Photo

Survivor Psychology, Not Working.

Survivor PsychologyBug Book Error Glitch Unresponsive

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Gunner

Gunner
  • 18 posts

I'm reporting the fact that my Survivor Psychology book does not do what it says, increasing the effects of moral on survivors. I've looked at each one of my survivors, and it has absolutely no effect.

Example of Survivor morale boost with book equipped:
lgt450.png
ZG3CNEH.png
OboKnCK.png

Gunner

Gunner
  • 18 posts

Description of book, WHILE it is equipped:
lgt453.png

Example of Survivor morale boost with book unequipped; Same survivors as before:
8Zaal8c.png
lgt455.png
YNd9HxA.png

Thanks in advance for any help.

Gunner

Gunner
  • 18 posts

I posted the images in two posts because it said I put more images than it was allowed to, in the first post. Sorry for any confusion as to why there are two posts.

Dead Generations

Dead Generations
  • 1,076 posts

It's not working for me either, hm. . .

Edited by Dead Generations, 22 May 2013 - 07:19 PM.

latech2012

latech2012
  • 169 posts

did you two go on missions first? go on a manual mission in level 1, leave and speed up the travel time. You usually have to go on manual missions before the effect can take place

unchained

unchained
  • 116 posts

If it' s true than it's not the only book not working. Who knows how many books doesn't work....

http://forum.conarti...me-not-working/

latech2012

latech2012
  • 169 posts

Naw the book is working, its just that a person has to go on a manual mission first for the book to take effect...its been that way with this book since Con introduced books in DZ.

Gunner

Gunner
  • 18 posts

Naw the book is working, its just that a person has to go on a manual mission first for the book to take effect...its been that way with this book since Con introduced books in DZ.

Gladiator_Thumb_Down_01.gif
Just because something has been that way for a long time, does not make it right. For instance, look at slavery.
In any case, it's still a problem on many levels, and for many people. It does need to be fixed one way or another.
Edit:
I had my friend check to see if it requires going on a mission to activate it, and his book works fine without going outside of his compound. You're wrong.

Edited by Gunner, 22 May 2013 - 09:56 PM.

latech2012

latech2012
  • 169 posts

Ah that cute with the gif. Alright kid look here are two things Im going to tell you, ok listen up.

1. I have repeatedly asked Con to change the book so the effects can be immediate. After the injury update, I ask Con in chat to change the effects, of the book. Con flat out ignored my request and instead nerf the book. We're in the same boat together on this subject, so don't with the whole slavery thing. I'm just telling you how the book was and is since the beginning, you got? Moving along...

2. I forgot to mention in my previous post to do manual missions OR have a horde attack your compound in order to make the book work. Do me a favor, ask your friend if he has had a horde attack before he equipped the book. If so or if not, ask him to this for me: have him refresh his game, and start un/equipping the book to see if the book works. There are two outcomes:

a. The book works the way I said it, proving you and your friend wrong

b. The book works without doing the extra stuff, proving that for some it works and for others it doesn't

Edited by latech2012, 22 May 2013 - 10:42 PM.

Gunner

Gunner
  • 18 posts

Ah that cute with the gif. Alright kid look here are two things Im going to tell you, ok listen up.

1. I have repeatedly asked Con to change the book so the effects can be immediate. After the injury update, I ask Con in chat to change the effects, of the book. Con flat out ignored my request and instead nerf the book. We're in the same boat together on this subject, so don't with the whole slavery thing. I'm just telling you how the book was and is since the beginning, you got? Moving along...

2. I forgot to mention in my previous post to do manual missions OR have a horde attack your compound in order to make the book work. Do me a favor, ask your friend if he has had a horde attack before he equipped the book. If so or if not, ask him to this for me: have him refresh his game, and start un/equipping the book to see if the book works. There are two outcomes:

a. The book works the way I said it, proving you and your friend wrong

b. The book works without doing the extra stuff, proving that for some it works and for others it doesn't

Ehm...

1. I was using slavery as an example of things that had been going on for a long time, that weren't right. I wasn't saying that you were the cause of it, or blaming you in any way. It was just a good example at the time. The only point that I was trying to get across with that example was that no matter if things work a certain way, if it's a bad way of doing it, then it should be changed for the greater good of everyone. I didn't mean to offend you or make you defensive with my example.

2. I had my friend do what you asked, and it works without him having to refresh or get attacked, even when he refreshed the page. Meaning that since it works a certain way for different people, there is no right or wrong person here. I never said for you, that wouldn't work. I was simply stating it didn't work for me, and my friend didn't have to go through great lengths to make a book work that should already be working.

3. The gif was a joke, lighten up a bit. =Þ

latech2012

latech2012
  • 169 posts

You're wrong.

Yeah, I came at your neck because of this...hopefully I can get a vid up giving you a better understanding of the mechanics of the book

The Architect

The Architect
  • 2,995 posts

Doesn't that only subtracts from your TOTAL morale?

latech2012

latech2012
  • 169 posts

Doesn't that only subtracts from your TOTAL morale?

I doesnt take away from your total morale...it enhances the morale effect on many of your survivor's stats like movement and health, the max being 25%

Krysis

Krysis
  • 246 posts

did you two go on missions first? go on a manual mission in level 1, leave and speed up the travel time. You usually have to go on manual missions before the effect can take place

Doesn't matter whether you have to do a mission or not, or if you have to take steps to make the book 'work'

the fact that we have to follow your steps instead of it just immediately working as intended, means that there's a bug causing problems and it was right to be reported.

I don't get why people most of the time just butt in threads like these to tell people that their problem is wrong or its invalid when they're not even one of the staff to confirm whether or not it is the first place.

Edited by Krysis, 23 May 2013 - 12:45 PM.

Rain08

Rain08
  • 1,370 posts

Post by Con about that book not working, they already know it and they're fixing it, maybe the fix will come on the next update.
http://forum.conarti...update/?p=12572

Gunner

Gunner
  • 18 posts

Post by Con about that book not working, they already know it and they're fixing it, maybe the fix will come on the next update.

Thanks for the confirmation. Glad to know that con knows that this is a problem and it needs to be fixed.

mitak

mitak
  • 44 posts

You're not right. When i'm in the compound, i point the mouse over the equipped weapon of any survivor from the survivors menu. The book is already in use. No changes at this point. I see the damage per second that the weapon has when equipped on the survivor. Then go on a mission and use the option with the ctrl button to see the stats of the same weapon. The damage per second has increased. I don't use anatomy 101, so it isn't affecting the damage per second. The only reasonable explanation i can give is that the psychology book affects the ranged/melee skill of the person, and so the dmg per second of his/her weapon. And the book takes effect only on a mission.

Krysis

Krysis
  • 246 posts

You're not right. When i'm in the compound, i point the mouse over the equipped weapon of any survivor from the survivors menu. The book is already in use. No changes at this point. I see the damage per second that the weapon has when equipped on the survivor. Then go on a mission and use the option with the ctrl button to see the stats of the same weapon. The damage per second has increased. I don't use anatomy 101, so it isn't affecting the damage per second. The only reasonable explanation i can give is that the psychology book affects the ranged/melee skill of the person, and so the dmg per second of his/her weapon. And the book takes effect only on a mission.

It does that for me too, but it doesn't work for everyone, just as Rain said, it is a confirmed problem by the man himself. Unless of course youre trying to say Con is wrong about his own game.

Dead Generations

Dead Generations
  • 1,076 posts

I only do manual missions. . .

Edited by Dead Generations, 23 May 2013 - 03:28 PM.

mitak

mitak
  • 44 posts

It does that for me too, but it doesn't work for everyone, just as Rain said, it is a confirmed problem by the man himself. Unless of course youre trying to say Con is wrong about his own game.

Seems i'm wrong, you're right that it works for some players only. Now i've read what Con said-that the book is broken.

Edited by mitak, 23 May 2013 - 04:18 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Survivor PsychologyBug, Book, Error, Glitch, Unresponsive