Photo

Water Task

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Erkkimayn

Erkkimayn
  • 2 posts

Lot of people find passing the water task is difficult, especially on rounds when many members are raiding. When i rest im  using white flag, peak oil shiny and a task book, ammunition annual, call of the clothier etc. Which help me to score a lot on these tasks. But. There is no such book for water task. i think a chance to obtain a permanent "increases water drops by 50%" or something like this. agriculture is not helping much

Lefty_Grimes

Lefty_Grimes
  • 287 posts

The Water Task is a really hard one, since water doesn't drop much. There is the Processed Foods book that increases water and food drops, but it also reduces ammo/wood/metal/cloth drops. The best percentage is 50% for 12 hours.

I've speculated as to why water drops are so horrid here:

http://forum.conarti...ssues/?p=110950

Aberdeen

Aberdeen
  • 102 posts

Edited by Aberdeen, 20 August 2015 - 02:48 AM.

Lefty_Grimes

Lefty_Grimes
  • 287 posts

Here's a sample of 10 automissions in varying location types and suburbs. All missions had a success rate of "Very High" and a 50% Processed Foods book was active during this run.

9rqd07.jpg

Now, 10 missions is a very small sampling of data, but the results are pretty consistent with what I've been seeing lately. At no point do I find more water than food. Location doesn't seem to matter, but I almost always find roughly twice as much food as water. I really wish the Devs would readjust these drop numbers.

Scrub McLordington LXIX

Scrub McLordington LXIX
  • 1,366 posts

Have to agree with this.

I posted something about this earlier, but people just said I couldn't find as much water because i wasn't a raider...

However the drop rate is really weighted more towards food then water.

joeIII

joeIII
  • 429 posts

I didn't realize anyone disagreed that water dropped less on looting missions.  That is absolutely my experience as well.

However, it seems all for the good that there is a limiting resource in the DZ.  About time.  A survival game needs SOMETHING that is hard to come by.  And if that makes raiding more attractive, all for the good.  

SpikeSkull

SpikeSkull
  • 146 posts

This is very true about water being hard to find even with having a dmu the water task proves to be difficult I can understand how the people without the dmu feel. If you don't have dmu water/food would be extra hard to find. With having morale involved I think it should be easier to find so that the non dmu'ers would still have a chance of having positive morale. After all this is a game of trying to be balanced amoung dmu's and non dmu's right???

T_J

T_J
  • 481 posts

If you raid, you have a chance to score 650+ water. 

Yes, the water task takes time, but it's hardly impossible. So you can't finish the water task in the first 24 hours like the other auto mission tasks. It might take, god forbid, three days to wrap. 

With all the issues with the game, I think, adjusting the water drop is really low on the priority list. 

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,133 posts

The tasks were originally designed to be completed in about one week during a two-week round.   Based on changes to the task requirements when Con went from two-week to one-week rounds, tasks are meant be completed in about four days.

I play on Kong, where there is no DMU.  I'm also not a raider.   I typically complete my share of the water task in three to four days.  My alliance has never failed the water task and we're an alliance of all/most white flag players.

If your alliance is failing the water task, you need to look at your alliance and ask why is it failing?   If you have a lot of members not doing their fair share of the tasks, then probably some changes should be made...

crazyeightyfive

crazyeightyfive
  • 266 posts

It is my opinion (and others I've spoken with as well), that drop rates for anything tank when that specific 'anything' is required for a task.

My personal favorite is weapons when 'Find Guns' is up as a current Alliance Task.

No need for anecdotal 'you're sample size is too small' here - simply pay attention to the numbers of weapons you find during the next few War Rounds where 'Gun Stocks' isn't an Alliance Task, and then watch those numbers nosedive when the Task comes up again.

Same with Water in particular, but also noticeable with any Task requiring the mercy of the RNG, and even Infected Bounties - It definitely feels sometimes like the numbers start to work against you just when you need them to roll your way the most.

Lefty_Grimes

Lefty_Grimes
  • 287 posts

It is my opinion (and others I've spoken with as well), that drop rates for anything tank when that specific 'anything' is required for a task.

My personal favorite is weapons when 'Find Guns' is up as a current Alliance Task.

No need for anecdotal 'you're sample size is too small' here - simply pay attention to the numbers of weapons you find during the next few War Rounds where 'Gun Stocks' isn't an Alliance Task, and then watch those numbers nosedive when the Task comes up again.

Same with Water in particular, but also noticeable with any Task requiring the mercy of the RNG, and even Infected Bounties - It definitely feels sometimes like the numbers start to work against you just when you need them to roll your way the most.

I'd have to disagree with this (though you have a point with Infected Bounties). When we have Water Supply and Groceries running side by side in the same round, Groceries is completed in less than three days, whereas Water Supply usually gets finished on the last day. Food drops never tank. I can fill my stocks from empty in about 15 missions. Water would take me a good 60 missions. Yesterday, I scoured nearly every Supermarket, Park, Street, Subway, and Hospital from Union Bridge and up, and was only able to manage to donate about 3,500 water.

The whole "raid for water" idea is nice, yeah. Where does that water come from? How is your victim finding his water? Chances are, they're not donating it, because they know this task is too hard for and medium to large sized alliance to finish. Why is my alliance failing? It's not, but after grinding this task for four days, for fear of failing it, I'm not exactly taking part in anything that's really fun.  We have 22 members in out alliance and a handful of them are super-donators. We can usually cover things to get our tasks done within three days, except for Water.

With all the issues in the game, I think adjusting water drops would be the quickest, easiest, and most basic fix.

Edited by Lefty_Grimes, 17 April 2015 - 12:59 PM.