Photo

Mr. X's Horde Task

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

ehult282

ehult282
  • 11 posts

I can't collect the reward for this task even though my contribution is over 100 and the contribution for the task is 100% Is this a glitch? Or do I have to wait until the timer is up to claim the reward?

Ghost Recon

Ghost Recon
  • 495 posts

Its called a community task meaning everyone need to contribute to the task. you need to wait for the timer to expire to get the reward.  

Edited by Ghost Recon, 14 October 2015 - 07:23 PM.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,133 posts

It's that time of the year again...

To collect the reward, the community must complete the task (i.e. it reaches 100%) and the timer runs out.

Both need to happen because the "100 percent" is actually far lower than the total number of players.  One of the earliest community tasks gave out the reward when it reached 100% and as a result players who were late to party didn't get to participate and get a reward.   By requiring a timer even players who are late have a chance to complete the task and get the reward.

Theoretically if the community fails to reach 100% before the timer runs out -- nobody gets the reward -- even those that did their "share".

But that's never happened. 

Scrub McLordington LXIX

Scrub McLordington LXIX
  • 1,366 posts

Actually, it almost happened once, but con extended the timer.

Con

Con
  • 4,020 posts

The timer needs to expire before you can collect. 

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,677 posts

The berserkers are a bit mental during an island rush, so much so before I can barely activate my fingers before half my guys are dead. And that's with a fast reload mini-gun and fast reload guns dishing out a lot of damage with the damage book. Thrice I was smitten tonight during a rush. 

However I pull off an infected bounty in a more regular fashion, using a 666 with my leader and an ammo belt knowing no mines or HERC would be around. 

Day one: learning curve

I'm wondering, perhaps during this X guy's berserk zeds, should silent guns be the way to go? I think my next island attempt might be as quiet as possible

Vault_Dweller

Vault_Dweller
  • 49 posts

The berserkers are a bit mental during an island rush, so much so before I can barely activate my fingers before half my guys are dead. And that's with a fast reload mini-gun and fast reload guns dishing out a lot of damage with the damage book. Thrice I was smitten tonight during a rush. 

However I pull off an infected bounty in a more regular fashion, using a 666 with my leader and an ammo belt knowing no mines or HERC would be around. 

I'm wondering, perhaps during this X guy's berserk zeds, should silent guns be the way to go? I think my next island attempt might be as quiet as possible

You can have a 5 team squad with 70% melee armor and still get chowed down by the new bersk units because CON has inadvertently set the parameters of this unit way off balance. The problem isn't only with their spawn rate and speed but with how the squad members aim time and speed of the unit never allow it to be locked down and hit. I have tested this at least five times now and the new unit has to be rebalanced. Or the Aim time AI of the team members has to be increased so that they aim and shoot at the new units first.

Aether

Aether
  • 122 posts

i decided to go stealth and its working pretty well. picking the berzerks one by one make than easy. Now i only have trouble trying to do 2 man missions.

Edited by Aether, 22 October 2015 - 06:15 AM.