Photo

Tac-blade Damage Problem

items Tac-Blade DPS

Best Answer Kithraya , 26 August 2015 - 07:50 AM

First of all i apologize in advance if this is already been asked or discussed.

I've recently found a few unique Tac-blades that have much higher DPS (number shown on inventory page...) than my crafted swords crafted in prehistorical times...

However, i've noticed that when i equip the new Tac-Blade to my fighters, the new shiny blades actually have lower DPS than i thought it would be (lower than the crafted swords), even though the fighter is specialized in both weapons.

Example:

LV 51 Fighter with no melee bonus (no gear equipped)

Crafted sword (on paper): 240.2 DPS

Equipped = 517 DPS

Unique Tac-Blade (on paper): 296.1 DPS

Equipped = 397 DPS

ummm. Is this normal?

Whats weapon aps? Perhaps your crfated sword has lower dmg but attack faster

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

MC24

MC24
  • 9 posts

I've recently found a few unique Tac-blades that have much higher DPS (number shown on inventory page...) than my crafted swords crafted in prehistorical times...

However, i've noticed that when i equip the new Tac-Blade to my fighters, the new shiny blades actually have lower DPS than i thought it would be (lower than the crafted swords), even though the fighter is specialized in both weapons.

Example:

Equipped = 517 DPS

Equipped = 397 DPS

ummm. Is this normal?

Kithraya

Kithraya
  • 25 posts
✓  Best Answer

Example:

Equipped = 517 DPS

Equipped = 397 DPS

ummm. Is this normal?

I C U Koed

I C U Koed
  • 111 posts

I'm afraid that's not possible, the base aps of a tac-blade is already higher than a max craft sword.

MC24

MC24
  • 9 posts

1.43 For the unique Tac-Blade and 0.87 for crafted sword...

Yet the Crafted sword still outperform the Tac-Blade in such scale...?

That's what I don't understand

314R

314R
  • 95 posts

http://image.noelsha...439917474-2.jpg

This is a sword and a tac equipped on an engi, it's the same thing on a fighter.
Tac are good for scav, recon, and medic. Blue swords are still the best weapons for the other classes

I posted this on item balance - raid on union island, but people only complain about their masks and bows there. :P

Edited by 314R, 26 August 2015 - 10:09 AM.

MC24

MC24
  • 9 posts

http://image.noelsha...439917474-2.jpg

This is a sword and a tac equipped on an engi, it's the same thing on a fighter.
Tac are good for scav, recon, and medic. Blue swords are still the best weapons for the other classes

I posted this on item balance - raid on union island, but people only complain about their masks and bows there. :P

Aye... Its sad the High tier unique tac-blade is not even better than my lv 45 crafted sword.... Those blades are what i've been getting from the raid! =="

Ozwan Roxer

Ozwan Roxer
  • 6 posts

Why the SWORD has better DPS when equiped on a FIGHTER than Uni Tac-Blade? Its simple. Because Sword is an IMPROVISED weapon, while Tac-Blade is not. Noticed that our fighter has insanely high IMPROVISED COMBAT stats, even ENGINEER itself cannot surpass them. Combine with high MELEE COMBAT make the output even better than LOOTABLE counterpart, in this case Tac-Blade. So in conclusion, nothing's wrong with Tac-Blade. Try to equip them on Medic, then U will notice that it has better DPS output compare with Crafted Sword, its all because MEDIC has lower IMPROVISED COMBAT. Hope that help. :)

MC24

MC24
  • 9 posts

Why the SWORD has better DPS when equiped on a FIGHTER than Uni Tac-Blade? Its simple. Because Sword is an IMPROVISED weapon, while Tac-Blade is not. Noticed that our fighter has insanely high IMPROVISED COMBAT stats, even ENGINEER itself cannot surpass them. Combine with high MELEE COMBAT make the output even better than LOOTABLE counterpart, in this case Tac-Blade. So in conclusion, nothing's wrong with Tac-Blade. Try to equip them on Medic, then U will notice that it has better DPS output compare with Crafted Sword, its all because MEDIC has lower IMPROVISED COMBAT. Hope that help. :)

Thank you for your help. i think that answer the question. Though i hope the high lvl unique tac-blade can do a bit better ... haha

Lefty_Grimes

Lefty_Grimes
  • 290 posts

Try to equip them on Medic, then U will notice that it has better DPS output compare with Crafted Sword, its all because MEDIC has lower IMPROVISED COMBAT. Hope that help. :)

I've noticed that. My best unique Tac Blade is better than my worst Sword when equipped on my Medic. I typically run all melee auto-missions and go for the highest DPS I can get. My Recons all wear decent Recon vests, so the Improvised Combat bonus makes swords a better option for them. My Scavenger uses a +15% APS/+25% Damage crafted bonus Sword, so that's a much better option than any Tac Blade I have.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: items, Tac-Blade, DPS