Photo

Who Supports Removal Of White Flags?

Raiding PvP White Flag Alliance War Alliances

Best Answer Lefty_Grimes , 18 September 2015 - 04:20 PM

You can't force us to remove our White Flags as just like we can't force you to break your larger, top alliances into smaller ones. Maybe we might just settle into the realization that the raiding aspect of this game isn't as big as you all thought it was?

Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

Buue

Buue
  • 657 posts

I should make a counter thread called "Who supports the removal of L1N?"

No, it should be who supports the removal of trashing, if this never appeared, WF may have not been invented. To that suggestion, L1N can just become another alliance.

Edited by SpicyBlobs, 23 September 2015 - 02:20 PM.

The Architect

The Architect
  • 2,995 posts

One of the things that bothers me is that members of top ranking alliances complain non stop about lack of targets... yet they had members with White Flag. Seems a bit ironic to me.

If you can't steal the flag of your alliance member for points, then it's not really ironic.

Less than 2% of the playerbase actively raids.   That speaks volumes as to what the majority of the playerbase thinks about raiding (they hate it). 

You should be coming up with ways to make raiding fun for the 98% of the playerbase that currently doesn't raid with tangible rewards that make it worthwhile. 

Exactly!

Edited by The Architect, 18 September 2015 - 10:42 PM.

HECU_Guy

HECU_Guy
  • 110 posts

You're treating the symptoms without treating the underlying problem.

The majority of the playerbase finds raiding to be too hard, un-fun and/or just plain not worth it.

While I'm sure you disagree with that, and I'm inclined to agree with you as far as raiding being "too hard", there is nothing you can say that will convince me that raiding is "fun".  I've raided in the past (back when M-24s were king) and did ok -- but I didn't enjoy it -- so I stopped and haven't raided since.  Furthermore the current "rewards" for raiding are pure and utter garbage imho.

Thus I don't raid.   Forcibly removing my White Flag isn't going to make me raid.   At best I'd endure the attacks (unlikely to get many as a pacifist task based alliance usually scoring 0 points).   At worst I'd quit the alliance so I could put the White Flag back on. 

But that's just me.

Less than 2% of the playerbase actively raids.   That speaks volumes as to what the majority of the playerbase thinks about raiding (they hate it). 

You should be coming up with ways to make raiding fun for the 98% of the playerbase that currently doesn't raid with tangible rewards that make it worthwhile. 

Forced removal of the White Flag is just going to harden peoples existing opinions.

The reason  of the white flag is for players that don't want to be raided or raid other players.

@Both, not to mention ppl can't compete when they get raided by other ppl that pretty much have all unique stuff, 50% ranged, 3/3, etc. ... that basically ensures no defense at all being possible ...
even with alternatives, sometimes it's just not enough!

I, for example, had planned to begin raiding not long ago, but seeing ever new material from the island coming out and being poured into trade with very few ppl able to pay (with prem/lvl 3 keys!) for it, I'm kinda reconsidering my previous idea in order to keeping up to date.
what's even more disappointing (and raid-discouraging over time!)?????? ppl that can't afford too many lvl 3 keys end up disappointed to see the owners of the prem keys need to be "in the mood" for letting these go ... resulting in uneven competition and ppl opting for WF purchase over time ...

Conclusion: with such described panoram, more and more ppl began to opt for buying WF book ... WHAT IN THE HELL DID YA EXPECT TO HAPPEN? raiding is a vicious circle of many different (yet related!) factors, no matter how you wanna rationalize it ...

- words from a now-WF player ...

314R

314R
  • 95 posts

Remove WF and i'll be a perpetual "enlisting member".

I like people in my alliance but raids require too much time.

Mike B

Mike B
  • 42 posts

It's only pixels, chill out y'all...

Lanceyy

Lanceyy
  • 222 posts

This Idea would actually most likely lead to even less targets.

If people in top alliances were to remove WF they would have to start raiding or they become flag farms.

Since top alliances are worth a lot of points they have to generate a lot of points too in order to generate and not lose points for their alliance.

So for each WF removed the pool would gain 1 more target, but that one target would actually raid and lockout more targets if in a top alliance

Jakea031

Jakea031
  • 39 posts

to be honest i think this discussion is over , 14 downvotes and counting seems to think WF should stay, and just reading the comments? so many valid points, and the idea of making a book just so you can raid... smart idea :D i still think reducing alliance numbers to 10 would work, and hey, it would stop complaining at targets would increase due to more alliances

Edited by Jakea031, 23 September 2015 - 12:44 AM.

Scrub McLordington LXIX

Scrub McLordington LXIX
  • 1,366 posts

If this happens, does that mean that Anti-WF players will refund the fuel we spent on our WF books?

I like spicyblobs idea of removing trashing, that's just one of the many reason why raiding doesn't interest me as much as PVE and PVHERC.

nickcarrera

nickcarrera
  • 30 posts

The majority of the playerbase finds raiding to be too hard, un-fun and/or just plain not worth it.

While I'm sure you disagree with that, and I'm inclined to agree with you as far as raiding being "too hard", there is nothing you can say that will convince me that raiding is "fun".  I've raided in the past (back when M-24s were king) and did ok -- but I didn't enjoy it -- so I stopped and haven't raided since.  Furthermore the current "rewards" for raiding are pure and utter garbage imho.

Thus I don't raid.   Forcibly removing my White Flag isn't going to make me raid.   At best I'd endure the attacks (unlikely to get many as a pacifist task based alliance usually scoring 0 points).   At worst I'd quit the alliance so I could put the White Flag back on. 

But that's just me.

Forced removal of the White Flag is just going to harden peoples existing opinions.

This is exactly what me and most players I have been discussing with are saying: Raiding is hard, not fun until you painfully learn the basics and the rewards can not even out thos disadvantages.

I am in an alliance using WF. Playing the war tasks and enjoying the boosts really adds to the fun of the game to me. Not having the possibility to play the alliance with WF would be a real loss of fun in the game.

And from time to time I remove WF for a war round and raid for a war reward box. I do this even for the price of getting hammered by the uni-lr-ally-kings on and on ... but as long I know I can put on WF at the end of the war round and relax for the coming rounds thats ok with me. So WF keeps me in the alliance and available as a war target at least sometimes. Without alliance and WF I am out.

Also I spent real money to buy WF. I would be very disappointed from the Devs if the use I bought it for would be removed.

Love this game! WF must stay as it is! Con & Devs you are running a great game ... the recent updates (island, crafting, infamous items, bounty boxes +++) are great!

Ngati Porou

Ngati Porou
  • 79 posts

But that's just me.

Wise words mate.

Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones
  • 242 posts

Sorry, but this idea sucks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Raiding, PvP, White Flag, Alliance War, Alliances