Photo

Wrong Keys - Why Is The Option Even There?

keys shop request mistake

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

Antebellum

Antebellum
  • 5 posts

Great game, and I've enjoyed logging in about once a day to play since a while back.

After saving fuel for months and now at lvl 27 I bought lvl-03 keys x5 for the HERC boxes to open the new HERC 08-09 boxes. Or so I thought, since what I apparently clicked on was the Tactical Response keys lvl-03. The icon is almost identical, they are right next to each other in the shop and they cost the same amount of fuel. As far as I know the Tactical boxes don't even drop in Kongregate, which means I'll never be able to use them, and neither will anybody else, so I can't get rid of them through trade either.

To say that I'm annoyed is a huge understatement.

1) I'm humbly requesting help from Con Artists to change the purchase for the right keys.

2) I strongly recommend getting rid of the option to buy the keys, when they aren't even applicable.

Thank you in advance

/Antebellum

Sandro_Jern

Sandro_Jern
  • 778 posts

Ehhh unfortunately tactical boxes are still in the game. Even though they do not drop, quite a few players still have them, so the option of buying keys for them has to remain open. Not much you can do there except for look for boxes in the tradechat, or maybe try to sell the cards to someone who has them.

Shame about your fuel, be careful in the future and make sure you know exactly what you're buying.

Edited by Sandro_Jern, 25 May 2013 - 11:41 PM.

The Architect

The Architect
  • 2,995 posts

Yeah i feel for you, sometimes i walk to the kitchen, then i forgot what i was getting. Sometimes people just get confused, you don't have to feel bad or ashamed. That makes us human.

Antebellum

Antebellum
  • 5 posts

Not particularly useful answers so far, but waiting to hear from a blue.

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

There is a very similar thread further down the page Con has replied to;

Sorry, we don't offer refunds on any items purchased. Maybe try trading them with another player for something you need?

http://forum.conarti...rong-herc-keys/

Antebellum

Antebellum
  • 5 posts

Yeah, read that answer, but I don't think it's particularly valid way to treat players. Especially since those boxes never dropped on the Kongregate version of the game, which means I can't trade them - nobody will ever be able to use them, which by definition makes them _useless_.

Edited by Antebellum, 26 May 2013 - 09:29 PM.

Con

Con
  • 4,143 posts

Ante - Hey, these boxes will be making a return soon. So hold onto your keys.

We have a no refund policy on these sorts of purchases as it's a lot of manual work to dig through inventories, remove the items purchased, then credit fuel. With our small team that level of micro support would eat up large sections of our day. Setting a precedent where we do things like this and account resets would result in the game not getting new content pretty quickly.

Sorry, but as I said, hold onto them, they'll be back.

Antebellum

Antebellum
  • 5 posts

Ante - Hey, these boxes will be making a return soon. So hold onto your keys.

We have a no refund policy on these sorts of purchases as it's a lot of manual work to dig through inventories, remove the items purchased, then credit fuel. With our small team that level of micro support would eat up large sections of our day. Setting a precedent where we do things like this and account resets would result in the game not getting new content pretty quickly.

Sorry, but as I said, hold onto them, they'll be back.

First of all, thank you for a blue answer, and your explanation. I understand that player micro management would be time consuming and detrimental to other efforts. Secondly, knowing that the keys aren't useless changes the situation profoundly, making my purchase misguided, rather than pointless. I consider this specific case to be resolved, but as constructive feedback I would recommend the following:

1) Putting in some kind of extra message box whilst making purchases, such as a warning, or additional info about the object.

2) Removing objects that no longer have any value to the game, or marking those objects as obsolete (Skeleton key, Z-mas key?)

/Antebellum

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

To avoid a problem like this again, you can get the game to take you to the specific keys you need by following these steps;

Go to your inventory

Choose the box you want to open and click the "magnifying glass" icon

At the bottom there is a green button saying something like "get keys"

Using this, you will get the right keys every time

There are going to be players with z-mas and Trick or treat boxes in the game, removing these keys would cause an uproar with these players who are maybe saving fuel to buy the keys

Antebellum

Antebellum
  • 5 posts

To avoid a problem like this again, you can get the game to take you to the specific keys you need by following these steps;

Yeah, I found that out the hard way, after the initial purchase :)

There are going to be players with z-mas and Trick or treat boxes in the game, removing these keys would cause an uproar with these players who are maybe saving fuel to buy the keys

Con doesn't need to remove the keys, but mark them as 'obsolete', or move them into another category.

LPGD

LPGD
  • 1,219 posts

Hmm, maybe I should keep those extra Beacon Parts Box keys just in case...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: keys, shop, request, mistake