Photo

Ssss Vs. Ssso

crafting comparison halloween

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

zsoleszdc

zsoleszdc
  • 380 posts

I have made a test with the 2 most popularly crafted shotguns in the game, I have compared the Sacrilegious Six Sixty Six and the Superior Savage Sawn-Off. I have tried to thest them with the best matching items possibe; naturally, these were the same with both of the weapons tested.

You might say that the picture could have been better organized; it is true, but as I did not own neither the bandolier nor the hat, I have tried to make the comparison as fast as possible, only to give back the items I do not own to their rightful owner. But I do hope that you find the comparison useful.

Cheers, Zsolti

4MtjDtt.png

Edited by zsoleszdc, 20 October 2015 - 03:31 PM.

Scrub McLordington LXIX

Scrub McLordington LXIX
  • 1,366 posts

Notice that the SSSO fires at only 33% of the speed that the SSSS does, this is the main reason why the DPS is lower even though it does 3 times the damage per shot.

I'd pick the SSSO, because i find the range more usefull.

Max1144

Max1144
  • 416 posts

SSSS has still only 88% hit chance while sawn-off is at max 99%., Better crafted Terror will bump the dps higher.

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 808 posts

SSSS has still only 88% hit chance while sawn-off is at max 99%., Better crafted Terror will bump the dps higher.

Yep, just the fact that s666 has lower hit chance than the sawn off increases the s666's potential dps.

And there is another thing separating the performance of the two weapons, "effective dps".

When you shoot a zombie at low health, the last shot hits it and it dies, but a portion of that damage is "wasted"

A gun like the sawn off with high damage and low capacity would have a lower "effective dps" due to more damage wasted on an already low health zed.

The s666 on the other hand, would have less wasted damage and due to having a higher cap and aps, would have a higher "effective dps"

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,725 posts

I've never found a 96% reload in over three years of playing this game, and naturally feel bitter and cheated. But yes, missions with two of those new shotties and three 666s are a stroll, literally :) 

Max1144

Max1144
  • 416 posts

Yep, just the fact that s666 has lower hit chance than the sawn off increases the s666's potential dps.

And there is another thing separating the performance of the two weapons, "effective dps".

When you shoot a zombie at low health, the last shot hits it and it dies, but a portion of that damage is "wasted"

A gun like the sawn off with high damage and low capacity would have a lower "effective dps" due to more damage wasted on an already low health zed.

The s666 on the other hand, would have less wasted damage and due to having a higher cap and aps, would have a higher "effective dps"

True that. Still ppl usually look at numbers and numbers only ;)

Vault_Dweller

Vault_Dweller
  • 49 posts

Thanks for the comparison. Appreciate your effort. Have you done the same for other new items?

zsoleszdc

zsoleszdc
  • 380 posts

Thanks for the comparison. Appreciate your effort. Have you done the same for other new items?

Nope, i could not craft any good ones from other uniques, but i would say that the hammer has good stats, imo.

aldo543

aldo543
  • 28 posts

I never craft weapons, so am a bit confused about this.

1) Did you get those crafting bonuses with crafting kits?

2) If I use a base weapon with its own bonuses, will it carry over to the final product? (E.g. a shotgun with +19% effective range, and I upgrade it to the Ssso, would it still have the +19% effective range)

zsoleszdc

zsoleszdc
  • 380 posts

I never craft weapons, so am a bit confused about this.

1) Did you get those crafting bonuses with crafting kits?

2) If I use a base weapon with its own bonuses, will it carry over to the final product? (E.g. a shotgun with +19% effective range, and I upgrade it to the Ssso, would it still have the +19% effective range)

1. I used a 9% gunsmith monthly + 15% chance of crafting bonus (alliance) + 50% crafting book

2. Unfortunately, no, you will lose the base stats from the first craft.

aldo543

aldo543
  • 28 posts

1. I used a 9% gunsmith monthly + 15% chance of crafting bonus (alliance) + 50% crafting book

2. Unfortunately, no, you will lose the base stats from the first craft.

Thank you.

Hm, looks like I will finally have to join an alliance.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: crafting, comparison, halloween