ideas Multiplayer coop friends missions

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

fabriziomoon

fabriziomoon
  • 4 posts
I was thinking...
Why not have a mode where players can do missions with your friends

I mean, you can go to certain areas of your survivors (controlled by you) and the survivors of a friend (controlled), and you can help to reinforce acceptance and while he is online.
maybe the resources can be divided in 50-50 percent

Why would it be a good idea? Thus the community of "dead zone" will have more contact with each other, and most likely the community will grow

reasons: to improve the dynamics of the game, and improve the multiplayer gameplay issues

Edited by fabriziomoon, 19 October 2015 - 08:15 PM.

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 817 posts

Why can't I raid players who are online?

Latency is the issue here. We have centralized servers, the fast paced nature of the game doesn't allow for an even playing field when lag is involved.

On top of that, we've chosen not to build the game to cater for real time multiplayer, to do so would need a complete overhaul of the combat systems.

-Con

This, so PvP is ruled out, but we could also apply this to missions as well because there would be massive lag due to how the server saves data at the beginning and start of the mission, you would have to constantly connect to the server to see where the other leaders are.

Edited by MW3ProPiper, 19 October 2015 - 08:22 PM.

longorjames

longorjames
  • 210 posts

I was thinking...
Why not have a mode where players can do missions with your friends

I mean, you can go to certain areas of your survivors (controlled by you) and the survivors of a friend (controlled), and you can help to reinforce acceptance and while he is online.
maybe the resources can be divided in 50-50 percent

Why would it be a good idea? Thus the community of "dead zone" will have more contact with each other, and most likely the community will grow

reasons: to improve the dynamics of the game, and improve the multiplayer gameplay issues

I was always wanting to do PvE co-op with my friend, maybe make it 2-3 survivors per player if you are playing with 1 other friend. But I like the idea of separate loot, instead of only getting the same amount of loot and giving each player their own stuff, as opposed to splitting what loot you already get into half. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ideas, Multiplayer, coop, friends, missions