Photo

Are Bounty Spawns Rigged?

Bounties Bounty Infected Bounties Rare Spawns

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

beege22

beege22
  • 26 posts

Probably not the first person to notice this, but I'm 99% sure that when an infected Bounty calls for a zombie that's rare or just uncommon (eg: scientist, bruiser, police) the likelihood of that zombie type spawning drop significantly below what would be on a normal mission.  I've been keeping track over the last couple dozen bounties I've done and comparing bounties with the spawns you get when playing the same map in the same suburb when there isn't a bounty there's a measurable difference.  It's not random.

Now I don't entirely mind this - bounties should be a challenge - but for some types of undead this makes bounties ridiculously hard, especially if you're playing without DMU.  I feel like the devs may have overcompensated in making the undead bounties interesting.  4 missions to kill 5 police, which happened to me recently, is a little silly.

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 808 posts

Well, from my experience this is true also.

I'm okay with having to run 4 missions for 5 police, just what I don't like, going through all that effort for 4 green kits.

The Conspiracy Guy

The Conspiracy Guy
  • 165 posts

there was this time I was using a 15% UCS to put in 6 missions a day, last thing to do was 5 cops and missed it by 1 cop. BS!

Anyways, Hail TNR!

Edited by ConArtist Supporter, 09 October 2015 - 12:58 AM.

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 808 posts

there was this time I was using a 15% UCS to put in 6 missions a day, last thing to do was 5 cops and missed it by 1 cop. BS!

Anyways, Hail TNR!

What's your Kong username? Who are you in TNR?

RoDu

RoDu
  • 12 posts

Same problem, except it was plain ol' walker infected. I got 46/50 in I think 4 missions

The Conspiracy Guy

The Conspiracy Guy
  • 165 posts

there was times where I go and kill over 100 runners and the thing says I killed only 13. its messed up. no offense tho.

beege22

beege22
  • 26 posts

I've actually noticed an improvement recently.  It still takes work, it just doesn't require you to sit in front of the computer all day.  Not sure if it's a run of good luck or the devs were paying attention but wither way I like it.

B_S

B_S
  • 37 posts

Only needed 5 Bruisers total to finish the bounty.  Four runs total, ended up killing 2.  Didn't see a single Bruiser on the last two runs.  Pretty frustrating.

Edited by B_S, 15 November 2015 - 07:41 AM.

Andre F S R

Andre F S R
  • 282 posts

Yeah, i noticed that to, like wtf i need to run 6 missions to get 5 bruisers ?

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 808 posts

Martial law seems to work, although more in-depth testing is required.

LeatherPants

LeatherPants
  • 81 posts
I've often felt the same way about zombie frequency changing based on bounty, but I think that's just because sometimes we're unlucky and those frustrating times are easier to remember. There have been several times I've gotten everything (even when several rare types are required) in a single go. Never did an official study though, just my opinion. In general, I complete all 3 areas in about 6-7 mussions. My tactic is to stick to the biggest maps (military base, large park, etc) to maximize spawn sizes.

Liquified Passion Fruit

Liquified Passion Fruit
  • 2 posts

Perhaps... it's all about location? 

I've seen huge swarms of HERC infected in parks, and small to large groups of Bruisers in construction sites/motels/streets/subway stations/anything that is not military or police related.

carloscar

carloscar
  • 47 posts

There seems to be a problem with the number of special infecteds in the second area of the map, more specifically in Brookvale north.

The number of police infected needed to complete the bounty in this area are too high, I forgot to report this because I thought it was something to do with the random nature of the bounties, but it is the N° 4 account I level up and this single area is the only part in the whole map where the amount of police infected needed as caused me trouble.

In fact all the other areas that are supposed to be harder (the lvl 40 to 50 ones) are way more easy than this single area.

This could explain why people in low levels are having trouble to complete bounties.

Buue

Buue
  • 657 posts
Shouldn't they be rigged? Do you seriously expect to get 50 police if you need 5? Just go to areas with high spawn rates, there's no specific place for any infected, so a place with more infected is better.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bounties, Bounty, Infected Bounties, Rare Spawns