Photo

New Infected Bounties (discussion And Improvements)

Infected Bounty

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 817 posts

So from what i've seen in chat, I see people pulling prems and uni tokens from boxes. That's great and all, but what I don't like is the inconsistency of rewards. 

Problem:

1. Reward inconsistency: Green kits have replaced meds, kinda worth the same to me. But some boxes are ONLY green kits and nothing else.

Other boxes are uni token, combat helmet, prem key. So much great stuff that motivates me to do these bounties, but alas i get a box full of green kits. This leads to problem No.2

2. Rewards are disproportionate for the amount of effort put in: Most cases, when rare infected is to be found, it can take 4+ missions just for that area, 3 bounties with rare infected, GREAT, 12+ missions. That was an example of one bounty where I got all green kits and ran over 14 missions. On the other end of things, you could theoretically walk out with a bounty box containing a prem or uni token, or nice clothing in 3 missions.

The inconsistency of rewards and disproportionate rewards for effort put in are problems.

I say that we should have a more consistent bounty, in getting the box and actual contents.

Opinions?

Note: Kong player (no DMU), best i got are 5 mission groups with 2 hour returns.

Edited by MW3ProPiper, 01 October 2015 - 10:10 PM.

Pro_Tyle

Pro_Tyle
  • 149 posts

Im kinda ok with having crap in bounty boxes, I really dont care honesty. The risk of crap is worth it to having prem keys and uni tokens to me

But there is definitely a problem with the spawns

The fact that they're just plain random is unreliable I feel

I think there should be like for every 3.5 minutes of gameplay at least 1 of a required rare is guaranteed to spawn, to combat the problem of having 1 or more consecutive missions without having that HERC or Police to show up

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 817 posts

I agree that we can have bad rewards some times, but all this effort for a few green kits? From my casual observations, bounty areas rarely spawn the types I need, once I step out, they're abundant.

This also brings up another problem, infected bounties being completed at various rates, as in you find 200+ runners before 5 HERC, we could change that to 250 runners and 5 HERC so that even though we don't get HERC, we're making progress.

Edit: Takes a lot of time and effort to do these bounties, the ones with rare infected, and to be rewarded like this, it leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

btw. why are there more prem cards dropping than HERC?

Edited by MW3ProPiper, 01 October 2015 - 09:39 PM.

ryuu015

ryuu015
  • 16 posts

I agree with Pro_Tyle. Athough but I'm also not fine with kits. Nades and med supplies are so helpful, but if we were to get low chances of getting prem keys / herc keys, please kindly roll back the update. It takes deep observation into where to look for your infected targets. I am kind of working on something about them. 

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 817 posts

I mean, Infected bounty rewards don't have to be good EVERY time, just doesn't justify the effort of doing them with rare infected.

On a side note to help with rare infected spawn rates, we should make the game more logical by allowing Police infected to spawn more often in Police Stations, HERC infected and Scientists in Parks, and Military infected in Military bases. This would be more consistent, give players a sense of direction, and leave less of completion on random zombie spawns.

The Architect

The Architect
  • 2,995 posts

Honestly, i think it's fine for me. Although perhaps it should have some ensured premium item or fuel, with the quality at least proportionate the difficulty of the bounty.

Not that the bounties are hard.

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 817 posts

Honestly, i think it's fine for me. Although perhaps it should have some ensured premium item or fuel, with the quality at least proportionate the difficulty of the bounty.

Not that the bounties are hard.

Difficulty and reward are both random, a nice minimum reward would be nice, but don't know how to implement that.

Have DMU? I want spawns to be more reliable so we can more reliably and consistently complete them. With 2 hour returns and 5 missions, don't have all day to do these if it is THAT hard to kill rare infected.

Anonymous

Anonymous
  • 35 posts

Less medical supplies is ok but the ammo caches were useful. There are people in trade who want those, those in war specifically. I'm not saying they should bring the ammo back, just that the tradeoff is less desirable.

I instantly recycle kits, except rare ones. Regular kits take up an incredible amount of space. I'll find/keep them if and when I get into crafting, not before. I have more use for extra medical supplies than kits if truth be told.

More premium items sure, but they're almost always gonna be disguising masks, hats and skull caps. As for gear or weapons, for 50-55 players, these go
straight to the recycler also.

Herc keys are really just converted fuel but very rarely roll, you could get 150 fuel faster from small increments of 20/30 or 50 which used to roll more often. Fuel seems to roll less now, if at all.

In conclusion, all that for a very low chance at a premium key or unique token means I'll have weeks and weeks of absolutely nothing until the rng gods decide I'm worthy.

I still can't be bothered to do the IB even after the change. I guess it's because I feel that I'm not missing out on anything by not doing it.

JamesNg2

JamesNg2
  • 82 posts

I do agree that the rewards are very random ranging from very good to very bad.  And the spawns are very luck dependent to the extent that one single rare infected can prevent you from collecting a bounty if you can't find it in 10 missions or so.  I gave up with the bounty hunts and paid nicely for the stuff I wanted from them - the bounty masks and now my collection is complete.

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

The tasks and rewards are created by the almighty god that is the RNG (Random Number Generator).

If you feel that the reward isn't worth the effort of completing, you have the option of not doing them.

Not to mention that the rewards were only recently changed as a result of this thread http://forum.conarti...7-great-button/

Lefty_Grimes

Lefty_Grimes
  • 290 posts

It's too soon to tell if the change was any good or not. My first reward had a Bounty Mask and a Premium Key. The next few had a junk: crafting kits, nades, and a few worthless rares. If I can score one Premium Key per week doing Infected Bounties, I'll gladly kill 100 Walkers per area (while getting two Rushes per mission, as always).

Con can't increase the rewards and decrease the difficulty. I know it sucks when you need to kill 5 Police Infected in an area, because they never seem to show up when you need them. When you need to kill 90 Runners, you won't get any Rushes on missions; the Rushes only seem to show up reliably when you need to kill Walkers. While Bounties are difficult at times, I've never failed to finish them when I've put in the effort to.

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 817 posts

Con can't increase the rewards and decrease the difficulty.

Yeah, but what I want is to make there less deviation between rewards and the bounty, make the rewards not range from Very Bad -to- Very Good, and where the mission is rigged to give you less rare infected, it's just me hating leaving this to spawns to chance, and how the more rare infected you get, the harder it is to complete.

I suggest replacing Prem keys, or supplementing them with more HERC3s and increase rare spawns.

aurara

aurara
  • 88 posts

I've only opened a handful, so I'm really holding my opinion for a month or so.  However, right now, they seem to have more variety and better items, which is what we asked for and the team was awesome enough to address.

beege22

beege22
  • 26 posts

Too soon to tell about the new rewards given the truly random nature of them.  I've had a couple that were all kits (annoying) but I've also had 100 fuel in one and a unique upgrade token in another so I'm not complaining.  I do think that completing bounties on some of the rare spawns is harden than it should be.  Having to play 5 or six missions in one suburb to rack up enough HERC kills is a disincentive to do the bounties at all.  Why implement the system and then give people reasons not to do it?

VincentD

VincentD
  • 5 posts

Hi all,

After having done about 6 or 7 bounties since the upgrade of the rewards algorithm, I won mainly crafting kits (that I totally don't care).

So I agree with MW3ProPiper. Bounty rewards are completely negligible compared to the effort required to achieve a bounty.

At least, before the upgrade, we could win ammo box, some medical items (sometimes could be usefull) - Things that I think are more interesting than kits...

So my suggestion would be to reduce the chance of getting crafting kits (not to remove them completly), increase the chance of winning ammo box, medics, active gears. And what about having a chance to win books ?

If bounty rewards stay like this, I don't know if I'll continue to do the IB. For now, it's more a waste of time.

I hope that for the next upgrade, we won't have a chance to win junks... ;)

Anyway, thanks Con for your work !!

P.S. : Berserkers seem to be a little bit too strong ;)

benjmvk

benjmvk
  • 2 posts

I feel the same too. I've missed 3 recent IBs just because the spawn on some particular infected is ridiculous although I have Martial Law book (11%) every time I run missions for the Bounty. There was one time I ran all the missions in the bounty area and still didn't complete it. A lot of time and patience just to receive some green kits and random stuff? I know there is a chance to win prem or worthy stuffs, but if low level ppl like me cannot complete the Bounty after spending almost a day, then they won't do it anymore. I will likely to miss the Bounty I'm having too, and I don't know if I will do any of the IBs in the future. Like what Vincent D said, IB is more a waste of time than before:).

Kolt Fulton

Kolt Fulton
  • 1 posts

Why is it that we only get 1 hour now,  to do the Infected Bounties?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Infected Bounty