Photo

Gear Wishlist - High Level Players

• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

Javier187

Javier187
  • 10 posts

I'd like to see some Level 40-50 Scavenger, Medic and Recon vest with melee resistance for PVE.   

q4norm

q4norm
  • 22 posts
I'd love to see some crazy active gear swag that you can only get from excelling at trips to the stadium.

-Maybe a Simpson's radiation stick that glows in the dark?
-Or 10% suppression football helmets, since it's a stadium - AND PUT THE NFL TEAM LOGOS ON THEM FOR THOSE OF US THAT ARE FANS .. OMG YES AWESOME I CAN HAVE A DALLAS COWBOYS HELMET! Except, copyright will kill that idea won't it? bahhhhh! Well, oh well.. You get the idea.. more sports clothing...
-Anything else that's just silly/fun active gear and has stats that don't make it garbage

K thx!

Ghost Recon

Ghost Recon
  • 577 posts

my wishlist item to  this game would be flash bangs because this will be a useful  item in raids to blind and stun defenders. 

CurrentM84FBG.jpg

Edited by Ghost Recon, 19 May 2015 - 04:06 PM.

slayerassassin1

slayerassassin1
  • 6 posts

Just a thought i had, not entirely sure if this is an option but,

how about the island location having NPC HERC enemies like when you assult a player compound.

That sort of well equiped NPC enemy.

It can be a increased rarity drop area because of the duifficulty but also have zombies attack at the same time going ater both player and NPC HERC troops.

kind of a 3 way war.

though gear wise i just want a full body armor with high melee and projectile resistance your leader can equip and actually see them wear like a titan on the battlefield.

or a new weapon like a riot sheild+pistol(or SMG) that gives an even greater projectile and melee resistance on top of armor or for without it. Lower dps for very high survivability.

zsoleszdc

zsoleszdc
  • 380 posts

Give us gear which glows in the dark, please.

ThuNderB0Lt

ThuNderB0Lt
  • 2 posts

How about dropping some KEYS? Got all kinds of boxes but not spending money for keys. Gloves and boots with melee bonus. Body armor that damages zombies in melee when contact made. Better helmets. Riot shields. Barrier enhancements for the compound. .50 cal stationary machine gun. A drone that sees zombies on the whole map.

Boomblast

Boomblast
  • 2 posts

I could really welcome some new schem's for lvl40+ ranged improvised weps ....and i also agree with the above mentioned gear's like lvl 40+ scav/heal vests with some HP upgrade ....I really do like crafting so the primary wish is the new schematics ! :) 

ruawizard

ruawizard
  • 426 posts

Triage kit, as active gear.  1-time use.  Would heal like 10% - 25% of health depending on quality of kit.  This would better allow a survivor to split off from the group during a raid.

kijhvitc

kijhvitc
  • 282 posts

I'd like to see some Level 40-50 Scavenger, Medic and Recon vest with melee resistance for PVE.   

yes

the problem with that is if you are lucky you already have an amazing scavenger vest. I happen to have a 74% health, 71% scavenge speed, and 2.5% move speed. not sure where you can go to beat that in a high level

Edited by kijhvitc, 19 May 2015 - 05:15 PM.

Revenant

Revenant
  • 437 posts

New active gear.

Remote bomb -- plant the bomb and trigger the explosion with a detonator.

Gas bomb ------- when thrown it disables the target, it can't attack for the duration of the gas. They can be attacked because the gas was not meant to cover (thin cover). infected and survivors with gas mask are not vulnerable.

New apparels

predator helm (its an actual bike helm) - silimar stats of other helmets.

predator003.gif

Riot shield.

hershelwise

hershelwise
  • 300 posts

Scav vests with melee resistance and med vests with reload speed :)

AZ Leader

AZ Leader
  • 190 posts

Riot shield would block suppression, but could be switched on and off, so if your running on the side of the compound you could still get hurt but you dodge 90% because of the riot shield, the riot shield would replace a gear, and would be mostly for scouting the building quickly without consequences

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME

joeIII

joeIII
  • 429 posts

Expendable vest.  Completely blocks damage from the first N projectile hits in each raid.

Why?  Rebalance away from high-damage low-firerate LRs;  away from spawn traps.  Add more variety to raiding.

Tino

Tino
  • 48 posts

Can we give PVE gear some love? I want some high level melee vests that add melee resistance and melee combat skill. We've still yet to have craftable versions of these. With crafting kits, we could really get some useful combinations.

Yes please.

It seems so far the best PvE melee armor drops at level 20-27

And the gear that seems to help most of my gun wielding survivors the most is a good bando, which is even lower level.

I think it's a bit sad I have to farm those levels if I want really good gear. I would love to see level 50+ alternatives that can at least compete to those.

Class specific if you have to.

As long as you don't make the melee vest recon only :P

Edited by Tino, 19 May 2015 - 07:27 PM.

Trent_RPD

Trent_RPD
  • 133 posts

Hello con, this is my opinion of what the game would need at high lv PvE

Right now i use 2 guy teams at lv 50 missions, 1 with a gun and the other is the scavenger with another gun or melee, something awesome that i would love to see is this;

-> Armor designed for scavenging including a mix of the following stats:
+scavenge speed (average-great unique bonus can reach 50-60%ish)
+melee resistance (can reach 50-60%ish or 70% if it doesn't make it op)
+10-20% knockback bonus 
-Move speed penalties or bonuses as you consider balanced-

->Riot helmet, or whatever helmet or mask you consider
+10-20% melee resistance/knockback (if you don't want to include KB in the armor)

->stun grenade, freeze grenade (?) 
grenade that explodes almost immediately, stun zeds for 3 seconds (?)
freeze grenade does the same with a smaller area of effect but for longer time (maybe freeze idea is a little much, don't hate me people, just throwing ideas)

->Energy bars, drinks or whatever you consider
restores HP, uses active gear slot, low carry limit

Why these? i don't think the game needs any more reloading gear/ranged combat stuff (for PvE), also the gear we have now is kinda ok for PvE but not quite, the armor-helmet would be the ultimate PvE equipment for high lv scavenging for me, the grenades would be really useful in my opinion and i would craft them for sure, HP restoring items? if i don't bring a medic to my missions and a rush get me in a bad spot my guys would get really damaged or die, also a HP restoring item would help a lot to those who can't afford some nice unique anti-infected equipment.

I use 2 man teams because i don't have DMU and this is the only way i can run 5 missions every 2 hours, it is risky for sure, specially if you get lag or you don't have nice guns. I hope you consider anything of these.

Red Skulll

Red Skulll
  • 6 posts

I donĀ“t have much needs, I just want a Crossbow, preferably one that can hit through multiple zombies in one shot.

deltaforcehunk

deltaforcehunk
  • 3 posts

I wish you could add knockback resistance with suppression resistance

I hate it when fat and bruiser zombies knockback my survivors

So for example:

Combat Helmets 10% suppression resistance / 10% knockback reistance

This makes sense too, because if you are hit in the head while wearing helmet, realistically, you shouldn't suffer a concussion, but then again, is this game even realistic...

Besides, this also gives suppression resistance items/gear more value in combat against infected, rather than just against other survivors in firefights

Wasted_daddo

Wasted_daddo
  • 22 posts

80-90% of my survivors use armors on raids. Looted (unique) armors have 4 important stats (proj/explo/suppr res & move speed), but the one that makes all others almost obsolete is the projectile resistance. So the gear for the island will need a projectile stat for it to become useful. I liked vyking's idea, the classes based armors.

We can also make some pretty good crafted armor combinations with the new kits: 70% projectile armor + 5% range or +2 carry limit are some of the more important ones. So if there will be new armors, then they'll have to be competitive with these as well. But then balance comes into play of course, because just boosting current stats will most likely cause problems. So perhaps the island could introduce some interesting combinations with a boosted stat and a nerfed stat, for example: a basic body armor with nerfed range (-10%), but with added health (+10-20%) or added suppression.

NightEagle smartest gamer evah.

gwn3030

gwn3030
  • 68 posts

WRT the Island.  I've always envisioned itas some kind of HERC strong-hold (or hold-out).  The outside is surrounded by zeds.  The inside also has typical zed groups but you would also encounter non-infected HERC.  They would be equipped with gear/weapons easily equal to or possibly superior to anything you might possess.  They would not always assault you like zeds but would try to defend maintaining cover and range.  You would have to defeat them in a progressive fashion making many visits to the island.  They have medics too and can heal so it would have to be done within some time limit and the longer you wait the more they recover.  (If you have a DMU then they can heal very fast too.)

For game play I like ackNnak's suggestion. It would give those of us that don't PVP a chance to fight 'humans'.

Gear:

How about low level (1) explosive traps (like at our compound) that we can take on a mission and place. Those are great from a visual standpoint (great job), so it would be nice to use those more often.

As other have said, flame weapons. As great a job as you did with 'explosives', the flame weapons should be awesome. Have a downside that if flaming Zs reach the survivors, they take enhanced damaged.

Level 45+ melee weapons (so a chance of getting uniques in those level range).

DJfriede

DJfriede
  • 888 posts

Triage kit, as active gear.  1-time use.  Would heal like 10% - 25% of health depending on quality of kit.  This would better allow a survivor to split off from the group during a raid.

This sounds very interesting. As Rua said, raiders could split up their teams, have one group suppress the defenders and move in with the other team (or even a single fighter). Right now that's a dangerous strategy because a medic is needed in both groups.