Photo

Last Stand Mobile Confirmed?

LastStand Last Stand Mobile

Best Answer Con , 22 June 2015 - 11:53 PM

Yeah, 100% not confirmed. 

When we started building Dead Zone nearly 4 years ago, mobile was nothing like it is today. There was no Clash of Clans, there was no Fire Age etc. So that was why we ended up building for browser. 

If we were to do Dead Zone on a mobile it'd have to be a slightly different game, a fresh start, built from the ground up, probably using Unity.

As Sev said, we still need to work on Dead Zone, it's still way more popular that we'd expected. So thanks for that, you guys :)

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Tucs_Man

Tucs_Man
  • 11 posts

So I asked Sev (worker at Con Artist) if they are going to make a new game soon. Here's his response http://imgur.com/PJe5YCt

Scrub McLordington LXIX

Scrub McLordington LXIX
  • 1,366 posts

NO, I don't want this game to be lowered to iPeasants and Shamsun Tablets!

Edited by Tacticool Trumpet, 22 June 2015 - 09:32 AM.

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

So I asked Sev (worker at Con Artist) if they are going to make a new game soon. Here's his response http://imgur.com/PJe5YCt

This does not confirm Last Stand Mobile. Read it again;

PJe5YCt.png

Nor does it confirm the next game in any detail, just that Sev would like to do it after this game is finished

Edited by LLiquid, 22 June 2015 - 11:43 AM.

MaxSheen

MaxSheen
  • 2,645 posts

NO, I don't want this game to be lowered to iPeasants and Shamsun Tablets!

Jerome, this could mean more advertising just by putting it on more platforms. 

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,762 posts

How on earth would this game be playable on a mobile phone? I see requests for this on Con's Facebook page and am always left feeling puzzled how you would actually be able to play it. 

MaxSheen

MaxSheen
  • 2,645 posts

How on earth would this game be playable on a mobile phone? I see requests for this on Con's Facebook page and am always left feeling puzzled how you would actually be able to play it. 

Some mobile users have phones so big they are "phablets", such as the iPhone6S and the Samsung Galaxy 6s. A bigger boon for mobile players would be having the game played on an iPad or any other big name tablet. 

Scrub McLordington LXIX

Scrub McLordington LXIX
  • 1,366 posts

Perhaps he'd remake the game on something that actually works....Unity 5 perhaps?

Although googling that makes it seem that 5 is currently horrible on mobile devices

Edited by Tacticool Trumpet, 22 June 2015 - 05:14 PM.

MaxSheen

MaxSheen
  • 2,645 posts

Perhaps he'd remake the game on something that actually works....Unity 5 perhaps?

Although googling that makes it seem that 5 is currently horrible on mobile devices

I believe Sev said that he wished that he and Con would have made the game on unity. But You are right about its mobile issues. Any other game engines that could work?

Edited by MaxSheen, 22 June 2015 - 10:45 PM.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,179 posts

Any developer with any shred of common sense always looking toward the next game -- even if they're not working on it right now.

Also any developer with any shred of common sense is looking at making any new venture "mobile compatible" - as that is the "hot" market right now.

---

Deadzone will not be a money maker forever so they will need a new project (at some point).

All Sev is saying is that the next game they work on (could be a sequel to Juggerdome for all we know) will be likely be mobile compatible.

How long that will be is anyone's guess.  Could be next year, could be three years from now (or more).

Con

Con
  • 4,275 posts
✓  Best Answer

When we started building Dead Zone nearly 4 years ago, mobile was nothing like it is today. There was no Clash of Clans, there was no Fire Age etc. So that was why we ended up building for browser. 

If we were to do Dead Zone on a mobile it'd have to be a slightly different game, a fresh start, built from the ground up, probably using Unity.

As Sev said, we still need to work on Dead Zone, it's still way more popular that we'd expected. So thanks for that, you guys :)

Tucs_Man

Tucs_Man
  • 11 posts

Thank you for the info con :) Keep up the good work and hopefully the next thing will come soon.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LastStand, Last, Stand, Mobile