Photo

Raid On Union Island

• Please log in to reply
1142 replies to this topic

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,134 posts

The missions can be played at your leisure. But, you cannot change weapons or gear, or heal injuries in between. The survivors are LOCKED to the Raid until you complete it or abandon.

All part of the challenge :)

So in other words, if you use up your grenades in bridge entry, you won't have any available for the compound?

Ivan

Ivan
  • 542 posts

Had this same question pop into my mind XD.

You know what they say about great minds.. :D

Hope we get an answer, cause all the rest of the stuff we will be able to spot once we play it. This one is a bit harder to see.

Also wondering if in the case the island reward doesnt affect city uni drops. Does the uni found in an island container do it or not. In other words is the island a completely separate cathegory regarding the uni rolls or is it completely integrated with the city, raid haul reward and normal container loot alike.

Con

Con
  • 4,020 posts

Any rewards you get from the Raid Haul won't affect your drop chances on regular missions. 

Con

Con
  • 4,020 posts

So in other words, if you use up your grenades in bridge entry, you won't have any available for the compound?

Correct. 

On that note too, we only apply the ammo cost once and it only counts as a single mission.

jonaako

jonaako
  • 26 posts

go with violet buldog all the way with assult kit in it + glasses lvl 21 crafted with assult kit also that will work cause bulldog violet is stronger than lvl 48 lr unique oh yea forgot bring atleast 1 survivor with unique lmg

Edited by jonaako, 13 July 2015 - 03:30 AM.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,134 posts

How will bows/crossbows work in regards to ammo?

Con

Con
  • 4,020 posts

They use ammo like the firearms, but the cost is fairly low to account for the fact that you'd be able to "reclaim" bolts / arrows.

Smok3ydapanda

Smok3ydapanda
  • 14 posts

They use ammo like the firearms, but the cost is fairly low to account for the fact that you'd be able to "reclaim" bolts / arrows.

What class are going to specialize in them =D wouldn't mind some time to respec some survivors before the update if needed to use the bows.

Con

Con
  • 4,020 posts

What class are going to specialize in them =D wouldn't mind some time to respec some survivors before the update if needed to use the bows.

Excellent question :D

It's scavengers. We figured they're the most hunter'ish types.

Smok3ydapanda

Smok3ydapanda
  • 14 posts

Excellent question :D

It's scavengers. We figured they're the most hunter'ish types.

Good to know i was thinking the same but i don't have any scavs atm. time to do some retraining.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,134 posts

Side note:

The clear images of the splash screens we were trying to figure out are obviously the bridge, monument and compound loading screens.   Highly amusing that the "body"/"car" of the first few scrambled pictures is actually nothing more than wall of sandbags.

Just outta curiosity...

Who's voice was on the Zero Niner and Zero Six frequencies respectively?   Guessing one was Con and one was Sev....

Scrub McLordington LXIX

Scrub McLordington LXIX
  • 1,366 posts

For all i know, it might've been Microsoft sam....

Are we going to see any new HERC-Issue stuff, maybe those Mark II's (gib scopd 24A2 pls)?

And will we get a new inventory upgrade to accomodate all this new stuff?

Finally:

Are the bows going to get their own type of ammo mods?

Poison tips, sharpened etc.?

Or are we going to fire those .50 caliber bullets with our bows, like we used to attach them to our melee weapons for more damage.

Edited by Tacticool Trumpet, 13 July 2015 - 03:57 AM.

AZ Leader

AZ Leader
  • 147 posts

Con I know you took gear suggestions before, but can you please re-invent the police vest because I loved the idea of looking like the police or swat. that to me was awesome, just a bit of diversity and life brought to the armor. Maybe also you add pants and shirts now too?

DZplayer

DZplayer
  • 361 posts

Does anyone recognize that 5th gun in the picture of the original post? it looks like an ar556

but slightly different

Edited by DZplayer, 13 July 2015 - 04:09 AM.

STARK

STARK
  • 33 posts
Omg con this is gonna be awesome can't wait to get back to the game and try it out

DZplayer

DZplayer
  • 361 posts

Omg con this is gonna be awesome can't wait to get back to the game and try it out

STARK!!!!!

HOW ARE YOU????

If you come online PM ME!!!

STARK

STARK
  • 33 posts
Lol I'm on my phone but we will be back soon voids doing better and this just made us want to come back faster. how are u doing how's everyone we miss u guys

Definitely not Xaro Jones

Definitely not Xaro Jones
  • 107 posts

This update looks truly excellent.

If you can't heal during the mission - I take it Medics are near-useless?

Con

Con
  • 4,020 posts

This update looks truly excellent.

If you can't heal during the mission - I take it Medics are near-useless?

You can heal, you just can't fix any injuries your survivors have. We've found medics to be kind of essential.

Konkan

Konkan
  • 7 posts

You can heal, you just can't fix any injuries your survivors have. We've found medics to be kind of essential.

Con, wait can't we just bring our leader to do the healing? or having a medic on the team will benifit us greatly?