Alliance of Alliances Forum Coalitions Idea in Making

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Sky_Fall

Sky_Fall
  • 1,222 posts

Opening Speech: Conjecturing the Future, October 6, 2015

http://forum.conarti...ntial-overhaul/

In response to the changes in the Alliance Wars, I have taken it upon myself to construct a forum upon which alliances can make negotiations with each other and hopefully benefit from this mutual cooperation. As of now this is merely an idea, an incomplete speculation which has not taken full form yet, but which contains my hopes and dreams. Despite this, I am highly critical of this approach and am aware that my proposition may cause problems, that is why I have not made my move yet. Treat this more like a mental exercise for I am not going to utilize a strategy that I deem foolish; I have learned much from my past experiences and this time I cannot put my head above the clouds.

My plan is to create a network of alliances that are loyal to each other in order to fend off their assailants. It's simple, if one raider repeatedly trashes one man's alliance and they are unable to do anything about it, then they call upon the help of another alliance which is currently not bothered by the war. This will usher in the death of a thousand cuts, the sheer quantity of players coming to their aid will overwhelm the attacker, thus making them learn their lesson.

If all goes well, then I believe everything else will go swimmingly. Add your solutions and criticisms to my proposals. There are some fears that I cannot tackle on my own, and there are childish dreams that I cannot let go of. I admit that certain problems cannot be "solved" because they are a part of human nature, but they can be mitigated to an extent. Even so, I am willing to move onwards because I also believe that there is a glory in man that can never be fully corrupted by his evil, because good is in his nature as well.

Enlighten me, Dead Zoners.

--------------------------------------------------

The Real Problem: Defeated in our Victory, October 6, 2015

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
-Oscar Wilde

I've asked a friend on what he thought was the greatest flaw this idea had. His answer was, that it would "put off players from attacking other alliances" and "killing the fun for those legit raiders that aren't decked out alts". Its greatest flaw is its success...

That is if we managed to triumph in our unity in the first place. Perhaps there is a solution to this as well. We can limit the amount of alliances that can join so that enough alliances are protected while enough alliances are put out there for the raiders to feed on.

Criticism:

Solution:

The Pros...

1. If an alliance is attacked, fellow alliances that are close to each other may be able to fend off the attacker.

Criticism:

2. Security, people won't dare attack one that has the support of several alliances.

Criticism:

3. Compassion, the closer your relationship with other alliances, the more they are likely to lend you a hand in one way or another.

Criticism:

4. Attraction, people may decide to join in one of the alliances if they see things going smoothly.

Criticism:

The Cons...

1. If an alliance is attacked, you have to pitch in some of your forces to attack the enemy.

Solution:

2. Disaster, if two cliques duke it out with a multitude of people at their backs, this could usher in an alliance war that never the Dead Zone has seen before.

Solution:

3. Politics, more people more problems.

Solution:

4. Hatedom, people who are against this coalition will decide to fight against it.

Solution:

Proposed Flag: The Four Freedoms Flag

https://en.wikipedia...a_1943-1948.svg

Yes, be blinded by glorious white light! I'm thinking of calling this the White Flag of Death.

800px-Four_Freedoms_Flag_or_United_Natio

These are my words, and now that you have heard them I will hear yours. I will treat your comments with the greatest courtesy possible, so I expect the same from you. Pitch in your ideas, so that we can fill in the holes that I cannot see. May I request your wisdom, that I may see my folly?

Edited by Sky_Fall, 06 October 2015 - 10:27 AM.

Cybertraxx

Cybertraxx
  • 281 posts

What...? 

Why? lol, i'm sorry but this is really unnecessary, also the way you typed it makes it look like you're trolling/being sarcastic.

Edited by Cybertraxx, 06 October 2015 - 12:07 PM.

DJfriede

DJfriede
  • 888 posts

My only question is: How is this "alliance of alliances" supposed to be kept alive if managing a single alliance alone is very tough work? The thought of mega alliance-alliances fighting each other may sound fun, but I just don't see it happening anytime soon.

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

Why can I see this going the same way as Sky Falls "Alliance manual"? http://forum.conarti...lliance-manual/

A few posts and them them saying "I'll ditch this"

Andre F S R

Andre F S R
  • 282 posts

What.... thats so confuse and.... i dont have any words , just this one -1.

Sky_Fall

Sky_Fall
  • 1,222 posts

Meh, fine I'll ditch this.

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

I must by able to see the future!

Why can I see this going the same way as Sky Falls "Alliance manual"? http://forum.conarti...lliance-manual/

A few posts and them them saying "I'll ditch this"

Meh, fine I'll ditch this.

Within less than 24 hours. All hail my powers!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Alliance of Alliances, Forum, Coalitions, Idea in Making