posts

Although I would like and in support of some of these (especially those survivor goals - a level 50 Uni LR much be too much tho) I feel these add to much complexity and makes you think a ton more about how you will simply play

I think this will be far to much to soak in for new players

i guess we could adjust those goals by the user level when the survivor arrived. for example, keito arrived when i was lvl13. then his goals maybe equip a lvl20 sportshot or run a lvl13 solo mission

Ngati Porou

Ngati Porou
  • 79 posts

Bloody hell mate to much thinking get out there and raid :P

Exile_Talon

Exile_Talon
  • 6 posts

I mean, hello, chat room.

Now, what's weird is that after you find 10 survivors, nobody else finds your compound sexy enough to join.

...nor do you ever see any other survivors while out on missions. Ever.

Tyrone

Tyrone
  • 135 posts

I disagree with the OP. However...

...nor do you ever see any other survivors while out on missions. Ever.

I do agree with this. Feels odd that there are never survivors out there to help explaim why anybody was there to join you to start with. The game lore from the beginning noted there were conflicts between the survivors:

"Clash in The Bricks leaves ten dead."

DoomfireTom

DoomfireTom
  • 63 posts

Survivor Death:
I know many users will disagree with this concept, but no one is immortal. My concept here is death, but not through incapacitating nor raiding. A survivor dies if he sustain large amounts of injuries. For example, Keito has Severe Back Injury and a Minor Arm Laceration. Those 2 injuries covered 50% of his total HP. Then you sent him into a mission, causing him to get incapacitated again. When you got home, Keito has Severe Skull Fracture, Minor Knee Laceration and Minor Chest Injury. These new injuries and the old ones covered 92% of his total HP. Most players ignore this matter because there is a healing time or others rush in the trade room to get medicine. My concept here is to put a time limit where the survivor dies due to a massive amount of injuries.

The problem with this is if you have everyone level 50 except one survivor, who is for example, level 39, you can purposely make him gain injuries to kill him, then you can do the requirements again to get a free level 49.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: survivor, idea, death, skills, leader, scavenger, recon, medic, fighter, engineer