Photo

Who Supports Removal Of White Flags?

Raiding PvP White Flag Alliance War Alliances

Best Answer Lefty_Grimes , 18 September 2015 - 04:20 PM

You can't force us to remove our White Flags as just like we can't force you to break your larger, top alliances into smaller ones. Maybe we might just settle into the realization that the raiding aspect of this game isn't as big as you all thought it was?

Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

JCBecks

JCBecks
  • 272 posts

-- SNIPPIDY DOO DA --

Edited by JCBecks, 02 December 2015 - 08:09 PM.

Rainwater

Rainwater
  • 118 posts

POPULAR

I do not support this at all .

JCBecks

JCBecks
  • 272 posts

I do not support this at all .

You're a horrible reader...

Ceddess

Ceddess
  • 10 posts

I am not agree with you. People have right to not want to do war. Even in big some people use wf. CON should give more targets list and more point value.

crazyeightyfive

crazyeightyfive
  • 266 posts

What kind of reaction did you expect JC?

Previous, similar thread on screwing with White Flag: http://forum.conarti...like-seriously/

I think 62 Downvotes says more than I ever could...

Jakea031

Jakea031
  • 39 posts

Granted you probably think its a good idea and will make the game more connected as more people will be literally forced to raid and be raided, but what about people like me who go away for literally weeks at a time? I don't spent money on the game so I will never be able to save up for a vacation book, and it took me long enough to save up for white flag , or how many people call it "wimp flag" the current system is fine, the only problem is when people bad mouth or you want to trash an alliance, and they have white flag. White flag was made for a reason, and it's not like everyone owns it.

also to your first point, very valid actually. to your second, all this will do is split people who want to be together, I am with many friends who raid and don't raid, and it would suck to have to split. to your third comment, If you think being in an unranked alliance or low ranked does not get you raided.. you need to really take a long look at how raiding works.. and your "support" to vacation books, not everyone is fuel rich, and this game is amazing already, making it a pay to win would suck, the current stance of this game is great, any chance would just make it bad, in terms of making it a pay to win.

have a good day ^_^​​

JCBecks

JCBecks
  • 272 posts

One of the things that bothers me is that members of top ranking alliances complain non stop about lack of targets... yet they had members with White Flag. Seems a bit ironic to me.

Jakea031

Jakea031
  • 39 posts

have you not noticed that the top alliances tend to have all of the high ranking players in their alliance? for example, the top alliance has 23 level 50's currently? and the second has 21? or roughly those numbers.. imagine if alliances was made to 10 players instead, this would solve your problem as there would be more alliances to raid. and if you don't want to be split up, I guess that's tough, because every post like this there is always an "idea" of make white flags unable to join alliances, and hey, if we would have to do it, why cant you guys, I'm not trying to start an argument, but its clear that you have not thought this through, instead of trying to make everyone else lose something, why not think about what you can lose first? then I and many others will take you seriously, as right now all these "ban white flags as I have no one to raid" just seems like a kid complaining, and if it bothers you that much to the point you want to change the game, why not leave your alliances and start your own? I guarantee  you will have plenty of targets.

KaliOneiros

KaliOneiros
  • 4 posts

have you not noticed that the top alliances tend to have all of the high ranking players in their alliance? for example, the top alliance has 23 level 50's currently? and the second has 21? or roughly those numbers.. imagine if alliances was made to 10 players instead, this would solve your problem as there would be more alliances to raid. and if you don't want to be split up, I guess that's tough, because every post like this there is always an "idea" of make white flags unable to join alliances, and hey, if we would have to do it, why cant you guys, I'm not trying to start an argument, but its clear that you have not thought this through, instead of trying to make everyone else lose something, why not think about what you can lose first? then I and many others will take you seriously, as right now all these "ban white flags as I have no one to raid" just seems like a kid complaining, and if it bothers you that much to the point you want to change the game, why not leave your alliances and start your own? I guarantee  you will have plenty of targets.

Interesting idea! What do you think about reducing the number of people in each clan to ten, Con?

Jakea031

Jakea031
  • 39 posts

"Apparently some radical White Flag proponents out there. How about a compromise? Perhaps that once an alliance reaches a particular rank, white flags need to be removed or a system that penalizes warring alliances with members that have White Flag?" ... see? now this is actually a good idea, I try and make sure my alliance does not go other #75 (as in if they go to 74# I make them stop raiding etc) this could actually work, but it would be hard to set up and probably be hell for the admins. how about make it if you go over say #25 ? you cant have white flag, because all those one man alliances etc would be safe, as would those alliances with like 2 raiders and 10 white flaggers. :D

Salacious

Salacious
  • 68 posts

I support bigger raiding incentives.

Let me ask you a question, when war rewards boxes were first added to the game, was there more raiders than ever, or less raiders then ever?

Unfortunately since then the novelty of the box has worn off.  Originally it was fuel with a promise of items added later.  The items added ended up being crafting kits that are largely useless to top tier raiders.  The only crafting kit I see on raidres is the Scouter Kit and you can't get that one from a war reward box.

The boxes also have upgrade tokens.  I've recieved 2 unique tokens from 300 point boxes since they were added to them.  This is really not worth the effort involved.  Each round people get wiser and wiser to the fact that raiding just isn't worth the time invested.  Other than bragging rights, what is the point?  Almost all the fuel generators during war are empty.  Most of the bases have low resources after day one.  If you want fuel you actually have to hit people on compound list with no alliance.  What exactly is the goal if you're not in a top 3 alliance.  I personally use war to get food and water and hit 300 box, that's it.

I'm getting way more from the island daily than I am from an entire week of raiding.  Raiding a high level player's base is far more difficult than shooting 2 unarmored HERC at a time.  Risk versus reward is lopsided here.  The island is very good don't get me wrong, but it is not training for raiding and it has not encouraged people to raid.

I still say add better rewards for raiding, and people will atleast attempt to raid.

JCBecks

JCBecks
  • 272 posts

and if it bothers you that much to the point you want to change the game, why not leave your alliances and start your own? I guarantee  you will have plenty of targets.

Ah man, that's an incredible idea. Why didn't I think of that?

Oh wait...

LDNjzVN.png

Also, I still don't have any targets ranked as low as I am currently... so, about that.

Lefty_Grimes

Lefty_Grimes
  • 290 posts
✓  Best Answer

POPULAR

You can't force us to remove our White Flags as just like we can't force you to break your larger, top alliances into smaller ones. Maybe we might just settle into the realization that the raiding aspect of this game isn't as big as you all thought it was?

Edited by Lefty_Grimes, 18 September 2015 - 04:22 PM.

Jakea031

Jakea031
  • 39 posts

meh, i understand your problem, but if more people do smaller alliances, you would have more targets. I'm just going to resort to "don't make a YOU problem an US problem" any change and people will disagree, if it stays the same people will disgaree, like us, i have whiteflag as when i first had it i was a college student with a job, no way could i play enough to protect myself, whiteflag helped me gain fuel and now I'm level 55 with some damn good gear, without it, i would not be able to play the game as I would of had to keep healing survivors and fixing defence, because as we all know, if you can keep getting a flag from an easy target, you are going to do it. Your problem and many others having this problem will just have to accept, either more players need to play this game and be level 50 or so, the alliances need to dispand and create seperate ones so that you can raid people you know are level 50 etc (i know this does not apply to you) or the mature idea you had of putting on a cap when the alliance reaches a certain # ... all of which will make someone unhappy, but removing WF all together.. dumb idea, that's like saying lets remove DMU... its unfair that players can get 5 minute return times, I mean I have to wait 2 hours to have a very very very slim chance of getting a uni, and a DMU ? if they don't get one, hey, just loot another building, or another example, some people don't have OP LR's... why is there not a cap to stop a guy with a 47 range LR from raiding a guy with a 35 ... you know, such as me, in the end the admins work hard to make this game great, but everyone has different ideas of "great" you will never be able to make everyone happy, and nor should you try. Also for the love of god, stop putting things like remove white flag.. or ideas like "black flag" or the idea of having 2 servers, one for raiding and 1 for not raiding, unless you are willing to donate a hell of a lot of money to buy and maintain these servers... Just accept it for what it is, a game (I know ill probably get hate for saying that, its something everyone enjoys and a game is meant to be fun) but its to be fun for EVERYONE, I only type that it caps just to make the point, something that makes you happy, makes me unhappy, and visa versa... the best thing you can do, leave it to an unbiased third party such as con to decide, then it does not matter what happens and I can sure as hell bet that he wont change for a very small group of people who are unhappy. sorry to make this drag on so much but yeah.. its never going to happen, accept it.

Edited by Jakea031, 18 September 2015 - 04:33 PM.

joeIII

joeIII
  • 429 posts

Frankly, I don't think the biggest problem is White Flags.  Its people camping online while their survivors return.  If we're ready to go for some radical suggestions, lets try to get people offline and available as targets once they've done their bit.  Tieing up bandwidth isn't compound defending genius, its just unsportsmanlike.  The ironic tension isn't between teammates, but within the raider her/himself.

So how about this, if you send out all your survivors you can't interact with the compound and it becomes available for raiding.  One player left gives you 10 minutes to mess with stuff, 2 gives 20min, and so on.  Players can still access chat and inventory (but not weapons they're using for defense/missions).  Even 'view' but not 'attack' enemies.  If you want to fix things with your compound, do that when you first login before you raid.

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

How about a counter proposal?

PVP is removed from the game UNLESS players buy or trade for a "Raiding" book. Only players who have that book equipped can raid others or be raided, Basically the opposite of the current White Flag.

Don't like it? Why is that? It comes with the same conditions that current White Flag players have to meet.

crazyeightyfive

crazyeightyfive
  • 266 posts

How about a counter proposal?

^ This. +1 x 9,000

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,180 posts

You're treating the symptoms without treating the underlying problem.

The majority of the playerbase finds raiding to be too hard, un-fun and/or just plain not worth it.

While I'm sure you disagree with that, and I'm inclined to agree with you as far as raiding being "too hard", there is nothing you can say that will convince me that raiding is "fun".  I've raided in the past (back when M-24s were king) and did ok -- but I didn't enjoy it -- so I stopped and haven't raided since.  Furthermore the current "rewards" for raiding are pure and utter garbage imho.

Thus I don't raid.   Forcibly removing my White Flag isn't going to make me raid.   At best I'd endure the attacks (unlikely to get many as a pacifist task based alliance usually scoring 0 points).   At worst I'd quit the alliance so I could put the White Flag back on. 

But that's just me.

Less than 2% of the playerbase actively raids.   That speaks volumes as to what the majority of the playerbase thinks about raiding (they hate it). 

You should be coming up with ways to make raiding fun for the 98% of the playerbase that currently doesn't raid with tangible rewards that make it worthwhile. 

Forced removal of the White Flag is just going to harden peoples existing opinions.

Edited by Zingman, 18 September 2015 - 07:49 PM.

Ghost Recon

Ghost Recon
  • 610 posts

The reason  of the white flag is for players that don't want to be raided or raid other players.

kijhvitc

kijhvitc
  • 282 posts

I should make a counter thread called "Who supports the removal of L1N?"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Raiding, PvP, White Flag, Alliance War, Alliances