Photo

One Man Island - Time To Beat

island one man

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Max1144

Max1144
  • 416 posts

I got intrested by the idea of doing one man island missions, topic was started here :

http://forum.conarti...ints-in-island/

I did 4 runs this week with leader only and all 4 succefull. Got the compound with herc twice and managed to finish it one man with 3 min left on the clock ;)

Here are a pics:

Bridge - herc - exit zone:

Spoiler

Monument - zeds - exit zone:

Spoiler

Compound - first watch tower down:

Spoiler

Two humves down:

Spoiler

First beacon clear:

Spoiler

Edited by Max1144, 09 October 2015 - 07:13 AM.

Max1144

Max1144
  • 416 posts

Watch towers down:

Spoiler

Second beacon clear:

Spoiler

Last watch tower down:

Spoiler

Exit zone - time to beat 2:56 ;)

Screen_Shot00089.jpg

Max1144

Max1144
  • 416 posts

Last herc standing.. and suppressed:

Spoiler

All clear, shoting at third beacon with 1 min on the clock:

Screen_Shot00091.jpg

It seems that You can post only 5 images per post, even in spoliers - that is why I made 3 posts.

Maybe someone can try that too and then we can compare times? :)

Edited by Max1144, 09 October 2015 - 07:15 AM.

Salty

Salty
  • 36 posts

Pics  don't prove anything, mate. I don't say it's impossible, yet you need a very all-round guy to do all the tasks, especially mine disabling, and an occasional door smash.

Place full screen pic, it just looks that you cropped out one guy. There might be others in background,for all I know.

Yet, I get the idea, and some time now I feel like all I need is my main guy + engi, to do the island, yet I know that - in the first rush I'm gonna be deaded.

promo

promo
  • 14 posts

It also begs the question of whether or not you're completing everything or just trying to get to the end with 1 guy.  Loot and objectives are important aspects.  Single dude zombie missions are cake if all you're doing is trying to get to the end.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,180 posts

Cropped pics prove nothing.  As salty said, you could very easily replicate these pics with a full 5-man team, and just leave them out of the picture.

Also why would you even want to do this?  By only taking one man your forfeiting at the very least the unique box, very likely the rare box and possibly even the elite box as well.

It's like saying "Hey guys I can punch myself in the face, can you do it harder?"

Max1144

Max1144
  • 416 posts

Cropped pics prove nothing.  As salty said, you could very easily replicate these pics with a full 5-man team, and just leave them out of the picture.

Also why would you even want to do this?  By only taking one man your forfeiting at the very least the unique box, very likely the rare box and possibly even the elite box as well.

It's like saying "Hey guys I can punch myself in the face, can you do it harder?"

1/ Challenge, plain and simple - just seeing if it can be done.

2/ Showing ppl that are strugling with herc part that it can be done.

3/ Fun - for the last two weeks when I completed the island I got like 10 bows, 2 crap armors, 2 crap miniguns.. basicly all the effort I put in winning gave nothing in return. So I decided to play with it ;)

Guess I will have to make a video.

iwong6

iwong6
  • 165 posts

1/ Challenge, plain and simple - just seeing if it can be done.

2/ Showing ppl that are strugling with herc part that it can be done.

3/ Fun - for the last two weeks when I completed the island I got like 10 bows, 2 crap armors, 2 crap miniguns.. basicly all the effort I put in winning gave nothing in return. So I decided to play with it ;)

Guess I will have to make a video.

And this guy also helped me with my curiousity about finishing island with 1 man as seen in this http://forum.conarti...ints-in-island/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: island, one man