Try And Beat My Time?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Rage VG

Rage VG
  • 1 posts

My current best: Day 3 - 10:40AM

m8jWSRo.png?1

Just over 3 ingame days from beginning to right before I got on the boat (Monument, Union Island).

I got pretty lucky and got a Katana drop in the subway, which beats out a crowbar anyday. Shame I didn't get it earlier, but it was useful into I got ahold of my Spec Ops UMP45.

The time can 110% be improved (I dun goof'd a few times and actually died at one point) so I'll probably update with a better time later.

wBrianthepyro

wBrianthepyro
  • 8 posts

oh wow, we posted about speedrunning the game within like an hour of each other, I haven't done my runs through in game time but my best time was 15m 49s, i'm not sure how that converts into the in game time but I'll see if I can beat it :D

wBrianthepyro

wBrianthepyro
  • 8 posts

I found my old saves, this being my best time ingame, and it was probably the 15m49s
union%20city.jpg_zps6abaecnh.png

Maybe we can compare routes and see if we can do even better?
My starting stats are always 5 strength, 10 perception, 10 endurance, 1 intelligence, and 9 luck, and I picked +Blunt for the crowbar, +Pistols +Automatics and +Fitness for sprinting

wBrianthepyro

wBrianthepyro
  • 8 posts

I cant get my old screenshot, but I did it in 1 day.

I THINK.

Finishing on Day 1 seems pretty doubtful unless there were glitches exploited (which is fine unless the game is "hacked"), but if that's true that'd be pretty awesome, and I'd love to know how you did it! I'm not sure how the ingame time compares to real time, but that'd be at least 22 hours in-game time off my record if it's finished on Day 1

wBrianthepyro

wBrianthepyro
  • 8 posts

that's not helpful for speedrunning though, as it's better to just not get Kelly because she takes like 20-30 seconds to grab, and hank takes waaay too long, probably like 3 minutes if you rush to the room with his quest item

wBrianthepyro

wBrianthepyro
  • 8 posts

I still remember its just about day 2, its 11:59 of day 1 as I got on. SO CLOSE.

That'd be at least a full seven minute improvement over my time, so you have to get a screenshot of it for it to be verified, because that's VERY unlikely if you didn't use any glitches or cheat. In other news, i got a new personal best ingame time
10%2011pm%20union%20city.jpg_zpsm95v825g

A Real Renegade

A Real Renegade
  • 491 posts

Impossible to finish on day 1, I just tried and got day 3 2:42 and day 3 1:43 I have video if anyone wants proof, I'm sure I can cut it down to 2 days 11 hours with practice but day one 11:59? You're a lying piece of trash, The Conspiracy Guy/Conartistsupporter You're one of a total of 4 players I've seen who've been stupid and annoying enough to block, so welcome to the list and before you jump to conclusions it's not just this post, the crap you spew is disgusting.

Got to 3 days 12:12 so close to 2 D:

Edited by OrangeDuck, 05 November 2015 - 07:23 AM.

wBrianthepyro

wBrianthepyro
  • 8 posts

Impossible to finish on day 1, I just tried and got day 3 2:42 and day 3 1:43 I have video if anyone wants proof, I'm sure I can cut it down to 2 days 11 hours with practice but day one 11:59? You're a lying piece of trash, The Conspiracy Guy/Conartistsupporter You're one of a total of 4 players I've seen who've been stupid and annoying enough to block, so welcome to the list and before you jump to conclusions it's not just this post, the crap you spew is disgusting.

Got to 3 days 12:12 so close to 2 D:

-snip-

The video is listed as private, if you can fix that i'll try to offer any advice i can give to improve that time

and yeah you're probably right about him but i wouldn't be so hostile towards him for it

Edited by wBrianthepyro, 05 November 2015 - 07:39 AM.

A Real Renegade

A Real Renegade
  • 491 posts

Try now should work, don't know how it got to private or why it's only in 360p sometimes yt is a bitch -_-

wBrianthepyro

wBrianthepyro
  • 8 posts

yup it works, a few things i noticed, it's best to not loot anything at the beginning (except zombie drops) until the crowbar in the room you have to unlock near the end of that area. You did good with the entrance to brookvale, getting the forget to level achieve, but when you grabbed security, searching, and first aid, i feel like you'd be better off in the long run just getting fitness, those things you got just lead to you taking more stops and thus adding time to the run. I also recommend not stopping to inspect the signs in the hospital or anywhere unless its required, as it'll give you an achievement with little exp gain, if you collect too many achieves in a run, you'll get a pop-up for getting one of the achievement weapons. Same with death from above, try to avoid that, especially since jumping costs stamina. in the first HERC room, i recommend not even going down that hall, just grab the info and leave, it's possible to not even have to kill the guy in the room with it. I'll watch the second half later, sorry if i'm unloading too much criticism at once, just trying to help as much as i can

Buue

Buue
  • 657 posts

CALM DOWN. plz. its not like I offended you or something.
ok, the reason I didnt put a screenshot is becuz im a noob and becuz my computer got weird bugs in it.
also because that was my old computer and this is my new. I didnt get anything from the files out to my new so I cant prove it.and that one is dead since its so old.
if u dont believe it then dont, why start talking acid? also, I did not jump to anything. I am not gonna start a flame war so thank you for your comment.
also, if u cant prove that im "stupid and annoying" and that "the crap you spew is disgusting" and "you're a lying piece of trash" then dont say that.
(and as to why I didnt reply immediately is because im busy)

I THINK.

YOU THINK
so: 1) You don't even know if you did it in one day
2) This comment is retarded since a computer with bugs can still be able to at least post a link to imgur or something
3) Your first comment can prove how much trash you post. Before spewing out random crap, make sure you can support your crap.

Buue

Buue
  • 657 posts

CALM DOWN. plz. its not like I offended you or something.
ok, the reason I didnt put a screenshot is becuz im a noob and becuz my computer got weird bugs in it.
also because that was my old computer and this is my new. I didnt get anything from the files out to my new so I cant prove it.and that one is dead since its so old.
if u dont believe it then dont, why start talking acid? also, I did not jump to anything. I am not gonna start a flame war so thank you for your comment.
also, if u cant prove that im "stupid and annoying" and that "the crap you spew is disgusting" and "you're a lying piece of trash" then dont say that.
(and as to why I didnt reply immediately is because im busy)

I THINK.

YOU THINK
so: 1) You don't even know if you did it in one day
2) This comment is retarded since a computer with bugs can still be able to at least post a link to imgur or something
3) Your first comment can prove how much trash you post. Before spewing out random crap, make sure you can support your crap.

Daedlus

Daedlus
  • 2 posts

I got you both beat 14:44.9

Day 2 9:28pm

I know that its been along time but, i don't care.

Edited by Daedlus, 21 April 2017 - 01:38 PM.