Photo

Flash Player Update Bug

flash flash player bug update

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

whitecrow_

whitecrow_
  • 4 posts

I updated flash player yesterday and since then my game has been massively bugged. Update was to Plug-in version 11.7.700.203 from the one previous. Am on Mac running OSX 10.6.8 and never had any problems before. Usually play through Safari, have tried Chrome and Firefox as well with same issue. Cleared history/cache etc in player and browser several times with no luck.

Loads okay most times, though sometimes not at all. Compund view is often affected, or us fine and only bugs on missions. Cap is from a mission I just ran, was bugged as soon as I dropped in. Controls etc are fine, and when you mouse over HUD icons etc they show up in normal colors. Otherwise HUD is barely visible, colors are distorted, lots of jumpy changes in with any movement or interaction. Would be unplayable if I didn't know the interface so well.

9ieoh0.png

whitecrow_

whitecrow_
  • 4 posts

Just happened again when I dropped into a mission (third time today). Had just been leaving then coming back after a few mins, hoping it would fix itself the other times, but thought I would try to play through this time because I would still receive return time penalties for quitting during a mission. Was way to buggy, three survivors were downed on the first wave, the controls were unresponsive, thing's were flashing between being visible and invisible. The other two weren't affected, but one more was downed as I tried to exit, so now I'll have to deal with all those injuries when I log back in. Not happy, please respond.

2gtt7rb.png

Steve

Steve
  • 216 posts

Hey whitecrow_,

It is unfortunate that this has started happening. If updating Flash Player has caused this to start happening, the problem may be internal to Flash Player. Does this only happen on OS/X? Do you have access to Windows Machine with similar specs?

You could try reverting to 11.6 from 11.7 - You can access archived versions of Flash Player from Adobe's offical page here: http://helpx.adobe.c...r-versions.html

You may need to uninstall your current Flash Player version before an older will allow installation. You can view the Mac OS/X uninstall instructions here: http://helpx.adobe.c...yer-mac-os.html

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: flash, flash player, bug, update