------ Automated match making system looks like a brand new way to do pvp.
- More targets: yeah, needed a lot
- Less time spent searching for targets - also very very welcome
- Almost no chance of exploitation / flag swapping - also good, but I think marginal. You guys are tracking that, right?
- No griefing / harassment - Well, that is the part I am going to miss out on. Having the ability to attack choosen targets once they pissed You off in chat..
- No "holding" of targets - It is only a side effect of the current system. People did this because there wasn't enough targets open that were worth good points. Top1 alliance is worth ( depending on point gap) 16-20 points to 2nd/ 3rd alliance, while almost all other allinaces are worth around 7-8.
- No "hiding" in lower ranked alliances - When the war boxes were introduced they did increase the number of ppl raiding, but only in a statisctical way. Thing is it is way easier to get 300 in alliance with 1 raider then in activly raiding alliance. You get more targets AND more points for the same targets. For this reason ppl that raid just for the war box prefer to stick to one man alliances.
- You can't attack whoever you want. - Well I can totally live with that if I have a few open targets each time I open the game.
- The retaliation system would have to be go / be reworked. -What about the neighbours list? Does it have to go too? Cause it could stay and we could attack back from there.
- It will take some time to implement. - Well, island was worth waiting for... so I hope this one will be too.
------ Other possible changes:
- Lowering the number of players that can be in an alliance - down to perhaps 20, maybe 10 on kong / yahoo. - It doen't make much diferent with automated match making so I am betting You are planning to use it along with current system..... but how is it supposed to help? I have 6 page of possible alliance targets and less ppl in those aliances means less potential targets. You probably noticed that even top raiding alliances don't have that many active members - even at 20 capacity they would still go with the same pace.... I honestly have no idea what is this change supposed to fix/ prevent/help.
- Decreasing the chance of being hurt in defence - Would that mean less protection time? This change might get in some non-dmu users to raid as meds are problematic for them.
- Increasing the strength of buildings - What buildings? Increasing how? Might be good or bad.. kinda depends on what You want to do specificly.
- Awarding points for successfully defending against a raid - not a bad idea, but overall marginal in the whole lack of targets / active raiders problem
- Losing some points for losing a flag - same as above
- Refreshing the alliances / personal rewards - how is that supposed to work? I mean if I am in top3 alliance and we have 3k war points half of the round. I can't find no targets so I refresh... but then my list is filled with alliances that have very low points and possibly all of the targets there are worth 0 pts... Assaigning pts would have to change before implementing this.
- Bonus points for downing attackers, even if you lose the flag - also marginal
- Participation points - eg: 5 pts for attacking / being attacked. - as above
- Defence bonus - get points when your buildings are destroyed (trashing would give points away) - as above
------ Minor edit
- Adding in a 'recruiting' chat room - specifically for people recruiting, like how the trade rooms are for trading... - That is a bad idea, trade high is already dead enough, recruit channel would be EMPTY. Besides, ppl can recruit in trade / normal chat... so is there really a need for such channel?
------ Topic that weren't raised and I think could be addresed too:
- Alt raiding - many ppl still choose to make an alt when the hit higher level, I think the best way to make points should be to level up to 55 and then raid. Currently it is the other way around and due to that ppl literaly avoid leveling up. Reasons are:
- easier to find targets for low level accounts
- there are many more unexperienced players at lower levels
- guns/gear are way cheaper then those for high levels
I think the raiding for low level / mid level players is a good idea, but I don't think that they should be able to compete point wise at all.
- Fuel raiding - this is the part of the game that I really enjoy. Looting generators that have fuel inside. Will there be some kind of neighbour list where I could find possible targets and visit them again after some time?
I am really glad that we are finally talking about raiding, that being said I think You should decided which way You want the changes to go. Some of the changes suggested above go one way, some go the other way, so to sum it all up do we want:
1. More targets in general
- autmated match making system
- making another war tab with targets picked upon Your score, for example:
- there is this crazy idea I saw in other game - making ghost attacks - for example, once someone logs of he can be attacked 3 times, but only the first attack counts.. it does take away the pleasure of trashing cuase You don't know if it will count, but on the other hand - You get x3 targets just like that.
2. More raiders partictipating in ranked wars instead of going for war box
- Giving fuel to more alliances that rank high - was suggest a lot of times. Right now we got only 3 ranked places.. how about making it top8? ( first page basicly) It would definatly be more intresting to see 5 more alliances competing and probably there would be a lot more rotation then it is now in top3.
- Bringing in some other form of a raid reward - right now it takes a lot of effort to be top3 and the rewards are really small, given that ppl usually speed up to get enough points.
3. More players joining the raid community, vast majority of them being non-dmu
- Making ammo boxes more common - adding two extra ammo boxes in each war box.. or some other way
- Decreasing the chance of being hurt in defence
- Less cost to rebuild
Edited by Max1144, 07 October 2015 - 11:12 AM.