Photo

Ideas For New Building, Mission Zones, And Items

HERC Items Missions Compound Buildings Weapons Guns Survivors Active Gear

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Sarcosuchus

Sarcosuchus
  • 13 posts

Thinking back to the story behind HERC in the loading screen timeline and in the Dead Zone single player games really got me thinking on new mission zones for ALL levels of players. HERC was part of the quarantine and captured and experimented on the infected and survivors so it would make sense for them to have set up research facilities within the Dead Zone. Also, the HERC on Union Island have to have gotten their supplies from somewhere other than Union City. Another kind of idea that I have is for new compound defenses and the use of useless components. If you think that the ideas are good, but not complete, please tell me how I could improve on them.

Mission Zones

1. Since HERC probably had research facilities set up within the Dead Zone, then these places could be added and have their own unique(Not the rarity) kinds of items. And this could be like the Union Island Raid except for players between the levels of 10-55.

2. The Dead Zone timeline mentions the "Discovery of automated HERC defenses surrounding the outskirts of the city". So what about having survivors being able to battle these automated defenses, and completion of the mission will award special Schematics

Items

1. Relating back to 1st idea of a mission zone. This is to extend the possibilities of active gear. When going through a research facility one will most certainly come across samples, or serums or some sort. My idea is to have special ammunition as active gear that can temporarily either convert a survivor into a temporary infected, or an infected into a survivor. Turning survivors into infected, especially during a raid, can completely change the tide. This will encourage more diverse compound layouts other than just grouping all defenders in one spot, because the infected person will immediately attack the closest survivor, even an attacker. The infected defender will not be able to use weapons, but any effects of armor of class will stay. And when turning an infected into a classless survivor they will stay an AI, so to be under the control of the player, and start scavenging for their own weapon, and after that they will assist in the killing of infected, until they die or until the missions end.

2.  Most active gear deal damage to anything in range while others(smoke) make a cover for attackers. I think that there should be flash, sting, and tear gas grenades that causes all survivor within a medium sized range to become suppressed. This would also cause more diverse compound layouts and add some more dimensions onto active gear.

Other

1. Relating to the 2nd idea of mission zones. A defensive building is required to be crafted from obtaining special schematics could be a machine gun like defense being compromised of 2 machine-guns or mini-guns and uses pipes(component), grips, barrels, metal plates, motors, copper wires, and large amounts of metal and wood. It would also make use of components that are collected in inventories in large amounts. The result would have to have negative effects as well as positive just to balance things out:

Pros:

-High APS

-High damage

-High ammo capacity

-Uses plastic for ammo

-Medium range

-Very high attacker suppression

Cons (No pun intended):

-Very long reload time (like 10 seconds)

-Very low accuracy (to balance high damage and APS)

-Like wheel trap, has to be reloaded after being used during defense

-Requires 2 survivors to be used effectively

-Only placed indoors (to keep from overpowering outside defense layouts)

-Low to medium cover

-Can't be upgraded

Tell me what you think which you like the best or dislike, and make suggestions on how the ideas could be improved.

Edited by Sarcosuchus, 11 November 2015 - 10:50 PM.

Halbrek

Halbrek
  • 12 posts

I really like the flash bang idea. Realistic too. Then there could also be gear that counters the flash bang, but would have to be equipped.

The Conspiracy Guy

The Conspiracy Guy
  • 165 posts

Thinking back to the story behind HERC in the loading screen timeline and in the Dead Zone single player games really got me thinking on new mission zones for ALL levels of players. HERC was part of the quarantine and captured and experimented on the infected and survivors so it would make sense for them to have set up research facilities within the Dead Zone. Also, the HERC on Union Island have to have gotten their supplies from somewhere other than Union City. Another kind of idea that I have is for new compound defenses and the use of useless components. If you think that the ideas are good, but not complete, please tell me how I could improve on them.

Mission Zones

1. Since HERC probably had research facilities set up within the Dead Zone, then these places could be added and have their own unique(Not the rarity) kinds of items. And this could be like the Union Island Raid except for players between the levels of 10-55.

2. The Dead Zone timeline mentions the "Discovery of automated HERC defenses surrounding the outskirts of the city". So what about having survivors being able to battle these automated defenses, and completion of the mission will award special Schematics

Items

1. Relating back to 1st idea of a mission zone. This is to extend the possibilities of active gear. When going through a research facility one will most certainly come across samples, or serums or some sort. My idea is to have special ammunition as active gear that can temporarily either convert a survivor into a temporary infected, or an infected into a survivor. Turning survivors into infected, especially during a raid, can completely change the tide. This will encourage more diverse compound layouts other than just grouping all defenders in one spot, because the infected person will immediately attack the closest survivor, even an attacker. The infected defender will not be able to use weapons, but any effects of armor of class will stay. And when turning an infected into a classless survivor they will stay an AI, so to be under the control of the player, and start scavenging for their own weapon, and after that they will assist in the killing of infected, until they die or until the missions end.

2.  Most active gear deal damage to anything in range while others(smoke) make a cover for attackers. I think that there should be flash, sting, and tear gas grenades that causes all survivor within a medium sized range to become suppressed. This would also cause more diverse compound layouts and add some more dimensions onto active gear.

Other

1. Relating to the 2nd idea of mission zones. A defensive building is required to be crafted from obtaining special schematics could be a machine gun like defense being compromised of 2 machine-guns or mini-guns and uses pipes(component), grips, barrels, metal plates, motors, copper wires, and large amounts of metal and wood. It would also make use of components that are collected in inventories in large amounts. The result would have to have negative effects as well as positive just to balance things out:

Pros:

-High APS

-High damage

-High ammo capacity

-Uses plastic for ammo

-Medium range

-Very high attacker suppression

Cons (No pun intended):

-Very long reload time (like 10 seconds)

-Very low accuracy (to balance high damage and APS)

-Like wheel trap, has to be reloaded after being used during defense

-Requires 2 survivors to be used effectively

-Only placed indoors (to keep from overpowering outside defense layouts)

-Low to medium cover

-Can't be upgraded

Tell me what you think which you like the best or dislike, and make suggestions on how the ideas could be improved.

REAL SORRY FOR NECRO.

maybe the research facility may have higher chance of research stuff, and agree with most of the rest.

But, how are survivors supposed to take down a 30mm machine gun covered in metal without risking death? maybe make it optional missions and allow them to be scavenged after deactivated like mines, have a good chance of getting good loot.

Ngati Porou

Ngati Porou
  • 79 posts

I like the automated HERC defense system idea mate.

Sarcosuchus

Sarcosuchus
  • 13 posts

REAL SORRY FOR NECRO.

maybe the research facility may have higher chance of research stuff, and agree with most of the rest.

But, how are survivors supposed to take down a 30mm machine gun covered in metal without risking death? maybe make it optional missions and allow them to be scavenged after deactivated like mines, have a good chance of getting good loot.

Isn't that every time anyone does a mission, raid, or Union Island they survivors risk "death". And any say the Island is too easy now. So having something that can shred a survivor and cant be suppressed would provide a "real" challenge. When someone keeps losing and then they finally win, seems more rewarding (or disappointing). And maybe it could be like the compound infected attacks, where the level of the enemy is equal to the level of the player.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: HERC, Items, Missions, Compound, Buildings, Weapons, Guns, Survivors, Active Gear