1141 replies to this topic

sarahhhh

sarahhhh
  • 23 posts

CANT WAIT !

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,149 posts

Can you get HERC or infected at the same time? 

Or is it strictly one or the other?

Ghost Recon

Ghost Recon
  • 505 posts

hey con how do we get points  when we attack union island?

Trent_RPD

Trent_RPD
  • 133 posts

They're hard. I struggle to complete them with average gear, but I'm also terrible at raiding. How difficult it will be will depend on a few things. 

- The maps are randomised, so you'll get a different mix of Infected or HERC maps each time

- The layouts are randomised, enemy positions can change too

- Did I mention there's traps? Yeah, they move around as well

The idea is that you'll have to be prepared for both outcomes. You go in with all long rifles, you're probably going to end up as HERC infected food. 

Sounds like i'm gonna have a chance at least,  thanks for the info con. 

Scrub McLordington LXIX

Scrub McLordington LXIX
  • 1,366 posts

I'm assuming that after the Raid "ends" the Island will stay open as a loot spot right?

Con

Con
  • 4,050 posts

Can you get HERC or infected at the same time? 

Or is it strictly one or the other?

It's one or the other. We wanted to have a hard line between the two types of missions.

Anderill

Anderill
  • 187 posts

Hmmm, will there be destructible stuff? If we need to bring anti Barricade or Tower Explosives, or a Sword instead of the shield and hammer... Sounds good!

AND BOWS!

Con

Con
  • 4,050 posts

I'm assuming that after the Raid "ends" the Island will stay open as a loot spot right?

You know what they say about assuming ;)

You can only loot when you're doing the raid, which is limited to a 24 hour cycle for everyone. We have done this very intentionally. 

MaxSheen

MaxSheen
  • 2,621 posts

Is the island the LAST update? 

Edited by MaxSheen, 13 July 2015 - 02:29 AM.

Scrub McLordington LXIX

Scrub McLordington LXIX
  • 1,366 posts

@Con, yeah i figured that.

But is there an End? i mean, what happens with the Island once all 3 locations are secured by the survivors...

Are we going to roll the credits? Or is this going to be a forever-flowing event that keeps happening? I guess it'd be the latter, since players that haven't joined now would probably want to do something like this later.

Then again: I'd like to be able to say: "I witnessed the raid on HERC young grasshoppers."

Con

Con
  • 4,050 posts

But is there an End? i mean, what happens with the Island once all 3 locations are secured by the survivors...

The Dead Zone is eternal. :)

bob sagad

bob sagad
  • 271 posts

Yes 107 price will increase coz all thse PVE players want them now

They're hard. I struggle to complete them with average gear, but I'm also terrible at raiding. How difficult it will be will depend on a few things. 

- The maps are randomised, so you'll get a different mix of Infected or HERC maps each time

- The layouts are randomised, enemy positions can change too

- Did I mention there's traps? Yeah, they move around as well

The idea is that you'll have to be prepared for both outcomes. You go in with all long rifles, you're probably going to end up as HERC infected food. 

Yeah my SVD would be nice for this too lol coz it can work in PVP or PVE(I still use it for both just that ammo cost lol)

Ivan

Ivan
  • 555 posts

Assuming we succesfuly complete an island raid and get the max haul unique item will that affect our chances to roll another unique while playing normal city maps?

If so, that may result in people playing only the island raids, or if they want to focus more on finding lower lvl items avoiding island raids completely.

I personally feel that would be bad. Wouldnt want to see an island being a restriction in item finding strats we use in any way. Would be much better if it was something of a bonus, an icing on the cake of Dead Zone if i can put it that way.

rachel_e

rachel_e
  • 180 posts

let's say i get through two of the areas of the raid, and i find some sweet items, but i fail to survive the last area...do i get to keep my items or do i lose them?

Trent_RPD

Trent_RPD
  • 133 posts

let's say i get through two of the areas of the raid, and i find some sweet items, but i fail to survive the last area...do i get to keep my items or do i lose them?

goood question! i was wondering that too :s i'm sure i will probably Fail miserably many times so i hope i can keep the stuff u_u but if it is like normal missions we won't keep them ;_; 

Cameron_R_Craig

Cameron_R_Craig
  • 223 posts

So when you say that we're locked into it until we either complete or fail it, does that mean that we have to play all three raiding missions Individually?

Or do we have to play through all three of them in one big sitting - without any breaks, chances to change gear/weaponry, or time to heal?

Edited by Cameron_R_Craig, 13 July 2015 - 02:57 AM.

ackNnak

ackNnak
  • 51 posts

Con, this looks great!  I can't wait to try my first raid.

Scrub McLordington LXIX

Scrub McLordington LXIX
  • 1,366 posts

Minor Detail here, the first few pictures from the loading screen we're dated 2018.

I assume they are showing the aftermath of the shit that's about to hit the fan.

Con

Con
  • 4,050 posts

So when you say that we're locked into it until we either complete or fail it, does that mean that we have to play all three raiding missions Individually?

Or do we have to play through all three of them in one big sitting - without any breaks, chances to change gear/weaponry, or time to heal?

The missions can be played at your leisure. But, you cannot change weapons or gear, or heal injuries in between. The survivors are LOCKED to the Raid until you complete it or abandon.

All part of the challenge :)

Smok3ydapanda

Smok3ydapanda
  • 14 posts

Had this same question pop into my mind XD.

Assuming we succesfuly complete an island raid and get the max haul unique item will that affect our chances to roll another unique while playing normal city maps?