Ideas For Upcoming Updates For The Game

new updates ideas weapons gear districts union city new zombies

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Souvage012

Souvage012
  • 27 posts

Wishlist

(Not sure I should call it like this. Maybe Zombie Santa will pass this to Con and his team)

New areas:

* Green Plains. Level 51. Located on the northernmost part of the city. Mix of suburban and rural locations.

* Whistler's Forest. Level 52. West of Trenton and Riverside. Mostly rural.

These locations would be filled with residences, depots, warehouses, highways, stores, construction sites, suburban streets and a hospital and police HQ here and there. The new locations to scavenge might also be included.

New locations to scavenge:

* Strip Mall. Probably made by taking the Large Motel map, reskin it, replace rooms with stores (pharmacy, mini market, clothing stores, camping supplies, etc.) and some abandoned cars on the side. 

* Farm. The farmstead, barn and/or any other building will not be explored but rather the outside, which was used by people as sanctuary before the zombies showed up. It will be the size of the Military Base map but with zombies spawning from the withered cornfield surrounding the place.

* Truck stop. A gas station (Pumps empty), an auto repair shop, a diner, some restrooms and a small park nearby with vending machines. Zombies come from both sides of the road and nearby woods. Vehicles of all sorts fill the area.

* Quarantine Zone (if that's the proper name). Refugees from other cities would arrive here, the military and HERC would coordinate to control the flow of incoming vehicles, check civilians, separate the infected from the rest, check their papers and allow them entry to the city. The infected were kept in a fenced area. Of course, they broke out and killed everyone. 

* Campsite. A group of tents with some vehicles in the middle or the edge of the woods. Zombies spawning everywhere.

(To give more life to all road-involved locations, vehicles such as military trucks, ambulances, fire engines and RVs should be added)

That's all for the moment. More may be coming

Edited by Souvage012, 04 December 2015 - 03:17 AM.

Rose Mantis

Rose Mantis
  • 1,009 posts

for the forest, instead of houses and such... Trailer Parks and Campgrounds

And we definitely need a Carnival.

Can we rename this post (New areas Ideas) and sticky it though, too help avoid reposts?

Souvage012

Souvage012
  • 27 posts

for the forest, instead of houses and such... Trailer Parks and Campgrounds

And we definitely need a Carnival.

Can we rename this post (New areas Ideas) and sticky it though, too help avoid reposts?

well those trailer parks could also be a location but they should be scarce and in the outskirts of the city.

I dont think a carnaval could fill as a place, since there only could be one carnival

The Architect

The Architect
  • 2,995 posts

Minigun... We also need miniguns...

As well as HERC bases...

Edited by GabbyManuel, 26 May 2013 - 11:46 AM.

Dead Generations

Dead Generations
  • 1,076 posts

As well as HERC bases...

Wait. . . why do we need miniguns and HERC bases?

Midimiaow

Midimiaow
  • 329 posts

I would actually quite like the idea of a train depot. We have a subway; the subway's got to go somewhere XD

and I'm not quite sure about the whole minigun and herc base thing either, but why not?

Edited by Midimiaow, 26 May 2013 - 12:35 PM.

The Architect

The Architect
  • 2,995 posts

Wait. . . why do we need miniguns and HERC bases?

A proper MG for the Engineer, HERC bases can be filled with supply boxes as well as ample amount of weapons and ammo.

Dead Generations

Dead Generations
  • 1,076 posts

A proper MG for the Engineer, HERC bases can be filled with supply boxes as well as ample amount of weapons and ammo.

A H.E.R.C. base would only be another type of security but with a higher chance of looting supply boxes. And the minigun is being planned, but they're probably working on the stats atm if they're still working on it.

The Architect

The Architect
  • 2,995 posts

A H.E.R.C. base would only be another type of security but with a higher chance of looting supply boxes. And the minigun is being planned, but they're probably working on the stats atm if they're still working on it.

Lol, wouldn't it be funny if GlaDos (RNG dudette) would spam with Vests?

No that's not funny at all.

But what about this; Random HERC bases that you have about 20 mins of window time to access them for a mission. It appears at random times at a random point map, and it is always at the same level as your level, except the items looted do not exceed to the current level cap.

The Random HERC bases only show up after every after missions, implying that some survivors report that they saw some good place to check out. And the 20min window time will be only when you access your account.

Edited by GabbyManuel, 26 May 2013 - 12:54 PM.

Dead Generations

Dead Generations
  • 1,076 posts

-snip-

Teleporting buildings!

The Architect

The Architect
  • 2,995 posts

Teleporting buildings!

No, just bases. After all it's a possibility that some survivors may spot some of their bases, then eventually they will be too overrun of zombies so missions are impossible at all.

Dead Generations

Dead Generations
  • 1,076 posts

No, just bases. After all it's a possibility that some survivors may spot some of their bases, then eventually they will be too overrun of zombies so missions are impossible at all.

Even if it's overrun you can just run in there with some nice swords and lmgs.

e6scout

e6scout
  • 1 posts

All of these are great ideas but how about improving your position one thing in the military you learn is always improving your position I.E. better bobby traps improving walls and towers maybe for the game the appearence maybe allow more barbed wire and spike walls not for zombies but for raids. With the creation of C4 pipebombs and frags maybe allow the creation of cement towers walls and gates to help counter a little bit. I know there are going to be haters on this post calling it stupid and what not but as with evolution of weapons defenses should evolve as well. thanks Con Artists best game ever been with you since last stand

SleepWalker

SleepWalker
  • 382 posts

I'm in it for the weapons and gear, but higher chance of supply boxes?  Really?  I would rather much prefer a chance to find some key cards, be it even a 1% it's still better than boxes.

Dead Generations

Dead Generations
  • 1,076 posts

I'm in it for the weapons and gear, but higher chance of supply boxes?  Really?  I would rather much prefer a chance to find some key cards, be it even a 1% it's still better than boxes.

It's not my idea, I just said what it would be if it was added.

Souvage012

Souvage012
  • 27 posts

I forgot also:

Active gear:

-> Explosive charge

* Dynamite: Level 10. Only found by scavenging in: Construction sites, hardware stores (though i dunno why would it be there), residences and streets

* I.E.D: Level 20 or 25. A group of several homemade explosive things (i was thinking of propane tanks but I don think its a good idea). Crafted using matches, cans, foil, fuse, metal and some spikes.

*C4: Level 26 to 30. Scavenging locations: Parks, streets, highways, security and police stations

-> Mines

Apart from your common scatterbombs and ding-dongs, the next could be added:

* Land Mine: Works the same like in the second Last Stand game. Found in: parks, streets and highways

* Tripwire mine: Craftable, level 15.

-> Riot shields

* Police shield: The police, clear, polymer shield. Light and allows user to keep its effective range and accuracy. Cons: Does not cover all body, its weak against high level rifles. AR, LMG and explosives. Cannot be planted in the ground

* Ballistic shield: Similar to the ones from the riot zombies in TLS:UC, they cover the whole body, resist high level rifle, AR and LMG bullets. Cons: Heavy; slows down user, reduces effective range and accuracy (for having a small eye slot hole), weak against explosives

And the million dollar question, why not to add the Compound bow and the Hell Slinger?? Separate ammo icons should be made but they go towards the ammo counter. The compound bow could be found in lvl 18 (and forward) areas while the Hell Slinger is craftable and the bow even has its unique conditions (damaged, old and unwieldly being the common bad ones). Of course they would not be effective against armored and dog zombies. (the first for obvious reasons and the second for being small and fast). but they could be a 'refresh' in your weapons of choice for zombie killing

Souvage012

Souvage012
  • 27 posts

As well as HERC bases...

Con recently said that the minigun will be ready if/when he (and his team) decide to put it

Souvage012

Souvage012
  • 27 posts

Been thinking a lot since I last wrote here and I have moe ideas Con and /or his team should consider (or not, he has enough experience to come up with new content)

For Levels 40 to 45

Weapons:

- Calico M110

- Winchester Model 1887 

- Spectre M4

- H&K G11

- CZ 75 Automatic

- Steyr SSG 99

- HS 10 Shotgun

- WA2000

- UTAS UTS-15

- VKS sniper rifle

- Improvised Splitting maul (sledgehammer/axe combo)

Districts:

- Alton/Bricks

- Newtown/Uptown

- Green Plains/Whistler's Forest

One of them can be picked or all of them. In the case of Alton/Bricks it has residential, industrial locations. Newtown/Uptown has commercial, office locations. Green Plains/Whistler's Forest it has residential, some stores, small business and military bases [for being in the outskirts] scavenging locations:

- Truck stop (components, resources, perhaps food and water)

- Crashed airplane (because after the fire, something can be savaged from a crashed commercial airliner)

- Dinner (food and water mostly)

- Junkyard (mostly junk and resources)

- Aid Station; a temporary HERC aid station (itgave medical aid and coordinated evac efforts, has medical supplies as well as residence stuff)

- Ship graveyard; the remnants of HERC's sunk ships, loot similar to that of the warehouse

All open for your opinions and more suggestions. Nothing farfetched please

Edited by Souvage012, 19 April 2014 - 12:09 AM.

Lord Kronosian

Lord Kronosian
  • 1,119 posts
Can we have a herc encampment and or processing area with guns ammo food water and medical equipment

Souvage012

Souvage012
  • 27 posts

NEW SCHEMATICS

In other words; MKII versions for  remaining Premiun weapons:

-> G36A2

Between Lvls 34 to 45

Better hit chance, reloading time and rate of fire

-> G18-MP MkII

Between Lvls 35 to 38 

Increased hit chance and range

-> FA-332 (since the original model is the Fa-223)

Between Lvls 38 and 47

Increased hit chance and damage

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: new, updates, ideas, weapons, gear, districts, union city, new zombies