Photo

Game Unplayable Since Tuesday 12pm Est

lag crash help

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

IndigoEarth

IndigoEarth
  • 39 posts

I don't know what the heck the deal is with this game these days. Ever since the halloween items stopped dropping, there has been CONSTANT lag and RAM capacity pushing 1.4 GB.

This is just awful.... more than 40% of my alliance members have the same issue and we all live in different areas: Germany, Finland, Scotland, Canada, Florida, California, Philippines, etc. 

This week is our GOLD boost round and we cant even play the game because it stutters and crashes after 10 minutes.

We are using the browsers we always have, and JAVA is up-to-date. I've heard many others are experiencing same problem.

What the hell is going on?

bob sagad

bob sagad
  • 271 posts

Ouch I have the same problem with Internet Explorer keep on saying that it is not responding( It only happens with this game)

Strider

Strider
  • 246 posts

I've got a similar issue running it on Mozilla, there's a script or something on the Armor Games page that keeps refreshing (for the ads I think), which I think might be the issue. The game freezes and unfreezes really often for me about every 4 seconds or so for a second. It's not entirely unplayable but it does make running missions annoying and the longer the game is running the worse the freezes get in duration and frequency.

edit: Scratch that, the lag cost me one of my missions because the clicks didn't register when the game freezes and ended up making my survivor throw a grenade instead of moving in that direction. I checked RAM usage and right now it's peaking at 2.4GB usage, which is absurd as even higher end games like GTA5 don't go past 1.6GB on my computer. This game has always suffered from serious optimization issues and this is the worst I've seen it.

Edited by Strider, 12 November 2015 - 11:35 AM.

frijolito

frijolito
  • 233 posts

Con,

I'm having this on my account FrijolitoUK on AG. All my other accounts on Kong work fine and my alt KennyKennington on AG also works fine. I think its a issue with some accounts only. I cannot play realistically on my main on AG due to this, within a minute it hogs all CPU and memory, please help!

NumberOne

NumberOne
  • 56 posts

How do you check RAM usage in win7? Im just curious.

Right click the taskbar and select task manager.

JCBecks

JCBecks
  • 272 posts

This is basically life in the Dead Zone on Armor Games and Facebook for the past month or so. I've cleared cache, closed every other process other than the browser I use for the game. Happens on Chrome and Firefox, regular and incognito/private tabs.

https://youtu.be/fQYIWSD3Cck

Sorry, don't know how to embed YouTube video here D:

sirebellum

sirebellum
  • 8 posts

Same problem here as well. Severe lag with no playabilty at all. About ready to kick this game to the curb. Sorry CON this one is blowing major chunks. Can't complete any missions as personnel stay rooted to spawn area or will not respond to commands to move or search. No changes to my browser or flash player. Cleared cahe and history thining this might help. Nope no change. Even tried playing through on a buddies system set up to run 4GB chip set with 3D acccleration and top line video card. It was even worse on his. Hope this issue is addressed soon. Use to love this game just deeply disappointed now.

IndigoEarth

IndigoEarth
  • 39 posts

Our alliance do NOT save up 4000 tokens over 2 months for the GOLD boost just to be screwed over by this sh*t. Would be very deserving to receive some substantial compensation considering we loot 1-3 Uni's daily with the 25%+ Quality Loot. I am extremely pissed.

No response from any Admins/Devs, i suppose they are just laughing at us. Another day of this, I'll be quitting.

Con

Con
  • 4,275 posts

Just to make this clear, Duck and JC:

What you're experiencing is not lag. It is long loading times. They're very different. They're not significantly impacted by your computer speed. 

Clearing your cache will make the problem worse, because you're forcing the game to re-download everything. The game has a lot of assets that it needs to run, so it can take a long time to download these when you have a slow connection. 

- What browsers are you guys using?

- What is your internet speed / connection?

Indigo - the game doesn't use JAVA, so you're wasting your time there. Flash though, you should make sure your player is up to date. Have you tried updating those browsers? Have you tried a different computer? Are your problems the same as the ones in the video? 

Nothing changed on our end, but there is a possibility that the CDN (giant file network) that we're attached to is having trouble serving files this week. I'll ask our third party providers if there's anything going on.

bob sagad

bob sagad
  • 271 posts

Finally Fixed my lag by trying out Opera. Still a bit laggy but atleast its playable.

IndigoEarth

IndigoEarth
  • 39 posts

We appreciate your acknowledgement of this brutal situation.
The video above is an almost perfect depiction of what the issue is. I try to play the island Stage 1, the game lags so bad it behaves like a strobe light... i lose 3 survivors, and 6 minutes into the lagged raid, flash crashes.

NOTHING has changed on 'our' end of things. We still use same browsers (I use I.E.) and also tried chrome + firefox... same deal. Flash indeed is updated. Connection is smooth, i get minimum 54 MB/sec on wireless, and with direct Ethernet, its 100MB/sec.

This IS something ON YOUR END. It's not as if 100+ Regulars in DZ amazingly/coincidentally and suddenly had unplayable lag - out of nowhere! ....as SOON as the Halloween stuff stopped dropping (around Tuesday) alllll this crap began acting up with many many many accounts. To be precise, i noticed it at 4:00pm EST. Tuesday RIGHT after we paid for GOLD boost. (would be around 7am Wednesday in Oz)

Just tested again now.... within 4 1/2 minutes, my RAM shot up to 1.3 GB and Flash crashed. Why, suddenly, would everyone's game be crashing and RAM blowing sky-high out of control? 100+ ppl didnt simultaneously make a detrimental change to their settings....

Once we figure this out... if ever... please compensate our alliance for the tokens we wasted this week, or gift us a handful of UNI HAULS... prem keys, uni tokens, special 25% Looters lasting for an hour... something to make up for this frustration. Only a fraction of us have been patient to fight through the lag.

Thanks

JCBecks

JCBecks
  • 272 posts

Just to make this clear, Duck and JC:

What you're experiencing is not lag. It is long loading times. They're very different. They're not significantly impacted by your computer speed. 

Clearing your cache will make the problem worse, because you're forcing the game to re-download everything. The game has a lot of assets that it needs to run, so it can take a long time to download these when you have a slow connection. 

- What browsers are you guys using?

- What is your internet speed / connection?

Con -

I experience this issue on both my Macbook (Chrome & Firefox) and my PC at my office (Chrome & Firefox). As I mentioned, I have tried normal browser tabs and also incognito/private as I know sometimes extensions may affect performance.

My speeds are just fine :P

fLGxfGz.png

frijolito

frijolito
  • 233 posts

Con, today seems a little better, CPU hogs during missions, but memory doesn't run up so quick.

Only thing is my survivors are invisible, I wonder if the hogs to do with some clothing? as its not there, games playing better??

6jhona.jpg

Strider

Strider
  • 246 posts

I think Con's request for your internet speeds (JC and Duck) is regarding the slow loading (which isn't what lag is lol), which is not the issue I am referring to here, you guys are facing an entirely different problem than the one being addressed in this thread. I have that problem every time I open this game, that's just the thing when your internet speed peaks at 600kb/s. You guys kind of ended up derailing the issue being referred to here. Do you really think people are calling the game "unplayable" because loading takes a little longer than usual. I meant the game freezes and unfreezes constantly, FPS takes a huge dip down to the shitter and game stops entirely and then slow climbs and the cycle repeats every few seconds. The slow loading times really have no impact on your CPU usage whatsoever.

DJboutit

DJboutit
  • 50 posts

For me when I first load the game or comback from a mission all the stuff I have built or the items I have takes 1 or 2 min to load this should take 10 sec max this is kinda annoying

Strider

Strider
  • 246 posts

For me when I first load the game or comback from a mission all the stuff I have built or the items I have takes 1 or 2 min to load this should take 10 sec max this is kinda annoying

Once again, let me restate that this isn't the issue the OP is addressing.

Strider

Strider
  • 246 posts

Any of you have an update on this? Problems seem to have ceased for me for the time being. I'd like to hear if anyone else is still facing this issue. I didn't change anything except clearing my cache a day before my last post so there's that but I highly doubt that was the solution as it persisted for a while after.

edit: Never mind the problem appears to have started again. I mentioned in one of my previous posts that a script is failing on the Armor Games page, this appears to be one of them.

Script: https://ssl.google-a...cs.com/ga.js:26

Edited by Strider, 16 November 2015 - 07:06 AM.

IndigoEarth

IndigoEarth
  • 39 posts

That is EXACTLY what just happened to me.

Immediately upon the previous war round ending, the problem ceased for 24 hrs; immediately upon this new round beginning, the problem revved right back up again. I've been playing the game for 18 months now, and never had this issue of 'mysterious' out-of-control RAM usage with strobe light-like lag.

Nobody has any idea whats going on? Has another Bermuda triangle 2.0 opened up south of Melbourne?
I mean the game is being ruined for dozens and dozens and dozens of players. And its not like we all did something wrong at exactly the same time....

Con

Con
  • 4,275 posts

Ok. 

Looking at this stuff guys, I'm not sure why I didn't figure it out earlier. It seems that the performance lag issue is being caused by a number of errors coming from the ads on the Armor Games page. 

We don't control those ads, Armor do. I've emailed Armor with some error messages, so hopefully they can look into it and get back to us soon. 

frijolito

frijolito
  • 233 posts

Ok. 

Looking at this stuff guys, I'm not sure why I didn't figure it out earlier. It seems that the performance lag issue is being caused by a number of errors coming from the ads on the Armor Games page. 

We don't control those ads, Armor do. I've emailed Armor with some error messages, so hopefully they can look into it and get back to us soon. 

Thanks con, its happening again for me, making my main account unusable, but you may be right as its different adverts between accounts normally..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lag, crash, help