Photo

Changes To Infected Bounty Boxes

Infected Bounty Bounty Boxes Crafting Kits Research Items Medical Items Ammo Boxes

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Sgt_Den

Sgt_Den
  • 14 posts

The last time you changed the contents of infected bounty boxes you took out items that were useful to everyone. Especially non-DMU players and replaced the useful items with crafting kits, which are useful to only a few players. There needs to be a balance. There should be an equal chance to get those expensive medical items and ammo as there is to get kits, which to most people are useless. I would also suggest putting research notes in bounty boxes also. The limit of 3 research items per day is too low, you should make it 3 components and 1 notes per day. Thank You.

lolzarz

lolzarz
  • 395 posts

The kits are useful, make no mistake. That's why you craft in batches.

Strider

Strider
  • 209 posts

From what I read, they do have the research notes in bounty boxes. But yeah, the crafting kits are annoying when 3/4 of your rewards are the crafting kits. Has the ammo boxes also been removed from the bounty rewards? They were pretty handy.

The Wanderer

The Wanderer
  • 63 posts
Crafting kits are fine with me but the problem here is that almost all of the contents of the bounty box are kits. Why not make it one item each? There are 4 rewards that you can receive and it would be best if there is a seperate type of item for each slot instead of getting the same types of items.

Ronan

Ronan
  • 210 posts

The limit of 3 research items per day is too low, you should make it 3 components and 1 notes per day.

What you are asking for is what is already in place. The drop rate of the notes is so low that you don't get it every day, but the current cap is (from my and other players' experience) 3 research items and a note per day.

From what I read, they do have the research notes in bounty boxes.

So far, I only read messages from the devs concerning Island hauls and war boxes, nothing for the bounties.

The Wanderer

The Wanderer
  • 63 posts

So far, I only read messages from the devs concerning Island hauls and war boxes, nothing for the bounties.

Well bounty reward got remodeled a while ago so i guess it will take a while before they nerf it again.

passing player

passing player
  • 447 posts

Has the ammo boxes also been removed from the bounty rewards? They were pretty handy.

I have never owned one before, but I know they can be pretty handy to players having to complete a bounty or Island.

carloscar

carloscar
  • 47 posts

I remember when the ammo caches first got removed, several players used to buy them in bulk to replenish their stocks for tasks and raiding. Would definately be nice to see them reintroduced to the bounty boxes or maybe as an island haul item given the even larger ammo consumptions that some of the latest guns need?

It would benefit all players, even those with AC50 and also those who donate a heep ton of ammo in war tasks.

The ammo caches are in the island boxes I remember getting 2 caches about 2 months ago when I did the island for the last time, I don't know if it was removed after that but it was part of the rewards.

In the case of the ammo boxes not being in the bounty boxes and the meds I think this items were replaced with fuel, so instead of getting them for free you can actually craft them.

If you are a pve guy like me that was used to spend a lot of meds and ammo because they were free, now you only need to be careful and not let your survivors take injuries, plan where you are going and the amount of ammo you take per mission to be able to benefit from this fact and gain free fuel.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 664 posts

Yes changes are so needed, been getting 2-3 green kits almost every bounty and sometimes a thing of clothing. Here's my newest bounty.

http://prntscr.com/9ua7gl

RainbowDash_Love

RainbowDash_Love
  • 188 posts

Not only is the Bount box shit, the items are simply not worth the time you have to invest, you get clothing which you can't even sell for 6 to 1 level 3 i.e. Ski masks, Skullcaps, Sobrero's etc etc etc, and if you get something diffrent you get a bounty mask which are so common that youre almost forced to sell it for 1 key, else you dont get buyers BUT getting clothing is already very rare let alone it being a bounty mask or el diablo. But overly you get green recycler food kits and blue to rare weapons which arent even compared to the regular rare drops in the deadzone. i have seen a 1% rare carrier harnass (bra) this is outragous why even bother making it rare in the first place, the island box is a joke aswell, you get an 'almost' fixed kit with an scematic every single time since the release of the island today was the first time i ever had a prem + 25 fuel in the unique haul. The so called 'island' uniques are a joke there is not a space between really bad or really good, its utter crap or something really amazing, im not asking for uber uniques every time but just want to let the uniques roll how they used to roll not something really strange like a minigun with reload and move speed thats just a kick in the nuts from the lovely RNGesus

I dont know what you did to the box, con but i dont like it

Andre F S R

Andre F S R
  • 282 posts

The kits are useful, make no mistake. That's why you craft in batches.

Yes, the kits are usefull IF they are blue or purple and in a LARGE quantity, on the boutys they drop 1 at a time and its green ones that we can loot anywere....

Ronan

Ronan
  • 210 posts

I can't say everything done to reward boxes was badly done. Sure, every single weapon or gear (rare, purple or blue) is completely useless because of its capped level at 45 and its pityful stats. On the other hand, offering the possibility to get research notes instead of schematics in the Island hauls is very appreciated. Even if you don't care about research, notes are valuable items to trade. My personal impression on unis is that I get a little too much bows compared to other weapons. I won't make this a generality because this is a personal feeling (and even if I had figures, I read that many people had problems understanding statistics).

Now we are waiting for monthly tasks, what a pain it would be if you can be rewarded with schematics and kits!

However, when it comes to the bounty boxes, even with no DMU, I usually complete them with so little effort (100% success despite the vulgar reduction of required infected spawn rate) that I do not feel robbed for my time. It just became a pointless distracting feature (but you can still get keys sometimes!). I understand the desillusion of people who have to put a lot of effort into it.

Edited by Ronan, 25 January 2016 - 10:59 AM.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 664 posts

http://prntscr.com/9xw2lc

Yet another awful bounty.

At least one of them gave me a much needed 75 fuel if nothing else, but the last three bounties have been pretty useless with 2-3 green kits and some clothing.

Green kits should if nothing else just be changed to blue, maybe even purple.

Ronan

Ronan
  • 210 posts

There is a real problem with items generated from boxes. Here is a rare from my last bounty. I never keep weapons or gears from bounties because they are too low on level, but this is just an example.

oUl9l4o.png

Basically, this is worse than a green item. Putting some shiny painting on crap just points out the fact that there is still some coded conditions to change when you generate items from boxes.

Edited by Ronan, 22 March 2016 - 09:29 AM.

Vahx

Vahx
  • 195 posts

second bounty in a row where all 4 items are crafting kits... sigh

Edited by Vahx, 05 April 2016 - 08:53 PM.

jfrisk02

jfrisk02
  • 1 posts

I agree. Infected bounty's need better prizes for the effort put in. Keys, rares, uni's, are all things i had thought were in them but i have not recieved for the last 5 bounties or so i have worked hard at. The rate at which these items needs to be increased, as the rate for blue (superior) and clothes are astronomically high, unwanted, and discarded with haste.

I have bought the dmu upgrade and have to work outside of raiding for hours, (all day) to complete and feel the result should be worth it. I feel bad for the non-dmu players.

This is my request, better items in the infected bounty box, and a heads up so I will know to restart working for infected bounties. Thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Infected Bounty, Bounty Boxes, Crafting Kits, Research Items, Medical Items, Ammo Boxes