Photo

Hrc- Herc Renegade Commando, Alliance Of Herc

raid HERC alliiance war point

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

zsoleszdc

zsoleszdc
  • 380 posts

My idea is that players could raid HERC not only on the Island, but on differert compounds, too.

HERC alliance members would have a flag, just like other alliance members, and taking it would result in war points. On the map, different HERC compounds would turn up, with different copmpound layout (and equipment) with easy, medium and hard difficulties, the harder the compound, the more revarding the raid for the raider in terms of war points. 

These compounds could turn up every 5th level, and players would not be allowed to raid them if the level difference is bigger than 5. So a level 50 players could not raid a level 20 HRC compound equipped with weapons levelled 20 or lower.

The main problem is the compound layout, as players could get used to the same compound layout agiain and again (like it happens with the island). This could be avoided by copying the building structure and equipment of the main raiding alliances (Legion, Angels of Apocalypse etc.). So, unlike the island, the raiders would face different HERC compounds raid after raid.

This would be useful, as using PvE raid could give more targets for raiding enthusiasts, while White Flag users, just like me, could not participate in this. These HRC compounds would serve just like instances in WoW.

Finally, if you want a story behind it: some HERC soldiers became aware that their presence is in vain on the island, so they left it with some stolen helicopters, and build up defences among the survivors, becoming renegade soldiers.

Before I leave the game, I wanted to put down my last idea here. Needs balancing (war points, resources, etc.), but I think it worths the effort. Any thought about this?

Pro_Tyle

Pro_Tyle
  • 149 posts

This sounds pretty cool and creative, I like it for the most part

However the coping compound thing I dont think would work well; Im guessing it would cause a 'Con likes my compound! My defense is better than yours!" kinda thingy. As well as some may even feel cheated that thier defense is put out there in the open where people are forced to find ways though 'their' compound thus making them easier to raid for others

Also plz dont leave :(

Scrub McLordington LXIX

Scrub McLordington LXIX
  • 1,366 posts

Why not just name HERC [HERC]...they'd be easy to define since they'd be the only ones with a 4-letter Tag

Their compounds would basically be makeshift FOB's which we could raid, although something similar to this has been suggested before.

Edited by Scrub McLordington LXIX, 01 November 2015 - 11:30 PM.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,763 posts

It's certainly food for thought. I just did a weekend of raiding and cleared the 300 points. Only one person tried to hit that account back. Raiding something other than other players would be an intriguing area to explore; especially given the compound layout could in theory be radically different. 

Anyway, +1 from me :)

The Conspiracy Guy

The Conspiracy Guy
  • 165 posts

like, maybe there are HERC compounds on some of the compound spaces, with defenses ranging from noob to pro based on level of the place.

zsoleszdc

zsoleszdc
  • 380 posts

Why not just name HERC [HERC]...they'd be easy to define since they'd be the only ones with a 4-letter Tag

Their compounds would basically be makeshift FOB's which we could raid, although something similar to this has been suggested before.

I have thought about a 4-letter name, only I don't know if it is technically possible from the devs.

Max1144

Max1144
  • 416 posts

I like that idea too  - might be a solution to the lack of targets we are currently facing. As for layouts - just copy 1:1 defences with the best defecnce ratio and then add some additional traps for extra fun. ( 10 herc mines anyone ? )

I am not really sure if ppl under WF should be taken away this option. I mean it would be an excelent way for them to learn raiding in practice while being safe.

1+ from me :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: raid, HERC, alliiance, war point