Photo

Holiday Items: Christmas

Holiday Items Gear Components Crafting Christmas Tasks

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Sarcosuchus

Sarcosuchus
  • 13 posts

Since many apparently thought that I overdid my last topic by having a whole summary paragraph, here I'll just get strait to the point. Some miscellaneous ideas off the top of my head from 30 minutes ago. And could anyone that reads this actually reply their opinion, please.

Something for all Events:

Having survivors be transported to random event themed missions. Say a player gets all ready to scavenge a military base and presses Launch, the loading screen pops up normally, but afterward, it's not a military base at all. It's Santa's Workshop: Zombie Edition. The surprise map would have the exclusive holiday components, gear, weapons, and such.

Christmas and New Year's:

1-Instead of hunting done just Santa zombies for a Community Task, there could be 2 Community Task just like this Halloween's, one task to kill Santa infected, and another to kill Elf infected.

2-If there's Santa, there has to be a Sleigh,.....and reindeer. Another possible community task would be to build Santa's Sleigh,"So all the people of the Dead Zone can have a Merry Christmas."

3-I'm not sure whether Con has already done this before, but a Nutcracker themed clothing, with the red soldier uniform and the creepy face with bared teeth.

4-And the presents are always a good part of Christmas and the New Year

5-Since this is a time of giving, would it be a good idea for fuel required for trading be expended for a limited time?

Other Topics: http://forum.conarti...ones-and-items/

Edited by Sarcosuchus, 16 November 2015 - 05:19 AM.

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 808 posts

The thing for all events, this could be perceived as a bug, I think it would be better to just do it with event comps and event zeds like usual.

Sarcosuchus

Sarcosuchus
  • 13 posts

It never hurts to have a twist every now and then, and if it's announced then it won't be perceived as a bug.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,726 posts

I wonder if we'll get something like 'Santa's zombie elves' similar to those two thousand mile an hour berserkers we briefly had 

That would be cool :)

Wild_Bill_Hicup

Wild_Bill_Hicup
  • 6 posts

I like the Nutcracker uniform idea. :)

Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones
  • 242 posts

a nutcracker uniform would be awesome. especially if it were full body and not just a mask

Ngati Porou

Ngati Porou
  • 79 posts

Nutcracker uniform hell yea i will be keen on that.

Prpich25

Prpich25
  • 239 posts

Since many apparently thought that I overdid my last topic by having a whole summary paragraph, here I'll just get strait to the point. Some miscellaneous ideas off the top of my head from 30 minutes ago. And could anyone that reads this actually reply their opinion, please.

Something for all Events:

Having survivors be transported to random event themed missions. Say a player gets all ready to scavenge a military base and presses Launch, the loading screen pops up normally, but afterward, it's not a military base at all. It's Santa's Workshop: Zombie Edition. The surprise map would have the exclusive holiday components, gear, weapons, and such.

Sounds good an all, but i really would not want to go on a mission, only to be taken some place else. When i play mission's there is a purpose to them. Either im looking for ammo, building resources, food, water, going on a uni hunt, grinding for XP, grinding for survivor task, or doing my bounty. To be taken some place else over playing my prime locations to complete these things, would just piss me off.

More so, if I'm locked out of that same location for the next 24 hours, the loss of ammo for that mission, not to mention the load out and burning a book. Plus for those with out DMU's and they have to wait on the return time.

If I'm running a mission on a uni hunt, using a looter, a shiny, and opened a few box's, at an area where i know I'll have X amount of green box's, X amount of black containers, X amount of green lockers. I'm for sure not going to be to happy being in an area which sounds like it would be geared more towards finding event Comp items, and Premium event gear/weapon items. Its just that much more time wasted on an area i didn't chose to play in.

Don't get me wrong i like the idea, but not as a random event. Maybe if selected area's on the map where to have this, like once every 24 hours you can play it or something, but not randomly taking a player from where they want to play.

The Conspiracy Guy

The Conspiracy Guy
  • 165 posts

the santa's workshop thing does sound pretty cool, but I do see Prpich25's point. I too, like most players I would imagine, search specific areas for specific reasons. But if they created more than one map to send you to, it could fix this problem. What I mean is even though it takes you randomly to this "Santa's Workshop" have the loot themed towards the area chosen. So if you picked a police station and it takes you to the "Santa's Workshop", while there you find the event themed items as well as the weapons and ammo that is lvl appropriate to the area chosen.

basically, like when I loot a military base of my level I go to santas workshop, I got the stuff in his workshop as well as a pile of ammo and the PSGs of the area's level.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Holiday, Items, Gear, Components, Crafting, Christmas, Tasks