Photo

End Of Adobe Flash?

Flash

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

ackNnak

ackNnak
  • 51 posts

The recently discovered 0-day Hacking Team flash exploits have brought new focus on the vulnerabilities of flash.  Firefox (Mozilla) blacklisted it twice in the last two days.  Adobe quickly patched the exploits but who knows what other holes they may have opened up.  Google already sand-boxes flash for Chrome (which is good) but is indicating implementing much more limits and restrictions.  This is probably the prevailing trend for the future for all supported browsers.  There seems to be new and growing support for Adobe to announce an end day.  I know this game and so many others are deeply dependent on flash.

Con, are there any migration plans should the worse come true or are we rapidly approaching the day where we can choose to run the game using an insecure but functional version of flash OR have a secure but crippled version that basically prohibits game play?

Edited by ackNnak, 15 July 2015 - 03:13 AM.

mtimmins92

mtimmins92
  • 77 posts

my flash is on chrome lol, good browser - once tried that firefox

MaxSheen

MaxSheen
  • 2,626 posts

This is something to keep an eye on. Con built the game in flash, should Firefox pull the plug on flash the future looks bleak.

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 806 posts

I am seriously wondering what the next TLS game will be...

jonaako

jonaako
  • 26 posts

no i think Firefox is considering using pepper flash too its googles flash but it will run better on chrome and has no vounerabilities

Raanie

Raanie
  • 10 posts

All I hope is that it will be better after changing from Adobe.

Lag is common, but time periods of over 20 seconds of the game frozen up during missions?

The last few days bring more and more adobe crashes also.

No matter the change, it should be a good one.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Flash