Photo

Bounty Bugged Or Pure Unlucky?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Larama

Larama
  • 3 posts

Doing bounty quests today - required 5 Bruisers in Pinedale. Hit 7 locations (had 50% return time effect book) on there just got 1 bruisers and I ran out of time. And this is the only one left to complete. Someone had any issue like this before or I am just pure unlucky? QQ

joeIII

joeIII
  • 429 posts

That's a known and easily fixed error (bug, mistake?).  But Con hasn't fixed it, and presumably won't.  Don't know why.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,177 posts

You're unlucky or you doing something to stack the deck against you.

It rarely takes me more than 4 missions to complete a bounty simply by doing noting more than sitting in the exit zone once all containers are searched till the clock runs out on each mission.   I often complete a bounty in 1-2 missions, just by doing that.

You can stack the deck against yourself by:

1) Using the book "Martial Law in the Apocalypse"  -- while good for XP, this book will make it hard to get any other type of rare zombie other than military ones.

2) Not letting the mission timer run out -- if you searching all containers in 2-3 minutes then departing immediately for the next mission you're leaving 4-5 minutes of zombie killing time on the table.  By leaving more than half the mission time on the table, you'd be effect running fewer missions (and seeing fewer zombies) than if you ran the clock out on half as many.

joeIII

joeIII
  • 429 posts

The best answer is 'both unlucky and a "bug"' I guess.

Most of the time, its quick and easy.  Sometimes its much harder.  Sometimes its literally impossible.  Check out the curves, and remember there's a long tail out there:

https://en.wikipedia...on_distribution

It seems that anytime something will be unduly hard and frustration (or even impossible) its less than brilliant game design.  We've got a dopaminergic reward system, we like things to be possible if we work hard enough.  But Con designed it so that sometimes that ain't gunna happen.  "Bug", "sloppy coding", "building tougher players": not sure what you'd call it but its there. 

HECU_Guy

HECU_Guy
  • 110 posts

That's a known and easily fixed error (bug, mistake?).  But Con hasn't fixed it, and presumably won't.  Don't know why.

just imitate my example and begin to ignore infected bounties ... I have done this and obtained great results in terms of new unique weapons I was needing desperatedly! :P

314R

314R
  • 95 posts

link between infected bounties and uni drops?