Photo

When To Count A Disconnect

disconnect abandoned lockout timer

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

joeIII

joeIII
  • 429 posts

There are a number of us that seem to be having more problems with disconnects and flash crashes.  I know the dev team is doing their best to get this sorted and the game more stable.  And that these are complex issues needing a lot of coding time.

In the meantime, I would like to suggest a simpler stopgap that may reduce some player frustration.  Many software problems seem to occur when a mission/raid is loading.  When a mission/raid disconnects in the first second, it is never done 'strategically' as an exploit.  If the area/raid/abandoned raid lockout was not trigger was set not at mission load, but at 1 second AFTER the mission loads, this would allow these raids/missions to be replayed.  

This won't fix the problem of disconnects and flash crashes.  It will do nothing if a crash occurs half way through a mission.  It will simply remove the penalties levied against missions that are CLEARLY not exploits.  It requires a small amount of work with the code, but would move the game from 'unplayable' to 'annoying' for many players.

joeIII

joeIII
  • 429 posts

I know its uber-gauche to necro one's own thread, but surely I'm not the only one with this problem? 

It's super annoying, and pretty easy to fix.  If I'm alone I'll STFU and stew in my own frustration.  Just wanted to give this one last shot.

DJboutit

DJboutit
  • 50 posts

I am having the same problem beeing disconnected 1/3 of the way through a building losing  all lot and experince and having to wait for your people to return for nothing

I suggest 3k to 5k experince and 50 fule for having to put up with being disconnect way to much

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 817 posts

I am having the same problem beeing disconnected 1/3 of the way through a building losing  all lot and experince and having to wait for your people to return for nothing

I suggest 3k to 5k experince and 50 fule for having to put up with being disconnect way to much

50 fuel? that would make scores of people refresh just for the fuel. Then you look at people with DMU...

The Conspiracy Guy

The Conspiracy Guy
  • 165 posts

maybe the experience, but 50 fuel cost so much thats just BS.

DJboutit

DJboutit
  • 50 posts

maybe the experience, but 50 fuel cost so much thats just BS.

I got 40 fule from only like 10 to 12 building search.  So you been disconnected lose everything and locked out of 6 to 10 building so you get no loot 50 fule should equal the loot you should have.

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 817 posts

I got 40 fule from only like 10 to 12 building search.  So you been disconnected lose everything and locked out of 6 to 10 building so you get no loot 50 fule should equal the loot you should have.

That's called a fuel cap, when you disconnect/refresh, it was like the mission never happened, so I surmise that you would still be able to scavenge the cap.

Asking Con to give you free fuel for disconnecting, you are asking him to make a game exploit basically. Free fuel from disconnects, not going to happen.

joeIII

joeIII
  • 429 posts

Sure, probably Con will not give a "reward" when the game messes up.  But it could also knock it off with the "punishments".  At the very least in the cases where it is definitely the game's fault.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: disconnect, abandoned lockout, timer