Photo

Trading Revamp

Trading Market Items Uniques Keys Traders

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

FLoor

FLoor
  • 143 posts

If any of you guys actually trade a lot, you'll have noticed by now that trading as it is is incredibly frustrating since everyone you encounter in the actual trade room is trying to sell their items for keys and there is no real way to look for specific items other than blindly asking around. Keys are scarce, hoarded by the rich old timers and only spent en masse on high tier snipers. The few keys you might accumulate over several months of trading are hard to spend on something decent even when you do have them, and when you are looking for specific items there's no guarantee that whoever has these items is even online. What I propose be added to the game is a marketplace not unlike the websites www.tf2outpost.com or trade.tf. These websites were created to catalyze trading in the game Team Fortress 2, and have been very effective in doing so. On them, players can propose trades showing what they are selling and what they would like in exchange, and posts can be made on the trades themselves to negotiate terms of the deal. I, being a long time TF2 (and deadzone) player know firsthand how much faster it is to trade using one of these websites on which you can search for things you would like to trade and propose trades of your own without the hassle of shouting over obnoxious low level players and spammers in a single chat room. This doesn't have to be a secondary website, it could be implemented directly into Dead Zone as another window you can browse, like you would the alliance window, bounty window or your compound lists.

A change like this would revamp people's abilities to trade massively and would allow for a much more free flowing economy. Without it trade, or at least the chat, is like a room full of shouting and crying kids trying desperately to get some keys while the old players sit in the shadows and hoard them all until they see something profitable.

EDIT: I know that third party, unofficial trading websites like this have been created already, but what I'm suggesting is merely that an official in-game trading board be added on which users can propose trades, comment on other proposed trades, search for specific items and ultimately speed up the whole trading process. This should not be a place where actual trades take place, merely a place where users can come into contact with other users who have specific items much more easily than any of the current chat rooms allow us to. From there they can contact each other via chat and trade normally.

TL,DR: Implement a marketplace into the game to make trading less idiotic than it is.

-Nich

Edited by FLoor, 28 November 2015 - 05:39 AM.

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

This has been put forward several times. Read through http://forum.conarti...ion#entry109332 (Including Sev's reply at the end) to see why it won't happen

Andre F S R

Andre F S R
  • 282 posts

Well, that´s a prety nice idea, and maibe we can even put the items we are LF and sayng what we can pay in exange.

FLoor

FLoor
  • 143 posts

This has been put forward several times. Read through http://forum.conarti...ion#entry109332 (Including Sev's reply at the end) to see why it won't happen

Yeah I read that, that's not exactly what I had in mind. This would in no way be a method or form of trading, simply a means to facilitate trading. Kind of like the example I posted, www.tf2outpost.com, or even Duuuuust's trading website, merely in the actual game. People who are not online still wont be able to be traded with, you simply will be able to see what people are trying to trade and then contact them via normal trade chat to negotiate/trade.
And if something like this isn't added then oh well guess we can all just wait for Duuuust to reopen his website...

FLoor

FLoor
  • 143 posts

Well, that´s a prety nice idea, and maibe we can even put the items we are LF and sayng what we can pay in exange.

That's pretty much exactly what I'm hoping for.

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

Yeah I read that, that's not exactly what I had in mind. This would in no way be a method or form of trading, simply a means to facilitate trading. Kind of like the example I posted, www.tf2outpost.com, or even Duuuuust's trading website, merely in the actual game. People who are not online still wont be able to be traded with, you simply will be able to see what people are trying to trade and then contact them via normal trade chat to negotiate/trade.
And if something like this isn't added then oh well guess we can all just wait for Duuuust to reopen his website...

You mean this thread? http://forum.conarti...ion#entry109332

I'd say Con'c comments in there are pretty black and white in that it is never going to happen

FLoor

FLoor
  • 143 posts
First of all that's Sev not Con, and that comment was made nearly a year ago. Second of all what I am proposing is NOT THE SAME THING as what mr bastard proposed. It seemed from Sev's comment that there would be major problems with transactions made while users are offline. THAT IS NOT WHAT I AM PROPOSING. I'm not saying that people should be able to complete trades with offline users. They should just be able to view what other users are selling and be able to advertise their own items. From this they can contact the owners of items they want to trade for via normal chat. All this is the ability to see what everyone else is selling in an organized manner with none of the annoyances and limitations of chat.

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 817 posts

First of all that's Sev not Con, and that comment was made nearly a year ago. Second of all what I am proposing is NOT THE SAME THING as what mr bastard proposed. It seemed from Sev's comment that there would be major problems with transactions made while users are offline. THAT IS NOT WHAT I AM PROPOSING. I'm not saying that people should be able to complete trades with offline users. They should just be able to view what other users are selling and be able to advertise their own items. From this they can contact the owners of items they want to trade for via normal chat. All this is the ability to see what everyone else is selling in an organized manner with none of the annoyances and limitations of chat.

So basically in-game Private Messaging that doesn't require chat?

FLoor

FLoor
  • 143 posts

So basically in-game Private Messaging that doesn't require chat?

Not exactly. Just a place where you can advertise stuff you want to trade and search for stuff you want to trade for. As I said in the post you quoted, "From this they can contact the owners of items they want to trade for via normal chat." Emphesis on the "via normal chat."

If anything like this was added, specifics would be up to the devs, like the limit of items you can advertise and how long they remain posted for, whether or not you can privately message off it or whatnot. I don't want it to replace the chatrooms that already exist, I want it to supplement them and make trading more accessable, make finding specific items easier.

If you want a really good example of what I'm talking about check out www.tf2outpost.com. On this website you see many proposed trades. on the left of each trade are items the user owns and wants to trade, on the right are items they want to buy. You can search for extremely specific items. You can find specific users. You can look for trades that match ones you proposed. You can comment on other users' trades to negotiate terms.

Another really good example was Duuust's trading website, which is unfortunately closed at the moment. You saw what items were sold and what users were selling them. From there you could find them in game using the normal chat rooms and trade with them.

Anything that uses ideas like those and implements them into the actual game would be incredibly helpful to all traders.

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

My bad, I pasted the wrong link. I meant to post this one http://forum.conarti...rading-website/

The problem here was that an externally run site that operates for out of game currency is a "no". Implementing that sort of thing into the game is also a "no"

FLoor

FLoor
  • 143 posts

My bad, I pasted the wrong link. I meant to post this one http://forum.conarti...rading-website/

The problem here was that an externally run site that operates for out of game currency is a "no". Implementing that sort of thing into the game is also a "no"

I've read that too, and that's not what I'm implying either. I don't want to see something run by any one user who gets paid with ingame or out of game currency for the service. I want the devs to put it in as another feature of the game itself. Nothing anyone has to pay for. Con could put a fuel tax on it like there is on normal trading, but it would be run entirely by the dev team. No single user would earn currency of any type from this service.

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 817 posts

We could expand this to an ingame email/messaging system where you can PM each other (allows you to link items within the message). 

FLoor

FLoor
  • 143 posts

We could expand this to an ingame email/messaging system where you can PM each other (allows you to link items within the message). 

Would be a neat addition to it if it was ever implemented in the first place ;)

I guess messaging like this would work sort of like how creating messages in an alliance does, you post a permanent message that the other users can read even long after you've logged off, using this to negotiate with players you wouldn't normally be able to communicate with, since they may be online at different times.

Tom

Tom
  • 400 posts

Sorry but no.

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

man it's really disappointing that CON is so against this idea. Don't completely understand the difficulties that would come with managing/implementing an auction house,

If you want to programme ebay with a balanced currency that can be obtained for free as well as money then go ahead.

Oh, that would be a nightmare to do? There is your answer

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Trading, Market, Items, Uniques, Keys, Traders