Photo

Upgrading Items With -80% Fuel Costs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

iwong6

iwong6
  • 165 posts

Will Con ever be changing the limit? I remember the limits changed all the time during the history.

something like 50%, then 70& then 95% then 100% then now 80%.

so with a history of changing crafting costs limits, there might be another one. I just dont wanna get rid of my premium keys. if they're gonna change it

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,180 posts

There never was a limit previously  -- that was the the whole problem.

When the game first came out Crafting on the Cheap was the only option -- so 50% (max CoC) was "max".

Then alliance wars came out first with a 20% and then a 25% crafting boost -- so when combined with a 50% CoC, 70% and 75% became the new "max" respectively.

Then the 2013 Halloween boxes came out with a 20% Headless Handyman crafting bonus -- so 95% became the new "max"

Finally the Premium boxes came out with a 20% crafting bonus themselves -- so 100% became "max"

If the boosts and boxes had existed back when 50% CoC was the only option -- 100% would have been the "max" then too.

--  

Back when 50% was the only option a unique level 21 M24 was considered the top longrifle.  Using 50% Crafting on the Cheap it cost players 500 fuel to upgrade from level 20 to level 21.   It happened all the time -- and players considered it a bargain.

Now that Con has finally put in a limit of 80% it costs 490 fuel to upgrade a unique 107 from 49 to 50 when you stack boosts to reach the cap.  That's nearly the same as when the M-24 was king -- so in terms or cost we're back to where people used to consider it bargain to upgrade their top level weapons and gear.

Since we're back to that point, I don't see it changing anytime soon.

If Con has put in a limit in at the very start we wouldn't be having this discussion at all.   But he has a very bad habit of forgetting limits.

---

If at some point new higher level (60+) level weapons and gear come out, I can see Con raising the crafting cap, but note that would take an increase in level of about 50 (i.e. level 100 weapons) to warrant an increase of 10% in the crafting bonus while preserving a target of about 500 fuel for a top-level weapons/gears.

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

If Con has put in a limit in at the very start we wouldn't be having this discussion at all.   But he has a very bad habit of forgetting limits.

Blaine-This.gif