Alliance Ideas

Alliance Level Requirement Resource Resources

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Dead Generations

Dead Generations
  • 1,076 posts

Alliance Ideas

> Alliance feeds tab, this is basically like a history tab, it'll show people who have joined, left, with dates of when they joined or left.

> Alliance message board, this would be a place to post announcements or other things for the entire alliance to see.

> Ability to edit or delete announcements on the message board.

> Extra resources gained from missions or raids are automatically donated to the alliance they're in, if they're not in alliance, they just vanish into nothingness.

Liked this idea? You may like other ideas of mine via Dead Gen's Idea thread (http://forum.conarti...ead-gens-ideas/)

What you see below this message is the main reason this thread was created, but it's unlikely anything like this will be implemented in the game because you can donate resources to the alliance that you're in, but you cannot withdraw from donated resources.

<archive>

Alliance Ideas

So today an interesting post that I read brought up an idea to me that is related to the alliances as a resource sink thread.

". . . newbies who join the alliance get free stuff from older players, and I mean FREE stuff, without spending fuel to get it. . ."

-Sandro_Jern

So Sandro brought up a good point there, so what I think is that alliances should have a level requirement to join, you have to be level 10 to join a faction. If Midimiaow's idea of resource sinks are to be added, players should have to be at least level 15 to use these resource sinks, and on top of that, there should be a limit as to how much they can take daily, for example, 1,000.

Expansion Upon This

Today in chat, someone said that they raided somebody and looted a ton of food but they couldn't store this food, with this idea implemented with Midimiaow's idea, you would be able to leave the leftover resources at the alliance 'resource sink', so that the resources don't go to waste!

If you would like to see the idea that this was mainly based off of, click on this link: http://forum.conarti...-resource-sink/

Note: Because Midimiaow edited his idea for some reason, it's totally different from what it was before when I last read it, so I might have to do some revising on this thread, but for now I'm going to leave it like this.

</archive>

Edited by Dead Generations, 01 October 2013 - 05:56 AM.

Midimiaow

Midimiaow
  • 329 posts

Potential follow ups to the resource sink - 

Your alliance has a certain amount of "wealth" which is contributed to by players. The people running the alliance decide how they want to spend this wealth on skills to benefit survivors within the alliance. (Skill bonus only applies to people who have proved their worth through kudos.)

i.e. Spending wealth to create "courses" which benefit people with enough "kudos" to access them. These wouldn't provide immediately noticeable effects but DO make a difference; it's a fine balance between "okay" and OP. (Kudos could be acquired from donating wealth or maybe killing survivors and so on - demonstrating a player's worth without major level discrimination as players do different things at different levels etc.)

Fluffwise, you'd be spending materials to design quality courses which people in the alliance can benefit from.

- i.e. SCAVENGING: increased quality item drop rate 0.3%, search speed increased 2%, increased resource drop rate 0.3%, double drop rates for dropoffs etc, increased fuel drop chance 0.5%

- i.e. FIGHTING: Increased damage to infected 1%, increased survivor health 1%, increased movement speed 1%

- i.e. ENGINEERING: Increased chance to disarm 1%, Increased chance for crafting bonuses 1%, Increased crafting bonuses 1%, Reduced building time 1%

- i.e. RECON: Recons are pretty powerful by themselves - until their effectiveness against decoy traps is reduced, I can't think of much here.

- i.e. MEDIC: Increased medical supply drop chance 1%, severity of injuries down 1% etc.

If permabuffs are too powerful, a temporary buff system bought with wealth could work as well.

Similar lines of thought include upgradable faction facilities, or just trading away "wealth" for factional fuel bonuses. I'm not sure how this will work because it still seems abusable, but I'm sure there's good ways to do it.

Also, I'm erring away from a conquest-style thing where factions vie for control over places because it's hard to implement AND prone to abuse of all kinds, although that doesn't leave a lot of space for conflict between factions :L

I'm also going to note that we need more resource storage with alliances, but that's another matter for another day.

Edited by Midimiaow, 26 May 2013 - 08:34 AM.

Dead Generations

Dead Generations
  • 1,076 posts

-snip-

Hmm. . . very nice.Though I don't understand some of it.

One Cat Of A Kind

One Cat Of A Kind
  • 51 posts

I'm beginning you love your ideas Dead, keep them coming.

Edited by OneCatOfAKind, 26 May 2013 - 09:19 AM.

Dead Generations

Dead Generations
  • 1,076 posts

-snip-

-snip-

I've expanded upon the idea a bit. . .

Dead Generations

Dead Generations
  • 1,076 posts

More ideas added, feed back is welcome and appreciated.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Alliance, Level Requirement, Resource, Resources