Photo

Gear Wishlist - High Level Players

• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

Con

Con
  • 4,216 posts
Everyone is welcome to contribute to this thread, but I'd like to hear from players over level 40.

So I'm currently designing the items for The Island update, which will include a bunch of stuff for high level players. I've got the weapons covered, so don't worry about that.

1. What pieces of gear do you want the most?
2. What do you want gear to do at high levels for Raiding?
3. What do you want gear to do at high levels for fighting Infected?
4. Where are the gaps in the existing gear at level 50?

Bring the suggestions!

vyking

vyking
  • 216 posts

POPULAR

instead of the currently used cookiecutter armors lvl 29-50, perhaps armors with class specific matches , with 20%scav speed or heal speed or ranged combat.

keeping in mind they still need to have at or near 70%projectile resistance for them to get used

Bosworth

Bosworth
  • 1 posts

Ok.. well what keeps popping into my head is Alliance Gear/Weapons which have your alliance logo on it. These would have Alliance boosts of some sort on them BUT they are only active while you are still part of that Alliance. These would be purchased by the leader using tokens perhaps.

gouger

gouger
  • 15 posts

i look for 70% projectile and explosion resistance for raiding with 20% supression resistance for a nice bonus, for missions i look for 60-70% melee protection and melee combat, protection being more important, with move speed, the addition health on them is a nice bonus as well. At this point if the vests arn't 70% or close to it on two stats i dont keep them.

Nohman

Nohman
  • 17 posts

for level 40's i suggest reload stuffs since many go crazy for them, armors with high projectile,move speed and explosive resistance will also count. those mentioned are for clan wars and PVP modes. for infected i suggest giving gloves with attack speed enhancement for melee types, since we have gloves for ranged combat types. that will be giving option for either to be a melee attacker or to be a ranged one..i will be thinking for more choices and variations..

longorjames

longorjames
  • 210 posts

POPULAR

For PvE gear to mess up those stronger zeds, maybe bigger but slower reloading magazines. Like a Drum magazine? Would help with rushes so you don't have to reload during it. Would make people reload more tactically when they see an open window to do so safely.

New glasses would be nice. Right now the cap is lvl 21.

Better Vests with health/healing, health/scavenging.

Maybe be able to equipped 2 different kinds of gear for survivors after a certain lvl like 40? Defensive, and Operational gears like vest would be separate from stuff like shoes, maybe to wear a heavy vest to be tanky, but also shoes to run a little faster to negate the movement reduction. Or vests + magazines for guns. and so on. 

Maybe armor piercing rounds, does massive extra damage to things with vests, would help against PvP and PvE Riot, Military, Police zombies.

Edited by longorjames, 19 May 2015 - 07:24 AM.

gouger

gouger
  • 15 posts

i think that the new infamous gloves work fine for what nohman was talking about, the gloves become a  bit obsolete because of the scav vests having additional health, it doesnt come around often where i rely on my scavs to fight in a mission. If they have to fight its only for a rush that the others cant handle.  There is a sever lack of med and scav vests drops imo. Some uni drops of those every now and again in a high lvl would be nice.

Ivan

Ivan
  • 571 posts

2. gear at high lvls for raiding = we need invulnerability or ressurection potions when we spawn and die to maxrange 107 covering the whole map

longorjames

longorjames
  • 210 posts

POPULAR

If a member is incapacitated, maybe a defibrillator? Or make it a special skill of only medics, maybe leader too. Takes like 10-30 seconds to revive the incapacitated survivor depending on the medic stat lvl. Sucks when just 1 of my survivors are down during a run and I usually have to run to the exit and leave before scavenging everything. 

This would be more good for PvE as zombies will die and will not spawn for a while. Although if someone dies in a PvP raid, it might be harder to use the defib as people will be constantly shooting at you.

Edited by longorjames, 19 May 2015 - 07:45 AM.

Smokey_Greenleaf

Smokey_Greenleaf
  • 40 posts

i also would like to see class specific gear, find it kinda ridiculous that im constantly finding gear that requires fighter/leader with +improvised combat, yet cant ever find anything for my engineer who specializes in improvised. we could also use new schematics for improvised weapons across the board from lvl 1-50. more DECENT looter books would be nice, as would FAR LESS crafting kit schematics.

As far as being gear specific goes though, im honestly kinda sick of getting nothing but raiding gear at lvl 40+, almost every piece of gear i pick up has suppression, explosive, projectile, etc resistance... how about some stuff that boosts the survivor's passive abilities rather than resistances? perhaps some new infamous stuff (as the existing stuff mostly revolves around lvls 20-35?

Oh! one last suggestion, it's not gear related but still think it would be a great idea and add more fun/challenge to the game.... How about a randomly spawning boss of some type to fight on manual missions? I've thought since i started playing that it would be cool to have a huge beast of a zombie come crashing through the wall like the koolaid man. much harder to kill than normal zombies, but if you beat him, your chances at quality loot skyrocket. i think this would encourage more players to do manual missions.

longorjames

longorjames
  • 210 posts

i think that the new infamous gloves work fine for what nohman was talking about, the gloves become a  bit obsolete because of the scav vests having additional health, it doesnt come around often where i rely on my scavs to fight in a mission. If they have to fight its only for a rush that the others cant handle.  There is a sever lack of med and scav vests drops imo. Some uni drops of those every now and again in a high lvl would be nice.

I agree with the lack of scavenger vests and medic vests at the higher lvls. Even if they aren't high lvls, could you make them drop there, so there is also a chance for unique variants. 

Reload/Health vests would also be appreciated drops in the higher lvls as well for my lvl 50 mgs.

ackNnak

ackNnak
  • 52 posts

I'm almost all melee on played looting missions giving my medic the only gun.  Building on Vyking's comments I would like to see more general support attributes on specialized gear.  Like a med vest that also improves reload or med vest that also boosts melee use.  The same could apply for scav vests.

WRT the Island.  I've always envisioned itas some kind of HERC strong-hold (or hold-out).  The outside is surrounded by zeds.  The inside also has typical zed groups but you would also encounter non-infected HERC.  They would be equipped with gear/weapons easily equal to or possibly superior to anything you might possess.  They would not always assault you like zeds but would try to defend maintaining cover and range.  You would have to defeat them in a progressive fashion making many visits to the island.  They have medics too and can heal so it would have to be done within some time limit and the longer you wait the more they recover.  (If you have a DMU then they can heal very fast too.)

longorjames

longorjames
  • 210 posts

i also would like to see class specific gear, find it kinda ridiculous that im constantly finding gear that requires fighter/leader with +improvised combat, yet cant ever find anything for my engineer who specializes in improvised. we could also use new schematics for improvised weapons across the board from lvl 1-50. more DECENT looter books would be nice, as would FAR LESS crafting kit schematics.

As far as being gear specific goes though, im honestly kinda sick of getting nothing but raiding gear at lvl 40+, almost every piece of gear i pick up has suppression, explosive, projectile, etc resistance... how about some stuff that boosts the survivor's passive abilities rather than resistances? perhaps some new infamous stuff (as the existing stuff mostly revolves around lvls 20-35?

Oh! one last suggestion, it's not gear related but still think it would be a great idea and add more fun/challenge to the game.... How about a randomly spawning boss of some type to fight on manual missions? I've thought since i started playing that it would be cool to have a huge beast of a zombie come crashing through the wall like the koolaid man. much harder to kill than normal zombies, but if you beat him, your chances at quality loot skyrocket. i think this would encourage more players to do manual missions.

I like the sound of the last suggestion. Anyone think it sounds too much like the TANK from L4D and L4D2? Would make people even with the DMU slow down a bit. Big hulky zombie also reminds me of a game called Dead Frontier! That game was too tough though, melee became useless in the top tier zombie zones, ammo and strong guns were freakishly expensive, grinding/looting money was hard/lengthy process. 

Edited by longorjames, 19 May 2015 - 07:51 AM.

Mike B

Mike B
  • 42 posts

Would be cool to have a piece of gear that slows down the infected during the rushes on PVE missions, could b used by engineer/leader only. It could have a limited activation time like smokes. It seems to me that some infected are moving mighty fast already so if we assume that the infected of the Island are even tougher than those we already meet on some of the lvl 50 missions, that kind of gear could be really interesting.

For PVP raiding, well, we all want the magic vest with 70% resistance to everything, +5 carry slots, speed of light reloading and +50% move speed :)

redkillerz64

redkillerz64
  • 3 posts

weapon attachments so we could customize our weapons ?

Matija_b

Matija_b
  • 56 posts

Riot shields,long time ago they were mentioned as active gear,maybe 2 kinds of them-Riot (melee resistance+ melee weapon or handgun) or ballistic (proj. resis. + handgun).

Also more general vests like mix of scavenger and military (maybe inmprovised), same for others.
Tracers at higher lvl.

NorHawk

NorHawk
  • 83 posts

One suggestion and question :

Suggestion : Gear, 70 % projectile resistance with scav speed

Question : Weapon, will there be introduced a better long range than the m107?

Keep up the good work :)

CH / L1N

Horaz1

Horaz1
  • 15 posts

for raiding: some high level equivalent to FAL(i think many players still love that gun) ...maybe a msg90 with 20 cap+ mediocre range

for fighting the infected: a high aps assault rifle ! (maybe a big version of the cr ?!?! )

for gear: some vests like tac vest , shooting vest  with resistance instead of health bonus would be rad

The Wanderer

The Wanderer
  • 63 posts

I've red about a boss zombie or something, that would be a cool idea because PvP, PvE, Collecting items gets pretty boring at times and a special area would be kinda cool too like a specially marked area where you can fight really strong zombies or boss that rewards uni, rares or other high quality items.

Here's for the gears:

Raiding: Since you can get raiding vests with capped stats, an addition on stats could be useful like trap spotting, shooting and melee combat etc or remove an existing stat and replace with another and so on and so forth, Oh and resistance vest for each class could be cool to with their own specific bonuses.

PvE: Since all zombies are melees, a ranged zombie would be a cool addition also a knock-back resistance could be useful too.

Misc: trap spotting and night vision, vision range kits could be a cool addition to the available kits also.

Oh and one more thing, i noticed that all of the clothing are for the head only, why not make some for the body too? So that clothing won't overlap with each other and look kinda funky.

Edited by The Wanderer, 19 May 2015 - 09:20 AM.

OmenXIII

OmenXIII
  • 13 posts

Ideas:

* Prototype weapons and gears from laboratories or military bases, very rare weapons, I mean like 1/25000 chance, with unique effects (exemple Chameleon armor that makes you a bit invisible, increase dodge rate by 30%)

* Unique buildings schematic that we find in missions, later we can build it in base = adds small % bonuses to base resources production or defense

* A mission with a Zombie behemoth boss, 10% chance to spawn, if not it will be a simple infected killing mission

* A small automatic tower that we can put on the ground, it will last for 3 mn

* Mines, we install on the ground, a bit useless but why not